It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truth about China

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I didn't even know Afghanistan bordered china kool that way we don't need the border our goal is not to invade china just bomb the living crap out of it

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Nobody can deny that China has been a great country of a long history. And it is catching up fast now. I would recommend that the best way to apease the world is to show that China is seeking for peace, instead of trying to impress people with military strength. I have been told that Chinese are very modest. Am I wrong?

In military, China is no match to USA, at least, not yet.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
I encourage all Americans to underestimate China!

That way, in case we go to war with China, we can send those who are that confident and high on morale into combat first!

FreeMason and WestPoint, we're looking at you.

Funny how lack of knowledge and the like about potential adversaries can actually help us in times of need. It gives us more meat for the grinder!

"China will lose 600 billion instantly?" You wish, FreeMason.

I wish what?

USA's only mark you...ONLY response to China for ANY act of aggression is Nuclear.

And America isn't going to be as linient with China in its Nuclear policy as it was with the Soviet Union.

You see the Soviets had so many hardened ICBMs we needed to concentrate only on that, sparing the civilian population.

China has 30 Strategic weapons.

America's response would be to hit those, to hit the military, and to hit the civilian population in a massive retaliation.

That would instantly kill 600 million.

I wish?

No you're just stupid.

As for Hawkssss, I don't think you meant to step on toes but your obvious patriotism enrages other patriotic people, just how it's gonna work.

The truth of the matter has always been that the battlefield is the final verdict, doesn't matter how much training you have or experience. America has both good for it. China may have good training, but doesn't have any experience.

And Russia before WW2 lost its best officers to Stalin's purges, 75% of its new officers had not even completed their training by the time the Germans invaded.

Hitler thought it would be a several month long campaign, and indeed had he invaded when he wanted to (was thrown off schedule by Serbian uprisings) he would have conquered Russia.

But we can see that the battle did not go to the Germans.

So your facts our fine, it just needs to be stated that the reality is not really determinable.

One fact however was unmentioned and that was America's response to any Chinese agressions.

A response that that bimbo sweatmonica seemed to not pay attention to when I mentioned that China would lose 600 million instantly.

*Pauses*

I give sweatmonica a second chance, perhaps she was not saying I was wrong but pointing out the fact I spelt "billion" instead of million.

I meant million

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   
also the Chinese their army might be large but I don't know how much organization they will have if they faced well trained and a well organized military also like freemason said they have not had experience

[edit on 26-6-2004 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   
All this talk about a war between the US and China got me wondering what Russia would due in such a conflict. Would they side with either country of just sit back and mop up the pieces of both countries? In any war between these two countries you would have to factor in other countries be they allies or just waiting for a right chance to make what ever move is there best intrest

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 03:54 AM
link   
if the us hits china hard enough it will be felt in Russia since they share a border also 1.5 billion refuges going to flee for Russia that's a lot of ppl hope the Russians have extra bedrooms

E_T

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by fuelcell
I would recommend that the best way to apease the world is to show that China is seeking for peace, instead of trying to impress people with military strength.

And stop occupying Tibet and threatening Taiwan.
This peace of China's government stinks like Stalin's "peace".

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason
No you're just stupid.

A response that that bimbo sweatmonica seemed to not pay attention to when I mentioned that China would lose 600 million instantly.

*Pauses*

I give sweatmonica a second chance, perhaps she was not saying I was wrong but pointing out the fact I spelt "billion" instead of million.

I meant million

Stupid? Bimbo? Damn, I must've touched a nerve there. I'd better watch out!

Hey, no need for second chances, I was only commending you for your extremely high confidence. America needs cannon fodder of high morale so we can be more conservative with how we use our military forces!

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
All this talk about a war between the US and China got me wondering what Russia would due in such a conflict. Would they side with either country of just sit back and mop up the pieces of both countries? In any war between these two countries you would have to factor in other countries be they allies or just waiting for a right chance to make what ever move is there best intrest

There would be no survivor in the world if there were a real war between China and USA. The participants would be destroyed, so would be the rest of the world. Nobody, including Russia, could get any benefit from such a war. Only mutual and global destruction!

