It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

paranoid question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
i have a question that may sound silly and paranoid, but i recently visited Anti-Terrorism Coalition's list of websites that may be linked to terrorist networks, and visited a few of them. do you think that anyone monitors which IP addresses visit these sites and starts monitoring them? like i said, it sounds paranoid, and perhaps im becoming so. maybe ill have to stop being interested in stuff.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by asdasd12345
maybe ill have to stop being interested in stuff.

Unless you want the guys in the blue coats to come knocking, This is a pretty good ideas.

Where do you think the CIA and the FEDs get there info, from sites like that.
I wouldnt be to worried, unless you typed something stupid. Just walk away.

[edit on 24-6-2004 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
thanks m8. i hope im not the only one who gets irrational paranoid fears from time to time.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I think your safe asdasd12345 they have more to do with there man power then waste it looking up peoples IP addys and seeing what they did.
Think of the people it would use to do such a operation .

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by dwh0

Think of the people it would use to do such a operation .

Zero, maybe one. A computer would do it all. Looks for key words, then makes matches. Then tracks IP addys. very easy.

[edit on 24-6-2004 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Visiting a terrorist website, just as long as you dont do anything like a terrorist. But, if they have your IP there, they may now monitor your communications for any suspiciousness. Perhaps they may collect a dossier about you now. Who knows what those Anti-Terrorism people are up to.

I hope this doesn't make you any paranoid than you already are.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
You have nothing to be paranoid about, what you have done is not illegal. You have the freedom to visit any legal web-site that you wish, has your IP address been logged, who knows and who cares as long as you don�t commit any acts of terrorism.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   
lol, i think if you are just viewing the site it would be hard for them to touch you, cause hey, didnt they themselves have to go to that site to know it ever existed?

Now please ignore the above if you ARE a terrorist, and only read between the
's

YOU WILL BE TRACKED DOWN BY THE SITDA (SPECIAL INTERNET TERRORIST DETECTION AGENCY) UNLESS YOU GIVE UP YOUR EVIL WAYS AND TELL US WHERE OSAMA IS!!!

---pineapple

E_T

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Well, that's just for what Echelon and all these other systems are for.

There's definititely much more going on than governments admit, because by controlling people they can stay in power/get more of it. (and if you don't have noticed, many leader seems to be loved/obsessed to power)

Like here in Finland incidents that happened around biggest ISP.
It's e-mail servers where malfunctioning whole last year, mails didn't go anywhere, they were send forward only after month, same for incoming mails.
They blamed viruses, but sametime even smaller providers had mail-systems working fully.
Then in winter some started getting notices to their mail-boxes... notice's content was that [email protected] mail-box was full!
They said that it was their mail-system testing account and there had benn some error which caused those notifications, but considering other incidents around company... something stinks there definitely.
And before Iraq war Finland's prime minister of time had promised full support for Bush's "war games", which he wanted to hide from people... and this prime minister had also these ideas that his opinion is general opinion, so he don't have to listen/ask anything from people.

new topics

top topics

join