It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The future is already here

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Just a quick thread here to air my ponderings, hopefully others can add to my thoughts.

I think we are all aware of the works of Leonardo Davinci, in particularly his inventions such as a giant cross bow, a glider and helicopter type device, these were centuries ahead of their time, but somehow he managed to design them in a way that they could actually work.

It's what we would call theoretical science today and it still goes on, there are probably hundreds of theoretical devices designed and just waiting for the science to catch up.

A recent example of this is the lithium-ion battery, they are now small and powerful enough to be in used in cars these days and will (IMHO) change the way electricity is stored in the future.

What interests me the most though is technology such as warp drive.

It's not just a term used in Star Trek, it's a real (theoretically speaking) term and the theory on how it works is already out there, we of course just need for other parts of science to catch up.

When I think of this, I realise that Davinci wasn't a freak of nature, well ok he probably was, but his future thinking isn't a one off and there are many who are doing what he did 600 years ago, today and that is an exciting thought!

edit on 3/10/10 by Chadwickus because: (reason classified)

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
The future was always here. The future isn't contained to a single timeframe.. its always, constant. The time is the illusion to us, but for the device, its a matter of time. We always seem to impress ourselves..
What is new today, may have been old eons ago.

warp drive is a perfect example.. who knows, you may end up someplace old, or new

edit on 3-10-2010 by Myendica because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

An interesting way of looking at it.

Thanks for replying!

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Actually, if you think about it the future is something we all chase but never catch.

new topics

top topics

join