It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this "Disclosure" All About?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I read the threads here and hear a great deal about "disclosure", now, I think there is a very high probability that life exists outside our world in some form. Given the scale of the universe I wouldn't even be particularly surprised of extra-terrestrial life with technology similar or greater to our own, whether that means there are aliens which can make contact with our planet, well perhaps. What I don't understand is the immediate assumption that there is some sort of government cover-up and that the secret of aliens is slowly being let out to the public's diminutive and simple brains? Isn't it much more likely that there has simply been a renewed interest in alien life as human knowledge expands and people become become more concerned in how to deal with the possibility of contact given that the human race is actively searching for extra terrestrials? Given this doesn't it make sense that governments and religious agencies would be wise to discuss and crate provisions in the chance that we do contact alien life?

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Tetrarch42

Tetrarch42.....

What is this "Disclosure" All About?

I don't know.

Have you seen any threads about it around here?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I have, they point to different groups with some interest in extra-terrestrial life and then anecdotal stories and non-evidence about stuff like alien ships hovering over missile silos and disabling them which have been around years and years, hardly compelling proof of any concerted government cover-up.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Tetrarch42

There was a decent thread explaining disclosure just the other day actually: Disclosure - The Facts. Here is an quote:

Originally posted by Damezthe2nd

What is Disclosure

Disclosure, Pertaining to extra terrestrial life, As talked about on this website is, The acknowledgement by the governments of the world that extra terrestrial life exists, and the full extent of our relations with, And our knowledge of said extra terrestrial life.

Types of Disclosure

I believe there is a limited number of general possibilities as to the types of Disclosure that may or may not happen.
Scenario 1, There is a controversial press conference held one day by some government agency, In which we are told that we have been communicating with Et's this entire time, We have been with-holding technology and that there were direct efforts made to slow the release of information relating to Extra terrestrial life.
Scenario 2, Is much like scenario 1, With the exception that we will be told that the information released about the extra terrestrial life is new evidence and that we are being kept in the loop at all times.
Scenario 3, is perhaps the most believable one for skeptics, and this is that we will recieve a slow trickle of information about Extra terrestrial life, and tv and media outlets will become saturated with it, To the point that it becomes the norm, And the final admission that extra terrestrial life is infact a reality wont be such a harsh blow for the public.

What I don't understand is the immediate assumption that there is some sort of government cover-up and that the secret of aliens is slowly being let out to the public's diminutive and simple brains? Isn't it much more likely that there has simply been a renewed interest in alien life as human knowledge expands and people become become more concerned in how to deal with the possibility of contact given that the human race is actively searching for extra terrestrials? Given this doesn't it make sense that governments and religious agencies would be wise to discuss and crate provisions in the chance that we do contact alien life?
Lets address each of these points I have bolded.

1) It isn't an immediate assumption for any ufologist who has researched the topic and concluded there is an Alien presence on Earth. "Disclosure" is a term used to by ufologists mainly to describe a "releasing" of knowledge to the public on something kept secret. It wouldn't really be disclosure if we happened to discover another planet with life or something like that.

2) Well, that's really what disclosure means in this case, allowing the public to know something which has been "kept secret". People believe we are being visited, and some also believe that the Government is suppressing that truth.

3) The only reason interest in this subject is presently rising is because of recent coverage of the topic by mainstream media, in a way that doesn't downplay and marginalize the seriousness and probability of an Alien presence, and the "evidence" supporting that hypothesis. Again, the argument isn't really whether life exists "out there", nearly everyone agrees that's highly likely, the argument is whether we are already being visited.

4) Yes, that would be wise, and I agree. However, the timing of all these recent events and the new found need to plan for something we can't be sure exists is coincidental. It's obviously not any sort of admission, but it indicates that possibly they are preparing for disclosure.

IMO, they would never intentionally allow disclosure to happen unless they were forced to, and they don't want to look like the bad guys so before that can happen, they need to shift our mentality, and act as if this was some huge "new" discovery. Or on the other hand, they could be intentionally allowing disclosure for reasons we are yet to discover, many people believe they are leading up to a false flag event (i.e. an Alien abduction), but I'm not too sure about that.

edit on 2/10/10 by CHA0S because: (no reason given)

top topics

join