It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major who killed Canadian soldiers to accept administrative punishment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Or otherwise he'll recieve no punishment at all, for mistakenly dropping a bomb on a Canadian Unit in the Afgan War, while he was under the influence of Speed.

U.S. pilot won�t face charges

Now this really pisses me off. At the very least the Pilot who dropped the bomb(and He didn't obey orders either to not attack!!
). Here is a quotes from one of the victims mothers.

Agatha Dyer, mother of Cpl. Ainsworth Dyer, 25, who was killed in the 2002
bombing, said she was saddened by the news.

"He should get some penalty because he was at fault. He didn't obey orders. My heart is broken," Dyer said today from her home in Montreal.

Now can anybody tell why this pilot isn't facing criminal charges. And can anybody tell me what 'administrative punishment' entails because it just seems like a slap on the wrist for Disobeying a direct order AND manslaughter.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
ITS called irony, when you go some where to kill somebody for money and all the sudden insted you get killed, just the irony of it isnt it? "Live by the sword Die by the sword" those people were over ther to kill kill kill in the firs place thats why your still alive to learn from it and because you did not go! you could have joined up! for pride, money for coledge; or what ever, or just to go have "fun" killing people! (wich in my opinion is Sadomasacism/Rooted in Evil) Ohh as for administrative punishment tha means just like it looks/ a slap on the wrist for media propaganda Purposes. Now as for why this is up setting to you i can relate and even side with you on the ridiculessnes of it but thats just the world we live in, Am i wrong, a world where people kill rob steal and hate "just because" a world were people are led blidly and obediantly by choice to slaughter a world were the media Decives and is owned by deception a world where secrets are o so Jucie and Truthes are rejected for their simplicity. its actualy not comlicated at all there are peopl who "want" to kill. not for any thing in particular they just "want" and ther are people who want to watch and they enjoy this! now where has all the enjoyment gone? i would call it like i see it. a prime example of war exposed. now lets/ say for example those were afganee troops, and lets say they were going to surender ( did not fire on us troops) now let say just for speculation that that pilot "wanted to kill" and that orders did not matter the only voice in his head was kill kill kill, what do you think the out come would be? would we have a squad of afganie prisoners or would they be dead? SURVEY SAYS!! so i can only humbly ask that you take no personal offnce as to this response i think that it is a very noble post of you to even put it in the first palce, i would like to pose a question of my own! GIVEN THE SITUATIONS AT HAND DO YOU THINK THE WORLD IS UNDENIABLY ESCILATING INTO WORLD WAR 3 AND IF SO, CONSIDERING THE WORLD SUPER POWERS ARSINALS OF WEAPONS (NAMELY WAR HEADS/NUKES) WHAT DO YOU SUPOSE THE OUT COME OF THESE WARRING SPECIES WILL CULMINATE TO AS FOR THE ENSLAVEMENT OR DESTRUCTION OF THE HUMAN SPICIES ?

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Well, I see this has got limited views. I think that our members below the border would just like this to go away. Fact 1, 4 men are dead. Fact 2 8 people will never be the same. Fact 3 what about the families that have to deal with this loss? AND this cowboy won't do any time for disregarding his orders. Makes me think, why would anyone want to be in a millitary arrangement with the States, when they don't even keep their own accountable?

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Why would anybody want to be in a military arrangement? we could fight for honor (Pride) to take land (steal) or to defend our land (wich we stole from someone else!) military has got to have some other meanigs to the word i mean this literaly of course like (forces of destruction) or mabe (the paid hit men) how bout maifia? organized people with guns with intent to kill and little or no value for life ofver pices of paper with ink printed on it. the world is so easy to see it as it is (for some) and so easy to deny it as it is (for others) Hmm... Good Question.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I'm taking this where it belongs. Warn me if you want.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
While it was very sad that this happened...this is war and mistakes happen because war is conducted by human beings and we are not perfect!! The ONLY way for this to never happen again is to never have a war!!

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Youre neighbors below the border have known about this for a while, intrepid. And it doesnt really scream out much to be noticed. With Abu Gharib going on, were focusing on a bigger embarrassment.

But, the rest of the country aside, Im surprised, really, that this major is getting off so light. He violated so many major codes of cinduct, Im surprised they aint gonna strip him and discharge him.

