It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who do you believe the Desolate Woman is?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Isaiah54-
"Sing, O barren woman,
you who never bore a child;
burst into song, shout for joy,
you who were never in labor;
because more are the children of the desolate woman
than of her who has a husband,"
says the LORD.

The LORD will call you back
as if you were a wife deserted and distressed in spirit—
a wife who married young,
only to be rejected," says your God.

"For a brief moment I abandoned you,
but with deep compassion I will bring you back.

In a surge of anger
I hid my face from you for a moment,
but with everlasting kindness
I will have compassion on you,"
says the LORD your Redeemer.

"To me this is like the days of Noah,
when I swore that the waters of Noah would never again cover the earth.
So now I have sworn not to be angry with you,
never to rebuke you again.

Though the mountains be shaken
and the hills be removed,
yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken
nor my covenant of peace be removed,"
says the LORD, who has compassion on you.

"O afflicted city, lashed by storms and not comforted,
I will build you with stones of turquoise,
your foundations with sapphires.

I will make your battlements of rubies,
your gates of sparkling jewels,
and all your walls of precious stones.

All your sons will be taught by the LORD,
and great will be your children's peace.

In righteousness you will be established:
Tyranny will be far from you;
you will have nothing to fear.
Terror will be far removed;
it will not come near you.

If anyone does attack you, it will not be my doing;
whoever attacks you will surrender to you.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

As so often in the prophets, including Revelation, God's people is being portayed as "a woman", with the Lord being the husband of his people.
In the first instance, this is about the redemption of Israel from Babylon.
v7 "For a brief moment I forsook you"- ie he allowed Nebuchadnezzar to capture Jerusalem and destroy the Temple.
"But with great compassion I will gather you". ie there will be a return from Babylon. Then the population of believers- "your children"- will be boosted again.
But the traditional Christian practice has been to take the promises given to Israel and re-apply them to the church, so that angle can be considered as well.

edit on 3-10-2010 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

ok-thanks for responding, so what do you make of these or is there a way that these apply to what your saying?

it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body

As a young man marries a maiden, so will your sons marry you; as a bridegroom rejoices over his bride, so will your God rejoice over you.

But the Jerusalem that is above is free, and she is our mother.

by abolishing in his flesh the law with its commandments and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new man out of the two, thus making peace

In that day I will respond," declares the LORD— "I will respond to the skies, and they will respond to the earth

we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, and especially of those who believe.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rustami
ok-thanks for responding, so what do you make of these

These all come from different parts of the Bible, don't they, and they relate to a number of different topics.

it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body

This is Paul talking about the difference between the kind of physical life we have now, and the kind of life we wold have in the resurrection. It would be a different kind of body altogether.

As a young man marries a maiden, so will your sons marry you; as a bridegroom rejoices over his bride, so will your God rejoice over you.

You're forgetting to quote references. I shall have to track this one down, but I think this is making the same point as the Isaiah passage you were quoting before. Hence the very mixed metaphors ("your sons will marry you").

But the Jerusalem that is above is free, and she is our mother.

I recognise this quotation from Paul. Ths is the same metaphor, but, being Paul, it is very definitely related to the Christian church, making the point that the church are the true "inheritors", as compared with those bound by the Mosaic law.

by abolishing in his flesh the law with its commandments and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new man out of the two, thus making peace

Ephesians. The division and hostility between Jew and Gentile is abolished among those who have accepted the gospel,

In that day I will respond," declares the LORD— "I will respond to the skies, and they will respond to the earth

In the original statement, this is about God's promise to bring Israel to repentance. Same qualification as before.

I think your last one is from one of the speeches in Acts, bt I shall have to look it up.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
It's Israel in general.

Jerusalem specifically.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

This has not happened yet. For right now and since Christ was killed, "blindness in part" is over the nation of Israel "until the times of the gentiles be fulfilled".

"So now I have sworn not to be angry with you,
never to rebuke you again."

This is speaking about the time after the "restoration of all things", during the 1,000 year reign of the Lord on Earth.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

Rustami,
The answer to your question is found in this verse - Read,

Da 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

He Yahshua ministered to them the wk. of yrs. 27,28,29, ( 30, ) 31,32,33 and in the midst of that wk. 30 AD He died and this stopped the sacrifices and oblations causing them to cease. The fulfillment had come and it was finished. The veil of the Temple was torn in half from top to bottom and Yahweh left tearing the veil into. Thus the House was left unto them desolate, He had left it and to all them that did not recieve the Messiah. The Church, the Women if you will that did not recieve Him were left desolate but could and can be graffed back if they will come to Him.

