It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Contribution Level - Please put it back.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Can the supreme beings at ATS please....PLEASE put back the Contribution level instead of the um...whatever it is now? It looked better. It was easier to decipher with a quick glance. Thanks!!

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

It was a FLAG contribution level, as I understand it. I never did like it. It didn't do anything for me. Is flagging a thread the most important aspect of being a member? Am I to be judged a "good" member simply because I flag threads more often than someone else? I don't think so; it's a rather narrow measurement. Now at least you can get a rough idea of what members' contribution level is overall. Posts, flags, i.e.: Flags earned, stars, and a rather anachronistic measure, Way above top secret, that is no longer used. Now I can tell instantly whether someone has been around awhile and has a relatively good reputation, or if someone just got here and hasn't contributed much. Is this the ENTIRE picture of someone's contributions? Of course not. It's a rough snapshot with just a few metrics and should be taken as such, not gospel. In any case, this was a good move by ATS. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
it's still there, just not in the form of a gauge
those number's at the bottom of your icon mean something......

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Just for clarity, the category was number of flags on threads you created. The act of flagging a thread, while it may be a contribution of sorts, isn't a statistic we were tracking.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Please add your suggestions to the ongoing and monitored thread: ATS/BTS What would you like to see in the future

And please do not start duplicate threads after a previous one has been closed by staff. Thank you.

edit on October 4th 2010 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

top topics

join