1. he was on illegal drugs. That alone tells me the forces have really gotten weak on enforcing thier drug policies. Fighter pilots underwent even stricter anti drug regs, the fact nothing is done about it is, to say the least, a distubing peek into the current state of diclipline in the forces.
2. he disobeyed a direct order not to bomb. he disobeyed an order and dropped a bunch of bombs when specifically told not too. and the results certainly were anything but justified.
3. He knowingly attacked friendly forces. His disobeying orders not to bomb them. He knew they were good guys. In effect, he attacked his mown forces. This tells me the guy is wrong in the head. persons not mentally stable, in the good old days, were taken off flight status before they even land the plane.

And this guy is only getting a slap on the wrist? jesus Christ, I knew guys in the army sent to leavenworth for ALOT less.

my only conclusion can be that this guy is REALLY connected. the fact at the minimum he isnt losing his job is pretty damn disturbing.

Yet anopther reminder of why I left the forces: the lack of discipline, order, and proper justic, rewards and punishments being meted out, led to lowered moral, performance, and quality fo the soldiers. Thank you much, Mr Clinton.

This Air Force pilot, who we would have considered an embarrassment and a joke back when i was in, will get a piecve of paper saying naughty bot.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
Or otherwise he'll recieve no punishment at all, for mistakenly dropping a bomb on a Canadian Unit in the Afgan War, while he was under the influence of Speed.

It is mandatory to take amphetamines before flying in the Air Force. It is actually required that all pilots be under the influence of amphetamines while flying. It was found to improve performance. Just ask the boys at Lockheed Martin who so endorse this policy.

This guy is not technically a war criminal.

Even morally speaking, he is not any worse than the people who dropped bombs on Iraqi civilians in Baghdad.

[edit on 24-6-2004 by Daelume]

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Um, no its not mandatory to take meth in the air force. I was stationed on airbases, knew enough pilots.

Back in the 80s, the govornment tried a few experiemnts, giving front line troops and fighter pilots meth. it was to see if it did indeed improve performance. What it did was make alot of jumpy, crazy, flipped out troops whod shoot at any motion, often killing one another. they immdeiately realized speed was simply to unstable a drug on the human brain to make soldiers efficient killers.

it made them good at killing one another and increasing irrational paranoia> Sleep deprevation caused by the drugs caused them to hallucinate and attack non esistant objects and people.

So, no, they are not required to take speed. Speed also increases the need, frequency, and urgency to relieve the bowels and bladder, not good ideas when flying a super sonic aircraft around for hours.

This dude was in serious violation of several airforce regulations.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 01:40 AM
link   
The major should be at minimum found guilty of disobeying a direct and lawful order and jailed in a military prison. He killed as a result of disobeying a direct order and that is enough to be jailed in a military prison, discharged and possibly jailed in a civil prison as well.

He is not a war criminal as he has not commited any crimes against humanity as such.

To compare him to aircrew who drop weapons on civilians is also wrong. Those aircrew are targeting locations given to them by others. They are following orders and to identify civilians from enemy at operational altitudes is normally impossible. Yes civilians have been killed and may have even been targeted but who's to say they were not "enemy" and valid targets? Innocent people will always be killed in war, just be thankful we are not in WWII and seeing thousands of innocents killed every day as occured in Europe.

Military personnel have/do use go/no go pills to aid sleep patterns and alertness. They are authorised drugs and only given by medical personnel. Unauthorised drug use in most military organisations is illegal and would amount to a discharge if caught, as has occured here in Australia.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I'm Canadian too, I hold no grudges against the pilots, but theres is definitely something majorly wrong with the Americans command and control of their forces. Not to mention jacking up a person on speed, under stressful conditions, than put them behind the wheel of a killing machine just aint a good idea. But someone has to answer, I feel the wrong men were pointed out. I feel these pilots were scape gloated.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 08:29 AM
link   
i'm reminded of the italian cable car incident (where the USMC prowler pilot flew recklessly through a cable car cable and killed 20 people)... the pilot got sentenced for obstructing justice by refusing to hand over a video cable.. but acquitted on 20 charges of manslaughter! and that incident seemed worse than the present one, seeing as it wasn't under any wartime conditions.

news.bbc.co.uk...

-koji K.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
This is just a kick in the pant to the families and friends of the 4 who died. I'm not really mad right now just sad and disappointed, but tell me this. He killed 4 people, and all he has to do is pay $ 5,000.00.
Is this American Justice?

All this BS is really starting to wear on me so I'm taking a break from caring for the summer, it's just too depressing....

BTW Thanks for all the replies. It's good to know some people in the US thinks this guy and the guy(s) who gave him access to narcotics should be punished much more severely.

new topics

top topics

join