It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Eyed Kids- Did I just have an BEK experience?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Many/most of you seem to be proposing that these are normal kids up to no good. If so, their motivations should make sense to us, since presumably all of us were kids at one time, and/or have kids, or have interacted with or worked with today's kids. So...

1) Kids playing pranks to scare people. The kids I know, when they're going to play a scary prank, they try to act scary - not normal. And even when pranking, they don't become excessively polite or gain vocabulary/grammar skills that they don't normally have. If the BEKs are normal kids playing pranks, what behavior would we expect? Acting scary, being pushy, threatening, or acting deliberately "strange" in scary ways. Just think about it.. are the reported typical behaviors of BEKs really what you would expect from kids playing pranks or even acting on dares? And if the dare is to get an adult to let you in the house late at night, see #2.

2) They want to come inside to look for valuables or rob the place. And when they're asking for a ride in a car, maybe they're planning a carjacking. How, then, do the black contacts and creepy behavior make any sense? If you really want someone to let you in their house or car, you want to appear harmless and trustworthy. A 4-year-old could get that one right, let alone a teenager. Again, typical BEK behaviors are not what we would expect from kids actually trying to be let in in order to "case the joint" or for any other reason.

3) They intend immediate violence and/or harm. If so, why be polite and keep ASKING to be let in? Why not just push their way in before the "target" can shut the door? It's late at night, no one is around, and in Oz's case the streetlights and porch light are out. No one can see them, so why keep trying to get him to allow them in instead of starting the mayhem right then and there? Again, it doesn't make sense.

4) Kids on drugs. Are there 12 year olds on drugs? Sure, probably. But .. I don't know about you, but I can spot drugged behavior a mile away. Where I work now, many of our customers are on SSI or disability, and they take various recreational drugs. We can spot 'em in seconds, either they're "tweaking" or they have that dazed, dopey feel about them. So, why, then, has not one person reported "drugged" behavior in BEKs? They aren't tweaky or fidgety, they aren't dazed or having slurred speech. In fact they exhibit unusually clear and correct speech, use unusually polite or "adult" language, and don't exhibit any nervous or fidgety behaviors typical of kids or teenagers when dealing with a strange adult. That sound like "drugged" behavior to you? It doesn't to me.

And, as I said before, BEKs as young as (appearing to be) about 8 years old have been reported. I don't know, so you tell me... do we really have eight-year-olds out there taking drugs? Really?

It's easy to just pass these incidents off with generic, generalized statements about kids on drugs or kids playing pranks, or kids up to no good, but if you take a little time to really consider the facts, none of those ordinary, dismissive explanations make any kind of logical sense if BEKs are just "normal" human kids.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by hhott

Many/most of you seem to be proposing that these are normal kids up to no good. If so, their motivations should make sense to us, since presumably all of us were kids at one time, and/or have kids, or have interacted with or worked with today's kids.

So going by your logic, being an adult myself I should be able to understand the motivations of all other adults. Even those that may or may not be on drugs of some description?

I don't think so. Some times I have a hard time understanding my own motivations nevermind those of all others in the same age group as me. It's too general.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
2 possibilities here your either making this all up as part of some kind of experiment here to see how many you can influence, or this experience did happen. Now from what I recall from many of your posts you are a skeptic and you jump on people (with the help of others) who try to share their own paranormal experiences on this site. However, now that you have experienced something indeed strange, your opinion on such matters has changed (at least in this thread)

I wouldn't get ahead of myself here....OZ isn't spouting a hard and fast paranormal experience, he just listed what happened and what freaked him out, and is simply asking for possible answers. I don't think he is quite ready to join a Wiccan coven, a star wars battle re-anactment society, a Klingon language appreciation group or the like.

Funnily, I am very good mates with OZ and I don't see him as a card carrying skeptic as he keeps being described as in this thread. I believe he has a sence of curiosity about the unknown, but just doesn't throw himself into all the ridiculous stories that get fed on the boards with blind faith and abandon. He is just a good old aussie who likes to take the mickey a bit and researches ludicrous claims first.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Creepy story..