That is the woman left desolate.

Truthiron

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by truthiron

so who would you say are the "more are the children""who does'nt give birth" "than of her who has a husband"?, considering-

Romans9.8-
it is not the natural children who are God's children, but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as Abraham's offspring.

11.28-
As far as the gospel is concerned, they are enemies on your account; but as far as election is concerned, they are loved on account of the patriarchs

Ezekiel21.10-
" 'Shall we rejoice in the scepter of my son Judah ?

Zechariah3.9-
See, the stone I have set in front of Joshua! There are seven eyes on that one stone

Matthew23.9-
But you are not to be called 'Rabbi,' for you have only one Master and you are all brothers. And do not call anyone on earth 'father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven. Nor are you to be called 'teacher,' for you have one Teacher, the Christ.

10.37-
Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me

1Timothy4.10-
our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, and especially of those who believe.

Philippians3.3-
For it is we who are the circumcision, we who worship by the Spirit of God, who glory in Christ Jesus, and who put no confidence in the flesh

Isaiah-
The wolf will live with the lamb, the leopard will lie down with the goat, the calf and the lion and the yearling together; and a little child will lead them.

Matthew21.43-
The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof

2Cor3.17-
Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

So, my brothers, you also died to the law through the body of Christ, that you might belong to another, to him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit to God.

edit on 5-10-2010 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   

A few errors...

1. Jesus's ministry was 3 years not 7.

2. Daniel Ch. 9 is speaking of the "man of sin", the antichrist, read the chapter in context. A verse taken out of context is a pretext.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

Me at this point in time, it has to be me!

Natalie The Desolate Whore

na edit to add if you read the latest Time Mag it has story about the Pope, in it he calls the Church, 'her'

it has to be the Church
edit on 6-10-2010 by Thurisaz because: edit to be not so silly

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

["man of sin"]-I'm not so sure, there seems to be plenty of scriptures to back that position

2Corinthians5.21-
For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Ephesians2.15-
Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace

1Corinthains15.56-
the power of sin is the law.

Matthew11.13-
For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John. And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come.

Galatians3.16,19-
Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ...What, then, was the purpose of the law? It was added because of transgressions until the Seed to whom the promise referred had come. The law was put into effect through angels by a mediator.

John19.13-
Jesus said, "It is finished."

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

I'm fairly certain Jesus is NOT the "man of sin" Paul is referring to in Thessalonians. The antichrist is.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

strung up, out, overwhelmed, the dump, whore, desolate, etc.....lol! sounds like you'll be entering the kingdom first

Matthew-
Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are entering the kingdom of God ahead of you.

John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, 'He has a demon.' The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of publicans and "sinners." '

Isaiah-
To me this is like the days of Noah, when I swore that the waters of Noah would never again cover the earth.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

who died on the cross with him? (all right?)

Job19-
I know that my Redeemer lives,
and that in the end he will stand upon the earth.
And after my skin has been destroyed,
yet in my flesh I will see God;
I myself will see him
with my own eyes

1Corinthians-
Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face.

John-
The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing.

2Corinthians-
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

Philippians-
be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law

Romans-
So, my brothers, you also died to the law through the body of Christ, that you might belong to another, to him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit to God.

Luke-
I tell you, among those born of women there is no one greater than John; yet the one who is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he."

edit on 6-10-2010 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

Who died on the cross with Jesus? What does that have to do with the man of sin? What does that have to do with the little horn that leads the 8th empire of Bible prophecy Daniel and John are referring to?

I'll give you a hint: Jesus is coming back to Earth to wage war with this person.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

it appears to have everything to do with everything - wounded with sword yet lived?
and?

The beast who once was, and now is not, is an eighth king. He belongs to the seven and is going to his destruction.

whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming.

Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

I declare to you, brothers, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.
edit on 6-10-2010 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Noturtypical,
Even though Christ died AD 30 His ministry still went to the Jews till the wk. of yrs. was ended. Then AD 34 a Jubilee yr. the gospel went to the Gentiles. And to the other you mentioned does this sound like the antichrist?
Read-
Da 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

I read the 70 wks are determined upon thy people and the holy city and the results were the Temple then was left to them empty and to them also because they did not recieve their Messiah. They crucified Him.

But His mercy was still open to them, if they came to Him they could be graffed back in since they were the natural olive branches.

Truthiron

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   

We're still awaiting the 70th week.

It's called the "Great Tribulation".

It will begin when the church dispensation is complete.

top topics

join