It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ceasar Milan: President Obama Needs to Train Bo...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I thought this article was kind of funny. I've watched "The Dog Whisperer" before and as an owner of three dogs, i can say his techniques are dead on. They have always worked for me. I do believe that most people who cannot control their dogs typically have larger issues that overshadow the inability to train their dog. I think a properly trained dog can be very theraputic. I also think an untrained dog is a reflection on the owner.

dog training: Do not let the dog lead you. "Americans who allow their dogs to walk them is one of his biggest peeves," CBS's Lesley Stahl said during her "Sunday Morning" profile of Milan.

"If your dog doesn't learn how to follow, you'll never have a disciplined pet." Well, guess who could stand to learn t lesson? A few American presidents.

Source

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I've never seen the show because I don't watch television but I can totally agree that a poorly trained dog is a reflection on a the person they live with. Case in point- my neighbors have a 100 pound labrador who is a very sweet girl but totally untrained. Doesn't come when she's called, barks her head off for hours at a time uf they leave her to herself in the backyard. I don't know how many times I've been woken up by that dog barking her fool head off (sometimes it's several days in a row...and that makes me surly as hell). I can't walk into my own backyard without the older dog screaming her head off at me the entire time I'm back there. All she wants is to be pet, really but still- I should be able to hang out in my own semi rural backyard without being utterly annoyed.

Now they've just gotten a new dog. Little Australian Shepard guy. When they first brought him home, he was a nice, quiet little guy. Now...for the third day in a row I've been woken up by him barking his head off- having, of course learned it from the other dog.

The husband- he's a scum bag. He's come over to my house several times, offering me money for...well..."activities." Doing that with his kids playing 20 feet away. I wonder if his kids are any more well trained than the dogs are- they scream their heads off in a way that if I had made those noises when I was their age I would have gotten my head ripped off (figuratively, of course).

Edited to add: I do have a dog myself. A 60 pound shepard/rott mix. Sweet girl, doesn't bark overly much unless she's doing her job and when I tell her to stop, she stops. She walks beside me like a decent little person, comes immediately when I call her and will stop whatever she's doing if I need her to sit/stay for her safety or whatever reason.
edit on 4-10-2010 by Zoodie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by dbloch7986

i'm sorry, i still can't get over the fact that the guy named his dog after himself. it just is never going to get old in this simple mind of mine.

oh, also, (obligatory statement alert) obama can't lead anything. so this really isn't news.

oh, oh, also unlike the president who made a public statement promising to rescue a dog. my adorable boston terrier is 100% rescue and pretty freakin' sweet.

oh oh oh oh, also instead of just admitting that he didn't rescue a dog like he promised i think the admnistration argued that the dog technically was rescued. from what i'm not sure, and don't remember. probably the terrifying and deprived life that it woudl have been living, cold windy nights, etc at marthas vinyard.
edit on 4-10-2010 by snusfanatic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
President Obama doesn't have time to properly train a dog.

In his own words: Obama: "They talk about me like a dog"

So, who is leading who here?

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Zoodie

I wonder what the lack of ability of Obama to properly train his dog says about his compassion and leadership. I mean why bother to get a dog? I have my dogs because I love them like a member of my family. They are well trained because domestic dogs are bred to have humans as companions to bring order into their life. An untrained dog is any unhappy dog; a trained dog is a happy dog.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by snusfanatic

I agree that the man is obviously very conceited to have named his dog after himself. I think the fact that he hasn't properly trained his dog is a reflection on how chaotic his personal life is or shows his lack of compassion for people around him. The way people treat animals usually shows their true personality. I agree that dogs should be adopted from shelters and I think all breeding should be halted until the shelters are empty.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

How funny.

Maybe he was referring to the way TPTB groomed him or trained him?

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I seriously doubt Obama has anything to do with the dog, other than photo ops. And training? Im sure that would be placed in the hands of hired help. And with that said, that is all Milan sees is the photo ops of the dog and family.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Why even get a dog then?

See how its a reflection of who he is?

top topics

join