Thanks for posting. I'll definitely be keeping my 'eye' out for these kids

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Anthony1138

And what, if I may ask, is this miracle drug that makes the whole eye completely black?

Oh yes, but of course you know the answer because you know everything. Or so it says in your profile.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by hhott

i would be proposing that this has to be considered before i jump on the way out there explination because

1) i could not be sure that the kids i know are like any kids that i dont know.. strong drugs such as amphetamines can alter ones behavior considerably positively or negatively

2) drugs are expensive and seeing as how kids usually dont have income they tends to steal to get what they want and the pupil dilation cancels out the need to bring contacts into it . if they want to rob or case the place then they are not going to make it obvious but in trying to act innocent and polite with the drugs in their system and a allterior motive their behavior is going to be strange and suspicious

3) they go in with violent intentions but when the guy who answers the door is twice their size they go with plan b and try to gain his trust. wonder what would have happened if an elderly lady had answered the door?

4) there is a difference between smoking dope and taking amphetamines

i dont know what else to say except thanks for the good laugh your reply gave me

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
S&F Oz

Interesting to see one of ATS solid members have an experience like this.

One thing that I dont think ive seen many mention of is the fact they were using out of character language and accents, id believe Ozweatherman when he says it was strange simply because its the sort of thing a person would notice fairly quickly, its one of those basic instinct things each of us has. Personally that would have gotten my attention quick smart also... heck as a New Zealander even reading what Oz says they said sounds odd, given who and what i know about the Australian way of speaking, defiantly reeks of someone trying to be Australian, when they arent, any idea what race they where?

Must admit their dress sounded strange too, kinda uniform (as in to similar to each other). How many people actually (besides myself
) wear plain colored T's these days. I never wore anything like what my friends did, and i dont wear anything like what my brothers do, so to have two people with virtually identical clothing on minus the color scheme is definitely unusual. Gangs tend to have specific color schemes so it rules out a gang patch initiation rite, since id assume they'd both wear red or blue or at least have red or blue on them both, also gangs are stupid enough to beat the crud out of people who where other 'colors'.

I mean you can dismiss the eyes as drug related I guess, but given even people with brown eyes in poor lighting still look like they have regular sized iris's. Id take Oz's description of the entire eye being black more seriously (unless i missed something and by eye he means the iris?), its not something you can mistake, especially given he noticed the difference during the conversation which was abrupt which would mean their eyes were normal and not registering 'odd' to begin with... if it was drug related you'd think they would have over dilated pupils to begin with, which Oz would have noticed from the very start.

For one Ozweatherman Id chalk this one up as an 'unknown', kinda like the mystery nurse who saved my life as a baby in the hospital my mother swears was there that night but the regular staff the next day said wasn't any known employee any of them knew, that worked at the hospital... you'll always have the experience even if people scoff at you for sharing it.

Now given that... did you find any sign of a kitten, they could genuinely have been looking for one, and as a avid cat owner I would become rather hostile (from panic) if i knew my animal family member was in a persons back yard and they refused to let me at least check with them... that said I would have explained myself 100% better to avoid any issues (then again the youth these days are really really bad at communicating), and yes from personally experience I would be up at midnight still looking for them. That being said... the 'kitten' excuse DOES sound like the kind of story some one trying to get inside a persons house would use, Its steeped in all the right button pushing aspects to get some one to comply.

Neat experience all the same Oz and thanks for sharing.

Originally posted by RMFX1

If you have a light that you use primarily when you're opening the door to visitors when it's dark, the chances are that the bulb is going to blow when you're opening the door to someone in the dark. Just saying, it's not really all that bizarre.

I thought Oz mentioned that the street lights where also out... that makes it alot more 'odd' than just a porch light bulb blowing. Street lights going out are often taken care of pretty damn quickly by local councils due to safety issues.

edit on 3-10-2010 by BigfootNZ because: meh

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by RMFX1

Not what I said. I said their motivations should make sense to us, not that we understand them.

I don't understand the motivations of serial murderers, but their actions and motivations make sense and are predictable. If not, there wouldn't be profilers.

