It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXPLODING SCHOOL CHILDREN : Global Warming Propaganda Campaign Backfires

page: 20
<< 17  18  19   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Pentothal

I don't see what the problem is. It's a satire on lazy people who don't want to do there bit for the environment. Regardless of whether you believe Global Warming exists or not, We are suffering climate change, whether it's manmade or natural is irrelevant, it's happening. Hiding behind excuses that your government is making you do things in order to further their evil ways is to be honest very silly, governments, especially the British Government, usually don't have enough brains to pull off something like that.
Looking after where you live makes sense, throwing things away, when they can be recycled or reused is frankly moronic. Dumping waste where your children play is ludicrous. Riding to work on a push bike instead of driving is not only cheaper, but also good for your fitness and means you don't spend hours stuck in traffic cursing the driver in front of you. The people who get blown up in this are caricatures of Idolent slobs, the type of people who invented and perpetuate the throw away society. Lazy people don't like being exposed for their Idolence and will make excuse after pitiful excuse not to do anything they don't agree with or can't be bothered with.
I don't advocate the blowing up of people who don't recycle their waste, by the way, I just think it's very funny, and is reminiscent of Monty Python and Brass Eye. There was also a film made many years ago called Whoops Apocalypse, and in the film the British PM, played by the legendary Peter Cook, proposes a radical way to cut unemployment by making people jump off the white cliffs of Dover, again another example of satire, or was it Media Terrorism, you decide. I don't know why people have a problem with looking after the planet and keeping it clean and tidy, we all have to live here after all. Shock works, that's why its caused controversy. Maybe it is propaganda as you say, but I don't see how it has backfired. Media Terrorism! Do me a favour. Do you get indignant when you see Coca Cola or Nike lie through their teeth in their adverstising knowing full well that both companies have been complicit in child labour and exploitation for years? If you don't want to lower your Carbon Footprint, then don't, no-one is forcing you to.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shminkee Pinkee
I don't see what the problem is. It's a satire on lazy people who don't want to do there bit for the environment.

Yes do as we say or...

Regardless of whether you believe Global Warming exists or not, We are suffering climate change, whether it's manmade or natural is irrelevant, it's happening.

Let me get this straight... Regardless of whether you believe Global Warming exists or not

and then you say... We are suffering climate change,.
Yes, the climate is changing all the time. I agree with that...

but then you say... whether it's manmade or natural is irrelevant, it's happening.

Wow!

Again: whether it's manmade or natural is irrelevant, it's happening.

I don't know what to say. The rest.. I give up on.
edit on 8-10-2010 by Pentothal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I thought the video was hilarious.

They're not trying to scare or indoctrinate kids into believing global warming, nor are they trying to incite violence or exclusion towards those who don't buy into it. That concern sounds like reactionary fear mongering to me.

The MOTIVATION for the video's visual strategy was obviously an attempt to "shock" kids and get their attention, that's all. No different than those "SEX! And now that I've got your attention..." posters. True, it was kind of in bad taste, but I don't think the motivation was at all sinister.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to get kids to pay attention to anything nowadays? And on the giant list of things kids should care about, saving the planet isn't a bad one to have on there. So who cares? They're just trying to "get in touch" with the ADHD, violence desensitized youth of America. Not an easy thing to do, but exploding classmates might just get them to turn their heads.

Why not? They've tried everything else...

Kind of a non-issue if you ask me.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Oh, come on. Do you really think that someone who has become aware of their own refuse- someone CAPABLE of being aware like that is then going to say "oh. It's fake? Tra-la, back to (fill in cretinous behavior here)"? Because they're not. It's not really a bell you can un-ring, regardless of how pyssed you might be at someone trying to sucker you.
Most people don't need a tyrant to *force* them to be conscious. Or are "environmentalists" so cynical, evolved & superior that the rest of humanity are just morons?

