It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assassinating world leaders....(art??)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Now this artist just has to be a member on ATS...

A Brazilian artist, Gil Vicente, has provoked outrage by unveiling a series of drawings in which he depicts himself assassinating nine world leaders.

Theblogismine

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/e4c81fb0829a8ee5.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/1229f952acc61b89.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/afa491165f8ba0bb.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/e140b9f2bac03022.jpg[/atsimg]

Just thought it would be nice to share these. Have fun........

Peace

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I gave you a star because I found this cool and interesting.

Shoe's on the other foot and such.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Xadaz

Thanks for the reply Xadaz,

Yeah, I thought this was pretty interesting as well. Talk about putting your emotions into your artwork.

These drawings just scream Frustration.

Peace

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

already a thread here

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by snusfanatic

And I searched the entire freaking site!! Especially for the name "Gil Vicente", you would think a search engine would pick up on something like a name!!!!

Thanks for the tips!! Mod's delete this thread and improve your search function!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peace

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Interesting. All of the sub humans depicted as being shot in these works accumulatively have either killed, sodomized, or in some morose way defiled a great number of Human beings the World over. If a Person comes into our homes to do violence, as individuals we can, and will kill them. Yet, these subhumans depicted still live, with only the fantasizing of their deaths portrayed. And when portrayed, the masses shame the artist.

It is also amazing to me that out of almost 7 Billion People on the Earth, not one is willing or able to carry their fantasy to reality. It would not be that hard with a good plan.

Humanity is a strange collection of Sadist's. All reveling in their suffrage for their amusement? Yes, while true that suffering brings enlightenment, and all the other flowery philosophical derivatives, philosophy is a luxury. We complain often, but the majority of the actions in which these wicked Men and Women depicted ascribe to Humanity, usually fall on the Children of the 3rd World, that die by the time they are young Adults. And yet, our amusement further behooves us to enjoy the torment that we think we know.

Funny thing is, if these sub humans depicted were ever to live in the 3rd World in which they affect so much, someone would rub them off the 2nd day of the arrival. The second, only because the first would be spent in arranging their deaths in the most rude and cruel of fashions.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   

haha. no problem. i wouldnt' even have known if the original thread hadn't amused me so much that i forwarded it to like 20 friends and family members. these are truly some awesome pictures.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Nothing generates interest/web hits/money like a bit of controversy...
Sort of like any time a record gets banned it instanly makes more folks go out and buy a copy.

It raises an intersting point though-Is art ART because of the talent behind the brush strokes-or the connotations and message it delivers?

As pencil and charcoal goes,this is not really that special-good students can do a similar job IMO.
In this case its the subject matter which is the thing the artist relies upon to get people thinking I believe.

Prefer Bruegel myself for the dark side of art:

www.ibiblio.org...

This one used to be on the freaking wall in the doctors waiting room when I was a little kid...Morbid or what?

gordondouglas.files.wordpress.com...

Sorry for the off topic,

new topics

top topics

join