And in general, most kids' behavior is predictable and falls into general patterns, unless they have a mental illness. Mental illness doesn't seem to be the case here, as mentally ill kids wouldn't be able to display the consistent BEK pattern of behavior which has been reported all over the world.

And if you'd read my whole post, you'd see where I pointed out that BEKs don't display typical "drugged" behavior either. Besides which, y'all are really taking the drug thing beyond reasonable limits. Drugs make you feel good, or feel energized and restless, or feel dopey or sleepy, or in a few cases they make you see and hear things that aren't really there. Long-term abuse of a drug can lead to obsession, addiction, and predictable behavior changes such as turning to crime to get money for more drugs, but in the short term taking a drug doesn't change who you are or what you do, and in most cases, they don't make you do things that you wouldn't normally do.

These kids aren't aggressive, agitated, excited, hyper, dopey, or displaying any typical "drugged" behavior. Furthermore, as has been pointed out over and over again, no drug will make the WHOLE EYE black, only the iris.

So, here's the deal. I have explained my side and given specific reasons and examples. If you want to claim these are just kids on drugs, then state your case, including what drug could make kids calm and overly polite while giving them "adult" grammar skills.

Most drugs don't cause irrational and unpredictable behavior. And, even if they did, that couldn't explain the consistent PATTERN of behavior we see in BEK cases.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I think we all have a strong sense of danger, some just filter it out and brush it aside, others like Oz use it well, the scene was odd the situation was odd, everything was telling him to be wary and he obviously listened to his instincts.

I live in the UK and if two kids were out at 12pm I'd want to speak to their parents, prank or not. I personally have a strong intuition and just thinking about the story I get a chill, and I'm not the sort to be easily frightened but my sense is you were right not to let them in.

Makes you wonder whether these kids are hybrids of some sort?

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by hhott

these are the logical thoughts that run through my head as well. many people on this thread have tried to simply brush these cases off like, oh its just some drugged out kids trying to rob you. very weak argument IMO. i even broke it down drug by drug, and also possible motivations. all in all it just doesnt really make logical sense no matter how you look at it, which is why it's strange.

if anyone who insists that this is drug/robbery motivated, care to be a little more specific, or respond to this?

Originally posted by thedeadlyrhythm
however unlikely that a 12 year-old was going to rob someones house, if a kid was indeed planning on it, he would not stick in black contacts and freak the person out, thus defeating his entire purpose of checking out a place to rob it. it just doesnt make logical sense.

and as for drugs,
and i'll be extremely specific, because apparently i have to be
weed- doubtful, most kids would be giggly, and esp when high unable to keep up a real creepy act like that. i guess it's possible, but unlikely.
shrooms/acid/hallucinogens- very doubtful, lets just say pranking would be the last thing on anyones mind, kid or not, and theres no way someone is putting in contacts while under the effects. and no kid is going to sit around and trip while wearing black contacts.
coc aine- very very doubtful, the effects of this drug completely don't match up with any of the accounts.
heroin- again, kids doing heroin and putting in contacts and going pranking, very far-fetched.
ecstasy- doesnt really add up, doubtful.
meth- don't think so.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Most drugs don't cause irrational and unpredictable behavior. And, even if they did, that couldn't explain the consistent PATTERN of behavior we see in BEK cases.

That's the crucial point, the uniformity of the experiences.These are not just similar cases, they are identical.
This couldn't just be drugged burglars or pranksters, there would be far more variation, plus a few cases of them losing their nerve and running off, or succeeding in getting in and robbing the witness.
There is something paranormal about BEKs, but it doesn't seem very intelligent.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by M3T4LH34D
reply to post by hhott

1) i could not be sure that the kids i know are like any kids that i dont know.. strong drugs such as amphetamines can alter ones behavior considerably positively or negatively

2) drugs are expensive and seeing as how kids usually dont have income they tends to steal to get what they want and the pupil dilation cancels out the need to bring contacts into it . if they want to rob or case the place then they are not going to make it obvious but in trying to act innocent and polite with the drugs in their system and a allterior motive their behavior is going to be strange and suspicious

as has been stated a million times in this thread, the op and other stories of this nature do not talk about dilated pupils. no drug can make your pupil bigger than your iris. the sclera or "white" of the eye is still white.