Peace, peace, and peace.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by E_T

Originally posted by fuelcell
I would recommend that the best way to apease the world is to show that China is seeking for peace, instead of trying to impress people with military strength.

And stop occupying Tibet and threatening Taiwan.
This peace of China's government stinks like Stalin's "peace".

I don't get you. You mean you want to see the Chinese seek for war instead of peace? Right now the yankees are asking China to help keep peace in the North Korean area, right? If China was to seek for war, I don't think that we have any chances to read and write anything here.

I wonder if you know the history of Tibet and Taiwan. Even Daila Lama proposes Tibet a part of China. Even General Chiang Khaishi demonstrated that Taiwan is a part of China, which is also acknowledged by over 180 countries in the world, including USA and Britain.

However, I think that the Taiwan issue should be resolved peacefully.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
also the Chinese their army might be large but I don't know how much organization they will have if they faced well trained and a well organized military also like freemason said they have not had experience

[edit on 26-6-2004 by WestPoint23]

I am not as optimistic as you in this issue. You might know that the Dragon, in fact, defeated the UN forces led by USA in the North Korea War. China also participated in the Vienanmise War where USA was defeated.

everybody in my company say that China is the big competitor. They are becoming stronger and stronger. In my former university, at least a third of the fellowship/assistantship went to graduates from China. It was really hard to compete with those Chinese guys. Anyway, I have respect for them.

Let's yell for peace. I can't imagine the consequences of any war. After all, China is not Iraq.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Amen to that......Only reason China is not the Global Power Broker is Our Nuke Capabilites they FAR out man us

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Hopefully there will never be war between us and China. But it seems there are alot of my fellow Americans on here that have no faith in our fighting spirit, they must not have family or friends, or must be unhappy with their current quality of life here and somehow want to see the fall of their own country. As for me and hopefully most of the other fighting aged men and women of this country, if my family, friends, and country are threatened (for real, not because our president is holding a grudge, i.e. Iraq) then I will be first in line to defend it and will take no prisoners. And someone stated the Chinese are used to famine and death, and that Americans dont have the stomach for it, thats BS, we have one of the most violent societies barring third world countries, and most of us are armed. China may have nuclear capability, but nowhere near the amount of ours, and you can probably bet we already have a missile defense system that the public isnt even aware of. But the chances of any war between any two major industrial nations are slim, they are all now controlled by money, and nobody makes money in a nuclear wasteland, Chinese or American. On another note, hopefully everybody out there from other countries will maybe understand we are not all backers of Bush, the polls are wrong and taken in a biased manner, nobody I know personally supports Bush, but it seems we are all hated, as if we had any say in the whole Iraq war, the current administration was able to fool a handfull of politicians into a war based on a non-existent threat, then create a worldwide hatred for us, the citizens of America, so that we will feel threatened by the entire world, thus they will be able to further build our military and WMDs and few people will oppose because we will feel its us against the world. Thats why there have been all of these threads pitting the US against various different countries. All of us, and all of the people from other countries who hate us are playing right into GWBs hands. It sounds lofty, but hopefully all people will one day evolve with enough intelligence not to buy into their respective governments propaganda and realize we all just want to survive and it would be alot easier if civilized people worked together and didnt engage in these "my dad can beat up your dad" discussions and realize nobody wins when people die.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I too do not believe war between the US and China is inevitable, but I am pissed off that following the 9/11 hijackings American-Arabs were mad because they said they were being spit at and jeered and that Americans were stereotyping Arabs. Then these foreigners, not only Middle-Easterners but people from other countries began to say all Americans are rich selfish fat slobs which I know from living here that couldn't be any more stereotypical or further from the truth. We have only been a country for 200 years and we have built the strongest military, some of the greatest structures, and discovered many new things. Foreigners say we're lazy but I say we're aren't lazy we're just finished. But on a more serious note I have seen Americans and many other Chinese, Arabs, etc. do great things. I say this having been to multiple countries and witnessing each societies potential. But I ask, if so many think our country is so morally corrupted then why do so many want to live here and why do the people that already live here not want to leave.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
jd27,

You don't understand people, that's all. Just because someone says another country can kick their own country's ass does not mean we want our country to fall. I say China can kick our ass, but do I want it to happen? No. It's just something that is likely and there is absolutely nothing wrong about assessing an adversary's capabilites. In fact, the fact many of us Americans would discuss China's ability to fight the U.S. shows our concern and that we care for our nation's survival.

