It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truth about China

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Hawkisss~

Thank you man, I've been saying that stuff for a while now but you really laid it all out.

China is the next superpower, barring any major change in global politics, and some Americans are slow to pick up on that. Just follow the money guys...

I think China's greatest weapon of all it her economy though. Forget the J-10, J-12 and their ships, China's best weapons are their bonds and growth. Currently China and Canada are working together to make their bonds translate into more sway in America, which could become important in the comming years.

Well Blessed Be all

May Peace Travel With You
~Astral

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Check out the latest Newsweek. It shows just how strong China is getting economically.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Hawksss-- I would always be the first to the line to say that China deserves respect in many ways, but this is the truth as I see it.

A conflict between U.S.A and China would be the most devastating world tragedy ever known. Wars like the one in Iraq are very coordinated and are limited to what is viewed as moral, decent and respectable fighting. I don't know if conflict would be a win for either side, but I do know that in an all out war with no holds barred, the U.S. is one scary war machine. If you compare current technologies the field is narrowed slightly, but we should all know that real wars are won on new technology and any major war faught in the future would unleash some of the most destructive man made elements ever dreamed up. Yes, look at our debt and consider what kind of terrible things could be made with that kind of money. Pick up a magazine on american "new" technologies and then also consider what the U.S. has built as last case scenario weapons. If there is a WW3, it wont be one with current weapons.
By the way, I am completly against war between our countries. I dont know it there would be much left that anyone would want on either side.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   
actually sweatmonica you can win a war with air power and sea power they will have bombs cruise missiles bunkerbusters and moabs raining down on them evry day and we beat japan with air and naval powers we can beat china.

[edit on 24-6-2004 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Well I'm glad not everyone agrees with Westpoint around here.

Hey Westpoint, you got any reactions to my last post?

What if...

... what if there was a total war, WWII style - again I hope this never happens. But say it did.

Would the US be able to muster all the production capacity necessary to win it? With industries de-localizing and outsourcing, would that be possible?

What I am thinking about, you see, sitting here in Shanghai is that I see all these American and European companies setting up shop here in China. Ten years ago they were building cheap radios. Now we're talking microchips, they are delocalizing a lot of companies from the west and other places (even places like Hsinchu, Taiwan which is slowly losing in popularity due to rising labor costs) to go to China for cheap labor. And they are producing more and more high-tech vital stuff.

I have no doubt that the US maintains a certain number of key industries (vital industries) on the US homeland. Nevertheless, more and more is being produced in other countries, simply because the corporate oligarchs are after profits ... not national security.

Your thoughts on this Sweatmonica?
Is corporate-led globalization building economic interdependance and hence promoting peace? Or is it just accelerating the competition for scarce resources and provoking war?

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 04:52 AM
link   
[

[edit on 25-6-2004 by DarkSide]

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by pATTONME
it is a fact that now the American military is stronger then every single country on earth combined. we spend more on it because obviously we have more enemies.

You really believe that don't you? hahahahah

you think you can destroy the whole worlds army because you have F-18's and F-22's...lol

your having a hard time with iraki rebels with outdated weapons from the soviet era and you think you can stand up against the world?

[edit on 25-6-2004 by DarkSide]

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Wow you sent a man into space we did that 40 years ago.
Wow you have the J-10 we made the F-16 25 years ago.
Wow you have a small debt but if the US doesn't by all your toys that china makes u also go broke

Wow you have Su-30 and Su-27 these are russian because Chinese cant build anything why doesn't china try to build a car first then wrry about jets all you are good at is making toys for Mc Donalds

and china cant even feed it ppl cant control the population more than half of it ppl are farmers who are very poor.
And Chinese tech is at leas a decade or tow behind US tech.

some very ignorant statements

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by pATTONME
it is a fact that now the American military is stronger then every single country on earth combined. we spend more on it because obviously we have more enemies.

You really believe that don't you? hahahahah

you think you can destroy the whole worlds army because you have F-18's and F-22's...lol

your having a hard time with iraki rebels with outdated weapons from the soviet era and you think you can stand up against the world?

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Just a question that somebody might know the answer to. Wasn't the Chinese official policy that war was inevitable and that someday China would defeat the U.S.; that the U.S. was a "paper tiger"?

Regardless of the answer to the above, China should be respected and watched very carefully by the U.S. I do not doubt the spirit of the American people to rise to any occasion - history bears this out. But war with a country like China should, obviously, be avoided (but not "at any cost" as somebody posted).

The whole notion of the Cold War being over, that we can now relax, is dangerous. China is both a threat and a prospective ally. I believe China has an eye on the middle east oil and will align itself with countries like Iran and Syria. Watch events closely. China will not allow the U.S. to unduly control the middle east (just like the U.S. would not allow, hypothetically, China to take over Kuwait). We should allow China a greater stake in the middle east rather than watch her become allies with countries we would rather not be given nuclear reactor information.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blarney
Just a question that somebody might know the answer to. Wasn't the Chinese official policy that war was inevitable and that someday China would defeat the U.S.; that the U.S. was a "paper tiger"?