the only thing that can make someones eye 100 percent black is a contact lens, which are fairly expensive especially for this type.

and none of the behaviors described in these stories are consistent with amphetamine use. not to mention amphetamine use isnt exactly common in 12 year olds. regardless, little kid meth heads robbing for money spending 200+ on black contact lenses only to freak out the people whos house they are casing is pretty out there.

im not proposing that the paranormal is the likely explanation, im just saying that this whole drug use/robbery motive doesnt really hold up to deductive reasoning.

edit on 3-10-2010 by thedeadlyrhythm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Did you ask their names? I have a sneaky suspicion that at least one of them was named malaki and liked thinkgs particularly made out of corn.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by thedeadlyrhythm

this being drug/robbery related is a weak argument against what? the supernatural argument?

lol

Bigfoot how many of these stories are there? of course your gonna get situations that are the same and you are gonna get ones that end in complete disaster for everyone involved. then you just want to see the normal little punks prosecuted to the full extent of the law

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by M3T4LH34D

this being drug/robbery related is a weak argument against what? the supernatural argument?

lol

Bigfoot how many of these stories are there? of course your gonna get situations that are the same and you are gonna get ones that end in complete disaster for everyone involved. then you just want to see the normal little punks prosecuted to the full extent of the law

a weak argument in general. an argument doesnt have to be 'against' something to be a weak argument.

id say its far more likely that sober kids with too much time on their hands are pranksters. but thats not the point. like hhott said, if you want to keep pushing this drug induced explanation, why dont you back it up a little? what drug do you think these 12 year olds are on? there is no logic to it. it doesnt follow.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

I had not even heard of BEKs until today. I just did some searching around the interplace, and it sounds, from every description I've read, exactly like a BEK experience.

SO, you actually had a BEK experience, to you read a little info on the web and made it up... either way, thanks for bringing the subject to my attention!
I would very much like to encounter a BEK.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SL55T0T0
How is this ABOVEtopsecret material mate?
Try BELOWtopsecret next time...

How about you go and read the description for the skunk works forum?

I posted it here because I have no concrete evidence that this occured, and judging by past accounts of BEK's, it does belong on ATS

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Hi there Oz.

Thought id get intouch after reading your story. Ive read some BEK storys. All quite creepy. All with a familiar pattern.

Anyway, if I found myself in that position id probably over-think the situation.
Weird accents? Maybe English immigrants, and been young teens, they may have that drinking culture.
Hence the random ''can we get our cat'' story.

But, that exact story brings to mind another thing that I know about. Its a similar Scam that some burgulars use to get into a house. Using a cat. They either make the cat meow or make 'meowing' sounds to entice a tenant out of their home to investigate the sound, and when their out of their 'castle' they pounce.

But BEK related, ive read some where they appear everyday for a week or just stand outside your house for hours, staring.

Some say they want to just come in for no reason, others say their lost.

Its a crazy topic, but if they do show up again, try asking more questions.
Ask them where they live for starters and if they say their local, try and ask them another question that only a local would know.
Try and catch them out by asking if they go to a near-by school /college, make up the name.
If they say yes, you know their liers and not to be trusted.

Keep a torch near your front door, and make sure if you answer it late at night you have a chain on it too.

Personally, I wouldnt answer the door at that time of night.

eee.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

so you dont have an opinion about what BEKs are? you say that my way of thinking is weak (or the argument i am putting forward) and that we are just supposed to be happy with the fact that it is an unexplained mystery

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anthony1138

Just because you get scared doesn't mean ghosts or aliens are out to get you, you just got scared and you are paranoid, why else would you post your story on here?

As other people have mentioned before, I have a reputation of being skeptical on most topics posted on ATS. I have even criticised other peoples personal experiences in the past, if they have notable holes or indiscretions

Obviously you have no idea who I am, and you havent checked my thread or post history. So for you to come on and lable me paranoid, without knowing exactly who I am, is simply ludicrous

edit on 3/10/2010 by OzWeatherman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join