It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DO YOU BELIEVE IN COINCIDENCE?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
My Parents are got divorced when i was very young at the age of 3. I grew up with my Mother but saw my Father every now and then. My Father is a Mason. When i was younger he showed me a photo of the lodge and its members and his uniform with the gloves and stuff. My Father also worked in the MoD Police. In 1996 i went on Holiday with my Mother and Family to Orlando USA. We went to the water park 'Wet n Wild'. I was strolling around and decided to visit the souvenir shop to buy a couple of presents to hand out to Family when i arrived back home. I remember i got this feeling to look behind me, i saw a stand full of necklaces with a PYRAMID and an EYE on it!!
It was a rope type of thing with the pyramid in silver and the eye in the centre. At that time i had no knowledge of any of these things. I bought 2 necklaces, 1 for me and the other for my DAD!!
When i got back home after the holiday i went to see my Father, he was working, he came out to meet me with his work colleague, i said "HEY DAD I HAVE A PRESENT I BOUGHT FOR YOU FROM THE STATES", i handed him his present which came in a little brown paper bag, he opened it took it out, looked at his friend and said "LOOK CLIVE, WHAT A COINCIDENCE", then both men laughed. I thought nothing of it at the time of course. Now i look back and it creeps me out a bit. More things have happend since then and i would like to know what you guys think of coincidences and have you had anything like this happen to you also?

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
what other things have happened since then?
thats a crazy story

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Tell me about it. This is the first time ever that i wrote about this. I was working for as a delivery driver for a second hand furniture shop. I used to live above the shop that i worked for. One day i saw someone who i knew was a mason! I knew this because he was my Fathers friend. So i saw him talking to this other guy and then another came along. It was nothing exept that the very same afternoon i went back to work and my boss asked me to collect something for him from a plumbing shop. When i got there i parked the van, got out, and saw that the name of the shop was 'Atlas Plumbing', the sign was a Pyramid! Anyway i went inside and the owner was one of the guys that was talking to my Fathers friend earlier on. He gave me a set of keys to hand to my boss and i took them and took them back to the shop. My boss told me they were a set of key of a house that was being sold and the owner had second hand stuff that he sold to m boss, i had to go and pick up the stuff. I went to pick up the stuff and it was a load of crap! When i got back to the shop i put everything in its place, there was 1 box left, full of old books. I placed every book on the shelf and then i saw the last book, 'Ancient Astronaughts' by Erik Von Danikken. Something told me read that book. I took it home and i did. It changed my life forever. Before that i was ignorant, i never read book and always got into trouble. It really changed me.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Before that i used to do Hip Hop, i still do but now i changed my style also, i want to to about conspiracy topics in my songs

www.youtube.com...

Its not great but i try to rap ;P

edit on 3-10-2010 by Dr Cosma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Guys there is no such thing as coincidence. You might experience it that way, because you did not expect it to happen. Everything happens for a reason.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

Well I've always disbelieved in coincidences,everything happens for a reason. Now about 4-5yrs ago it was a Friday and a thunderstorm was goin on. I had asked for my son to go downstairs to get something for me ...the just a minute thing came up ,then he was doing the tiptoe thing till comercial came on(simpsons on). I got frusterated that he wasn't going when I had asked 15 min ago so I went to shut off T.V...the power went out. Alrighty supper thing put on hold so I went to the store to get some cigs. After I got bacK the family, we were sitting around the table and my son was going on about if the power wasn't out he could do homework! He said this a couple times finally I'd had enough(my kids never did homework on Friday). I got up touched the power button on T.V and power came on(I even thought I'll show you lol).
I still laugh whenb I think of my son and especially my husbands faces when the power came on. Son was only 9-10 yrs old at time thought mom had some power lol.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies guys. Nice story there, yes i bet your son thougt you had powers! lol maybe you do!
Yes i dont belive in coincidences. Theres a book about it 'The Celestine Prophecy', have you read it? I havent got round to reading it yet.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
No I havn't read it and no I don't have powers my flusterated enrgy was the issue and was what was doin the influencing. Wish it was something I could actually contol

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I never really believed in coincidence, especially around this time last year. I had recently feel into some hard times, and I had some money saved. Where I live there is a local barter website that I frequented at times for a good deal. I had to move from my residence, and didn't know what I was going to do.

BTW, I had used the website before to buy items, so I was familiar with it. I was browsing through the pages, and some pages can get old, and I didn't notice the date. I saw a home for sale, not rent, or option to buy, a home to buy, but it was way in the country.

I almost had the full amount, but decided before I got to excited to call and see if it was available.

I spoke to the owner and he had been sitting on the property for a year and was anxious to sell. I went to see the property, and I feel in love, but of course I didn't want him to know. So he asked if I saw it, and I said yes, and he asked if I was buying. I thought about it, and told him that I had to call him back because I didn't have the full amount. He quickly responded to meet him in town and we could discuss it.

I went to town, and come to find out that I knew him. I bought something from him about a year before. I explained my situation, and he sold me the property for what I had. It was wayyyy, under priced, and he told me that I was a nice person the last time we met, and he was more than happy to sell it to someone nice, as he met some un-delightful people before and didn't want to sell it to them.

So the moral of the story is that if I hadn't trusted my instincts, and looked, and called, my situation would have been much worse. Now I own my home and property, and have never been happier. Now if thats not a story about intuition and not coincidence, I don't know what is.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Nice story. Im glad you got your house. The previous owner is a good guy, not many people like that around anymore. I used to live in the country, i loved it. I live in a big City now.

new topics

top topics

join