It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-piracy lawyers caught pirating each other's work

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Anti-piracy lawyers caught pirating each other's work

www.myce.com

Apparently the file sharing settlement letters and follow-up response templates used by ACS:Law were blatantly copied from an individual who was trying to be helpful with getting the firm’s correspondence methods started.

Andrew Crossly claims that the firm contacted him for help, which he provided, but instead of just using his templates as a guide, ACS:Law began to use them as their own without consent.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
But it's okay when they do it.

I don't condone copyright infringement, but I do expect those who seek to legally enforce copyright laws to practice what they preach. They should be held to the same standards as the rest of us and penalized when caught breaking the law.

Hopefully, the gentleman (Davenport Lyons) whose work was originally copied will receive some sort of compensation. Personally, I'd sue them for every penny I could get out of them.

-TheAssoc.

www.myce.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 1-10-2010 by TheAssociate because: Clarification.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I just love the hypocrisy.. ideals are great in theory but look what happens when reality gets involved...

-B.M

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

there have been numerous examples of the one rule for them, one rule for everyone else scenario, so i highly doubt anything will come of it. there is a simple rule, authority/corporation/famous/church/military/police = law is applied only when it suits or applied to its minimum, small business/middle class/working man/poor = who the law is applied to at all times and who are made an example of.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Lmfao... Shows who the real pirates are...

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I dont believe in any form of copyright except the natural one that belongs to the person making the work, so if its altered it is provable, but no ownership, for FAIR USE, which is anything non commercial. Ie. I don't believe in burning off a hundred dvds of someone's work and selling them.

I don't believe in any patents.

I don't believe in any bankers, money, realtors, ownership of resources and land by the few. Slavery.

Freedom baby, and complete transparent substantive equality.

Everything else is a crime against humanity.

Edit to add: or politicians. Just local and regional counsels with every single adult taking turns, half women and half men. Short shifts too.

edit on 1-10-2010 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

I Vant to Steeeeel yourr Work !

i297.photobucket.com...

edit on 1-10-2010 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Andrew Crossley and ACS: Law are criminals and frauds.

Criminals and frauds do bad things.

This is one 'bad' thing.

They've done many.

new topics

top topics

join