It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Homosexuality Fad.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   

But have you been to a highschool lately? Gawwwd...they're bored with "experimenting" and have jumped straight into making things up for attention. And what makes it seem more so is that kids that really don't know much about themselves or the world begin doing it just because the kid next to them did it. They're following new fads around like a little puppy dog. I thought I was the only one irritated by it. I'm seeing a few other people on here that seem to get it as well.

Thankyou! my point exactly. I am trying to differenciate between experimenting and just plainly making it up.
It is rampant in highschool now.

Nothing wrong with experimenting at all. But there is something wrong with someone to pretend that they are when they arent soley for the intention.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by littlecloud

Well...they could also be
practicing ritual sacrifice
proselytizing
cheating,
stealing,
bullying,
abusing,
obnoxious,
loud,
hurtful....

Maybe be glad they are not causing harm to you or to anyone else around them.

Accepting them, is a good way to learn/exhibit tolerance.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by LimbicSystem

But have you been to a highschool lately? Gawwwd...they're bored with "experimenting" and have jumped straight into making things up for attention.

And what makes it seem more so is that kids that really don't know much about themselves or the world begin doing it just because the kid next to them did it. They're following new fads around like a little puppy dog.

No, I haven't been to a highschool in more than 40 years!
But to be honest with you, the situation you describe is just about the same as I remember it way back then. Nothing has really changed. I think its called adolescence. I do agree tho, it was irritating then (mind you I was as guilty as anyone else) and I am sure it is still now.

It takes a long time before you realize that it is OK to have your own opinion of things, and to have enough fortitude to dare to be different; even if the "crowd" may not agree.

But kids are attention whores, to be sure. Fortunately most do grow out of it eventually. I don't see the current trend as scary in so much as just one more thing to have "fun" with; not be taken too seriously.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

I believe it.

I have this theory that they're growing up slower now. It would make sense.
40 years ago, drinking didn't actually throw away your life...NOW if you're caught drinking, it could be on your record for life, interfere with getting a job, and god forbid if you get taken to court over getting in a fight.

I'm not even 40 years old, so it could be easy to correct me on this, but

I believe that kids are growing up slower because they're told they're slower and wont grow up throughout their lives. They get told they're useless and trash. I know that the generation before went through something of the same thing, but I'm convinced that it has gotten worse. They're having to worry about lawsuits more than bullies now, but you know what I'm saying.

I'm only referring to the majority. There's always the ones that make it early, had good support or room to think.

So for them to become confused and actually dumb themselves down makes sense in a way.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join