It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The last straw with my little community.f

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I live in an Arizona, upper middle class neighborhood community called "Tarremar" (sp..?). Now when we first moved in, things seemed pretty well. Some stupid rules that usually come with all communities, but never-the-less a good place to live. Then, one day my mom found a ticket on her car. Do you know why she had this ticket? BECAUSE SHE HAD THE NEERRRVVEE TO PARK HER CAR ON THE STREET NEXT TO OUR HOUSE!!! It wasn't obstructing anything, just sitting there by the curb. Apparently, it's a rule that you can't park there in this neighborhood. Now we have 4 vehicals, one being a Jeep Cherokee (The newer, good model for those of you out there who know your stuff about cars). So, what we did for a little while is just squeeezzee all three cars into that little driveway, and my dad's Jeep he would park in the side yard, in the rocks. This all worked well, we got a few warnings on days when we just really didn't want to squeeze in. It was good, that is, untill today. I got home from the movies and found out that MY DAD GOT A WARNING FOR PARKING IN OUR SIDEYARD!! OOUUURRR F-ING SIDEYARD! Not the city's or the communities sideyard. OUR SIDEYARD THAT WE PURCHUSED WITH THE GOD DAMNED HOUSE! Those f-ing bastards won't even let us park in our own yard! It's not even like the main front yard either. It's the part about 5-6 feet wide that leads to our back gate. The part that is basically the driveway without pavement! I have no idea what to do... And of course my dad loves this place so much he doesn't even care! I have a job, my brother, mom, and dad all have jobs that we have to leave for in the morning. We're all going to have to park in sequencial order depending on who goes to work first that day. AAAHHHH!

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Thats a danger of living in a "community" is that they make the rules.

I live in the country, and if someone told me "Sir, you cant REALLY park your car there", they would get a gunshot blast to the face.

But if it really pisses you off: sue.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I don't know your community, but many of them put those rules in place to avoid ending up with Sanford and Son looking houses. They're trying to keep the property value and general ambience of the neighborhood intact and up to a certain standard. Some I've seen even have a say in what color you paint your house. It seems rediculous until you realize it's saving you from living next door to a guy with a screaming purple house and 6 cars up on blocks in the front yard.

Perhaps your parents can protest formally. I assume there is some kind of homeowners' association in charge since they have power to cite you. Might be that some cages need to be rattled to either change the rules. Otherwise they might look into extending the paving on the driveway if they can't beat the system. It's why I think I'd never want to own in a community of this nature. I'd like to be able to do whatever I want to my property without having to conform to the rules of the masses.

new topics

join