* "cretinous" is subjective to one's own assessment & conscience
edit on 9-10-2010 by DogsDogsDogs because: never mind. it was "right" (grammar)

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

What really isn't funny about these people is that it is only HALF joking (maybe. Maybe, to certain ones- it isn't joking at all.) Terrorists isn't far off the mark.

edit on 9-10-2010 by DogsDogsDogs because: cancel. No edit

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedBird
I thought the video was hilarious.

They're not trying to scare or indoctrinate kids into believing global warming, nor are they trying to incite violence or exclusion towards those who don't buy into it. That concern sounds like reactionary fear mongering to me.

The MOTIVATION for the video's visual strategy was obviously an attempt to "shock" kids and get their attention, that's all.

so they are not trying to scare kids, just shock them. i suppose your right, i mean a lot of kids will be shocked to see pupils being exploded because they are not doing their 'part', i suppose you think seeing that won't scare children into doing their 'part' either, because they get the impression this will happen to them. all i have to do also is think back to the old tango advert, the orange man who slaps people around the face, kids picked up on that and did it on mass to each other, as a result they had to ban that part of the advert, in the u.k. at least, and your saying the advert in question, will not give other people a justifiable excuse in their mind to use violence against those who do not play their part?

regardless, the last time i checked nearly all gory horror movies are 18 rated, how comfortable do you think most parents will be if this was shown to children just based on the exploding people, it might be satire to you, but i would not find it funny nor would most kids who you say yourself will be 'shocked'.

maybe we should shock kids into eating veg to, by making them watch a fat guy have a fatal heart attack and die in front of them, that would shock them into doing the 'right thing' (according to the person who believes its the right thing at least).
edit on 9-10-2010 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Your point is?

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Your point is?

You state clearly that whether global warming is manmade or natural is irrelevant... and you do not know what my point is?

Ok, I will explain. What you say in incorrect because:

1) If global warming is not man made then we do not need to do anything about it.
2) If global warming is man made then we have to identify the cause and then act to compensate.

This, the very basis of the whole warming debate, you state is 'irrelevant'. This is at odds with world opinion; both believers and non-believers of global warming alike.

It is also contradictory. If global warming is not man made then there is no need to act. You state that we must act either way because the debate is irrelevant. This is nonsensical. Therefore I did not respond to anything else in the post.

edit on 10-10-2010 by Pentothal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Nickodemus

Was once a molten rock? 120,000 years ago is almost nothing in the four-billion years the earth has been around. If you actually research the subject you will soon find astronomers that have evidence that the sun's output changes cyclically. Is it so hard to beleive that if the sun puts out more energy that it will get hotter on earth? And, once again, if the evidence of man-made warming is so conclusive, why did so many climate scientists have to falsify data?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr. N

I'm pretty sure that if the ad had shown conservatives blowing up liberal agitators who were trying to steal our money to fix phony climate problems there would have been dire consequences.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Shminkee Pinkee

Whether climate change is natural or man-made is extremely relevant. If it's natural, say, because of increased energy output from the sun, we are unlikely to be able to stop it. If we do cool the earth somehow and then the sun's output decreases, we may end up causing an ice age, There is considerable evidence that earth's temperature cyclically increases and decreases. Governments around the world want to take our money by force to spend on this problem, or so they say. We have seen again, and again that government takes our money and spends it on anything but what they told us it would be spent on. Keep an open mind, there is more going on here than they are leading us to believe.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Nice sharing.Thanks.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SupremeKnowledge
I thought the video was funny,

I dont see what kind of propaganda you guys are talking about....

The polar ice caps are melting, Its a fact,
Take a look at Satellite Images from NASA

I bet the only people who think its offensive are the people who thinks Global Warming isnt real

edit on 1-10-2010 by SupremeKnowledge because: (no reason given)

The polar Ice Caps are melting because we are coming to the end of an Ice Age - Fact

----

I did a bit of looking and it appears the video and the Campaign has been made my a film company called Spanner Films

Looks like they have made a few films www.spannerfilms.net...

It looks like the have taken there name off this film though

edit on 15/11/2010 by wycky because: Typoo

top topics

<< 17  18  19   >>

join