Regardless of the answer to the above, China should be respected and watched very carefully by the U.S. I do not doubt the spirit of the American people to rise to any occasion - history bears this out. But war with a country like China should, obviously, be avoided (but not "at any cost" as somebody posted).

The whole notion of the Cold War being over, that we can now relax, is dangerous. China is both a threat and a prospective ally. I believe China has an eye on the middle east oil and will align itself with countries like Iran and Syria. Watch events closely. China will not allow the U.S. to unduly control the middle east (just like the U.S. would not allow, hypothetically, China to take over Kuwait). We should allow China a greater stake in the middle east rather than watch her become allies with countries we would rather not be given nuclear reactor information.

you believe there could be a war over oil? yeah it makes sense

with the standart of living getting better in china poeple will be needing more and more oil and they don't want the US to grab everything

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Analyst
Your thoughts on this Sweatmonica?
Is corporate-led globalization building economic interdependance and hence promoting peace? Or is it just accelerating the competition for scarce resources and provoking war?

To me, this is something you have to look at realistically and philosophically. Philosophy states that people naturally compete because they want more of everything that makes them happy. Realistically, it's saying nations will hold back if needed, just to take the path of least resistance.

To answer the question, corporate-led globalization is provoking war. It's interesting because history has shown that wars have never been started for peace a freedom and all that good stuff, but to get something. Examples, Germany invaded Poland to take over Europe. The Roman Empire's conquests have been to dominate the world. The Crusades were begun by the Christians to take the Holy Land. Iraq invaded Kuwait for oil. Britain used force in America to keep it for itself.

As a result, this lust for wealth is what drives nations to go to war and is actually the most primitive aspiration for going to war. This is where the whole "corporate conspiracy" comes from. A nation's survival is all about how wealthy it is, what it has. Because money controls a nation, it is, in effect, the corporations of these industrialized nations that have the real power.

So that's my answer, corporations are provoking war, because a nation's survival depends on the money it has. So the corporates control the country and they will do what it takes to get rich.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   
popeye0314,

Nobody is doubting the American war machine. There is a reason why we are the world's only superpower.

What we are questioning is America's ability to emerge victorious in the midst of what will undoubtedly be a war of attrition. America has shown it cannot win in this kind of situation.

But then again, your point is America will take extreme measures and annihilate the Chinese. I doubt it will happen, since America is so politically-minded these days.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I think that we should have a couple of large scale war games. This should settle things. By the way is it just me or does everybody outside the US hate us or something.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
darkside we are trying to rebuild iraq if we were there to get the terrorists there would be like one building standing also my ignorant statements are all true and all the people outside the us are haters and they are jealous also all the us military companies are in the US

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   

darkside we are trying to rebuild iraq if we were there to get the terrorists there would be like one building standing also my ignorant statements are all true and all the people outside the us are haters and they are jealous also all the us military companies are in the US

Jealous? Jealous of the world's most overweight and unfit people? What have they got to be jealous about?

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I think most of the world (90%)including the majority of chinese really liked the US up until last year (we all know what happened then). I think if the US is willing to admit its recent mistakes, everyone will like it again. Let's face it, we all love Hollywood movies.

From China's perspective, our fundamental philosophy is in fact peaceful coexistance with the US and the rest of the world. And we know it is quite a fatal mistake to go to war at this crucial crossroad of our history; we have worked so hard for the last 20 years to be where we are and have every incentive to avoid war.

Then again, Taiwan is a different story because we do see it as a part of homeland. Hopefully, Mr. Chen will be rational enough to never declare "independence". As long as he refrains from going towards that direction, china is quite happy with status quo.:

lol:

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   
sweatmonica im not fat so i dont care also at least im am not working in a sweatshop by the way the sweat shops make good shoes for me to wear

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Like I've said before, China attacking Taiwan would be like a dog fighting a porcupine. The dog will win the fight. The porcupine will die, but the dog is going to be really unhappy, in a lot of pain, and won't be up to it if he has to fight another dog soon after.

That being said, I think both the US and China know better than to come to blows. It would benefit no one at all and we all realize this. I think that within 50 years there will be little difference between the two political systems. China will become more capitalist (hello Hong Kong) as it will have to in order to take full advantage of the technical, economical, and (hopefully) social advances it is making now. Incentive is a wonderful thing.

China will keep it's thumb on N. Korea as it has every reason to do so. The US will handle the Islamic Terrorists. China can't be looking forward to Islam coming there way in great numbers can they? I think the deal has probably already been struck through the private back channels that you know must exist.

I've asked this before but am I the only one who sees significance in the fact that we invaded and have soldiers deployed in a country (Afganistan) that shares a direct land border with mainland China and they didn't bat an eye? Since WWII, when have Chinese and US forces stared across a border at each other without being ready to shoot at each other? Yeah, its a small border way up in the mountains but it's still China, folks. Haven't they always been really touchy about their borders in the past?

I'd enjoy hearing the Chinese opinion on this.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   

sweatmonica im not fat so i dont care also at least im am not working in a sweatshop by the way the sweat shops make good shoes for me to wear

You're not fat? Good. Always pays to be healthy.

I seem to be missing something here. What do sweatshops have to do with anything?

[edit on 25-6-2004 by sweatmonicaIdo]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join