What I find is that many of us Americans have sort of a God-complex. If American soldiers are killed en masse, then the first thing people say is "No way, how does that happen, we're Americans!" That was even the first reaction of the Army Rangers when the two Night Hawks went down in Mogadishu in 1993. As if we are invincible and we must always emerge unscathed.

So there's your "We have the stomach for it" 101. A society with a God-complex cannot have the stomach for ultra-violence and death and carnage, because we think in our own minds it cannot happen. How can we have a stomach for something we believe can never happen to us? Why do you think many people were shocked by 9/11? Because they thought it could never happen to us.

Let's face it, even if America does have the stomach for it, China has more of a stomach anyway. They have been fighting wars longer than we have.

Let me say that there are things about America I don't like, mostly the people. There are many others who agree with me. But guess what? I love this country. America lets me do whatever I want, be whatever I want, talk as much smack as I want, let's me have anything I want. America is in a class on it's own. And as much respect as I have for China, if we went to war, I will fight until my head gets blown off. I say China can kick our asses, but fine, I will take one million of their people away.

So maybe you should learn to understand who these people are before you judge them (who are we to judge anyone anyway). Not all of us buy into all the politics (since when was this about politics anyway), we simply state what's what and accept that reality is reality. And yes, we may not say good things, but guess what? If the country was perfect, we wouldn't need ATS! We discuss the negatives because we care, not because we want the country to fall. I don't want it to fall. But if stuff happens, I might as well accept the fact. You don't have to give America lip-service to be patriotic.

[edit on 26-6-2004 by sweatmonicaIdo]

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   
pATTONMe,

Well, America is pretty much the fattest country in the world. And yes, many people are rich fat slobs. But yes, it is a stereotype. Not everyone is a rich fat slob.

I really don't understand your "America - love it or leave it" rhetoric. Since when does saying something negative about the country mean you should leave? And since when does saying something negative about America instantly means you don't like it and should leave? I really don't get that at all.

So for example, I don't like Harry Potter. But my sister does. So that means I hate her, right?

There is not perfect country. That doesn't mean we should ignore it's quirks.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Hi guys,

I have to say that I didn't mean to open this thread for it to turn into yet another "China Vs. USA" thread. I simply wanted to state some facts and let people know that China is not that backward militarily, politically, ideologically, economically, although we do have a lot of catching up to do.

Again some facts
1) China is not a democracy, but it is not a malignant dictatorship that sets out to oppress her people and bully over all its neighbors. The government made some mistakes in 1989, but since we have made great strides. I would say it is a benevolent dictatorship which is the right ideological and politcal entity for the current state of economical development. I am pretty positive that one day we will seek something similar to western democracy, but it will never be the same as yours. After all, we have never had this sort of system and our system is always concensus based: it is about the whole group, unlike yours which is about the individual. Keep in mind, the west has experimented with the concept of democracy for thousands of years since ancient Greece and ours is based on the Confucian system.

2) WE DO NOT WANT WAR WITH THE US. We, neither do you, can't afford a major war with you now for many obvious reasons. Whether or not we can kick each other's behind is entirely an theoretical exercise because it will never happen on such a scale.

Cheers.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   
BTW, for all the "war-loving" people, you should watch Fahrenheit 9/11. Nothing in the movie is new, but the message is powerful.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Pretty cool facts Hawksssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Sorry but I havent read any of the replies to this post but Im assuming its China vs U.S.A .

Well take a doozy at this article. This is what is great about my country.

The United States of America!!!

popularmechanics.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Hey Hawksss, I gave up reading this thread about a page and a half ago so I don't even know if this has been said or not, but as an American I want to welcome you to ATS, and your points are wll taken. I hope for peace and prosperity between our two countries, and seeing you post here (on a board started in England actually) is a wonderful thing.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join