It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are the U.S military still stopping in shannon(ireland) for fuel stops to the middle east???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
was just wondering are they still using the shannon airport in ireland to stop off to and from the middle east???

i live about 50 miles from the airport and i we live up on the side of a hill overlooking a town called nenagh. anyway i went outside the back for a ciggerate last night 2-10-2010 at about 11:30 and over the direction of shannon airport i noticed about eight red light rising from lowish altitude, rising and heading in the direction of west-southwest (approx) they loocked like they were getting into formation while flying off, all in all there were about ten or more of these in about 15-25min timeframe. i called my mother over and showed her and didn know what they were, they did not look like ufo's, but the afterburn of a fighter plane. there were no navagation lights i could see only a red flickering light which looked like came from behind the object heading away from my direction.

just curious as to what they were or if someone else around that area saw them and we do not have any fighter planes here in ireland and not much of military so if it was military it wasint ours.

cheers

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I believe so the airport was used considerably during the Iraq war in particular. Here is a fairly recent article that reiterates US commitments at the airport.

www.limerickleader.ie...

THE US Army will continue to use Shannon Airport as a transit route for its soldiers on their way to the Middle East, according to a spokesperson for the airport.
The spokesperson confirmed that reports of a withdrawal of transit services were without foundation.

new topics

join