It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"He has slight bipolar. He couldn't focus. He has ADD. He has diabetes."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Well, he's got everything doesn't he? The title is a quote by a guy's wife. This guy got angry at someone for something to do with his and the other person's dog and he killed them. I mean come on, over a dog? And the guy was an ex-con who was already in prison for 9 years for a manslaughter conviction. Obviously the guy was troubled but I know people who are bipolar, who have ADD and who have diabetes, and that doesn't cause them to kill someone.

Here's the story:

An ex-con who cops say stabbed a Brooklyn bartender to death in a feud sparked by their dogs just succumbed to "a blind rage," his angry wife told The Post yesterday.

"Everyone thinks he is a horrible person; he's not a horrible person," said Yvonne Walsh-Pagan, who saw Daniel Pagan, 36, stab Chai Eun Hillmann, 41, outside the Branded Saloon, in Prospect Heights, early Thursday.

"He did that in a blind rage. He didn't even remember what he did," she said as their Shih Tzu, Bugsy, yelped nearby.

"He probably wants to kill himself," she said of her husband, who did nine years in prison on a 1991 manslaughter conviction. "He has slight bipolar. He couldn't focus. He has ADD. He has diabetes."

With Pagan charged with murder, attempted murder and criminal possession of a weapon, Hillmann's kin didn't want to hear the litany of excuses.

"Why is a guy like that even allowed to be carrying a knife?" said Jane Hillmann, who adopted Chai, an aspiring actor and ex-karate teacher, from South Korea when he was 7.

His parents, brother and sister-in-law visited the bar yesterday to pick up Rocco, his miniature pinscher, and try to make sense of what happened.

"This is just so senseless," said his brother, Al. "He was a martial-arts sensei. If he'd had any way of knowing this was gonna happen, he would've taken that guy out in a second."

But Pagan's wife blamed Hillmann -- for confronting her when their dogs' leashes tangled.

"The guy was wasted drunk, wasted -- that Asian guy," she said. "He could hardly speak. He was threatening me. He . . . grabbed my arm, and Daniel went crazy and said, 'Don't touch my wife!' "

Cops said Pagan first stabbed musician Daniel Hultquist in the neck, then his pal, Hillmann, who was off work but attending a charity poker tournament.

Source

It was JUST a blind rage, he doesn't even remember it. I mean people do that all the time right?

edit on 10/3/2010 by PennKen2009 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/3/2010 by PennKen2009 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Interesting. I wonder how this will eventually play out.

I'll try to find a link, if one exists, to a news item from quite a few years ago in Kentucky.
A woman, who was diabetic, was experiencing a sudden and extreme low blood sugar episode. Her husband said something that set her off and she killed him. She was found not guilty of murder or any other sort of killing charge due to not being in control of herself because the low blood sugar caused her rage and subsequent behaviour.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Can't find a link. It happened about 12 years ago.

I believe it happened in Rockcastle County. And in that same county, a man was arrested for DUI. He was found not guilty of driving under the influence because he was drunk! Yes, he was drunk. And his defense was that since he was drunk and not in control of himself, couldn't make a sound decision, he should not be found guilty.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I just think its kinda weird how she defends him so much like it's not that big of a deal, I mean he stabbed 2 people, not just one but two and it was over a couple of dogs.

Anger Management and a lifetime stay in the prison cell hotel sounds like a prescription for him.

top topics

join