It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Guantanamo Guidebook

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

The Guantanamo Guidebook

Have you ever asked yourself, what exactly did they do at guantanamo? How about a experiment recorded that shows what they did (or at least what could be shown on tv)? I think this should be required viewing for all Americans, and anyone who condones 'interrogation tactics' used by the army in guantanamo and detention centers like it.

Warning the videos you are about to see is NSFW (Not Suitable For Work) and there is some nudity.

Google Video Link

video.google.co.uk...#

A couple questions:
1. Have you seen this documentary before?
2. Do you feel the interrogation techniques are justifiable?
3. Do you think this type of detention facility would lead to good intel?

I feel very saddened by this
I know there is more to the story than this experiment, but the use of these techniques in order to defend democracy .... wow.

I know, even this situation, is not black and white, and I don't blame everyone working in that place, that would be using very broad strokes but those who were involved in torturing another person should be held responsible for there actions. A quote from someone who apparently worked there said, during the time he was there, needs were met, no-one was tortured and people were not sent back to there countries because they would be executed.

As I said its not black and white, or highly unlikely to be black and white. There are, (I feel,) guilty parties among some detainees in committing terrorism or co-operating with terrorists, and soldiers who tortured people, physically or psychologically (which lead some detainees to commit suicide) .. both fall under the same category in my view.

These men should have been tried under the law, and evidence gathered, but then how do we get intelligence? well the techniques that were used would have unlikely to lead to reliable testimonies.
en.wikipedia.org...

On one hand, confessions obtained under torture have often been considered as not objective enough, since the use of such means may lead to the suspect in confessing anything. On the other hand, even without torture, various cases of avered false confessions demonstrate that, in itself, one man's confession is not a sufficient proof. False memory (including memory biases, etc.) or privileges granted under plea bargaining might lead to such false confessions.

en.wikipedia.org...(law)

Evidence, reasons for them being were they were, other witness testimonies if possible, documentary evidence (such as passports, or other documentation), psychological analysis, among other acceptable tools should be and have been used.

Are there other places being run like this? I don't know, have not checked it out yet, if anyone does please let me know.

I'd like to end by saying, in these situations, it is tough to decide what to do, but upholding freedom, human rights, democracy and responsible use of the law, should always be on the top of the list and no one said that would be easy. I don't have the answers, but striving to be better is what will stop us from turning into that which we fear.

Peace and Good Luck.

edit on 2-10-2010 by GoodLuckCharm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
video's down.
i was ready, there should be point reductions for this.
i'll try again in a few.

hey, there it goes.

edit on 2-10-2010 by rubbertramp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

That was an extremely fast reply, 3 minutes from the post times.
Watch the video, and wait a little while, it should be working now.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodLuckCharm

hey, sometimes my timing is on.
doesn't take long to click a button.
thanx for the vid,

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Cool video, sad situation. It is pretty alarming when we take a step back and look at ourselves, look at what we have become since 9/11. What's even more crazy, is that many Americans will chastize Germany for allowing the Nazis to do what they did and wonder how that could have happened. The answer is that it happened just as it is happening with us, though the only difference is that we should know better because it just happened a half century ago.

Just think, GITMO is the model, as I'm sure that it is the tip of the ice-berg with more secret prisons elsewehere. Look at what we are allowing our government to do in our names. Shame on us. Not only is this bad because we are depriving people due process of law, but we are also opening our own soldiers up to torture. This is not even mentioning the fact that the whole world is starting to hate us, just as they hated the Nazis.

Just after 9/11, we had the whole world behind us and then shortly thereafter, we lost that support, as our actions and response was horrendous. Even if Islamic terrorists acted alone in committing in 9/11, then the greates danger the inflicted on us, was creating a monster. If they did it, thet surely won, as not only did they succeed at taking our freedoms away, but they also hurt our image across the planet.

Now, I'm under no illusion that Islamic terrorists acted alone in 9/11, I was only try to say that either way you look at it, we lost due to our actions after the fact.

What a shame. We are supposed to be the beacon of justice for the world and lead by example. That's what makes us better than them.

--airspoon

top topics

join