It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disclosure - The Facts

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Disclosure

Ok so im aware that there are a million and one topics and threads relating to a possible Disclosure, but i just dont like how they are all either biased new age type threads, or full blown Dr skeptic unrationalised denial.
I have created this place as a starting point for anyone looking into the Disclosure and where they can quickly see the facts about Disclosure without any bias.
I have only outlined the very very basics, but hopefully it is enough to jumpstart beginners in this topic.
Your replies, With theories and idea's is what will make this thread, So please post with your thoughts.

What is Disclosure

Disclosure, Pertaining to extra terrestrial life, As talked about on this website is, The acknowledgement by the governments of the world that extra terrestrial life exists, and the full extent of our relations with, And our knowledge of said extra terrestrial life.

Types of Disclosure

I believe there is a limited number of general possibilities as to the types of Disclosure that may or may not happen.
Scenario 1, There is a controversial press conference held one day by some government agency, In which we are told that we have been communicating with Et's this entire time, We have been with-holding technology and that there were direct efforts made to slow the release of information relating to Extra terrestrial life.
Scenario 2, Is much like scenario 1, With the exception that we will be told that the information released about the extra terrestrial life is new evidence and that we are being kept in the loop at all times.
Scenario 3, is perhaps the most believable one for skeptics, and this is that we will recieve a slow trickle of information about Extra terrestrial life, and tv and media outlets will become saturated with it, To the point that it becomes the norm, And the final admission that extra terrestrial life is infact a reality wont be such a harsh blow for the public.

Evidence for coming disclosure

There appears to be more and more evidence coming out daily to hint that a national, or maybe even global disclosure is imminent, This includes videos that show objects in the sky, Air force pilot testimonials, As well as numerous other testimonials
This includes the testimony of Apollo 14 astronaut, Edgar D Mitchell. Mr Mitchell told over 100 "ufologists" from the Paradigm Reasearch Group, That the government needed to "Put away this embargo of truth about the alien presence".
There is also the way the Vatican is treating the matter of Disclosure, with the head of the astronomy program at the Vatican, Father Jose Gabriel Funes, Stating that intelligent life elsewhere in the universe is very possible, and that the notion of Extra terrestrial life, "Does not contradict our faith".
The main problem with this type of evidence is that it relies heavily on personal accounts and "Whistle blowers", many of whom are highly questionable in both their motives and mental capacity. This is not to say all evidence should be discarded as there is also alot of evidence pertaining to an imminent disclosure that is not so easy to discard. Below are links to a few articles and other pieces of information that provide evidence for this side of the arguement.
Link1
Link2

Evid ence against coming Disclosure

Although there is no specific evidence against the coming Disclosure, that is precisely the point. There has not been a Disclosure, Many a time have people named dates and times and specific events for disclosure, But as of yet there has been a 100 percent fail rate for these predictions, And that is pretty hard to argue with. Despite this it would be hard to argue that this is full proof that there will be no Disclosure.
There is also the fact that there is not one single hard piece of evidence that proves the existence of contact with Extra terrestrial life, it is all personal accounts without any physical proof. There has never been, Despite the numerous whistle blowers, A single piece of alloy or metal from an alien craft. Neither have they provided proof of the existence of a single variety of the purposed 57 differing species of Extra terrestrial that we have been in contact with.
Also it is pretty compelling(and hilarious), When the "Leader" of the new age Disclosure project posts a picture of a moth and names it an Extra terrestrial being.
But like i said above, This is still not definitive proof, As all it takes is one of the numerous whistle blowers to be telling the truth and to have evidence. Like above, i will post some links below that will relate to the arguement against the coming Disclosure.
Link1

Why?

The main problem i can see with there being an absolute and definate Disclosure to the fact that we have had contact with Extra terrestrial life forms and that we have been with holding this information from the general public is, Why? I mean what could Tptb Possibly have to gain from this. The Holes it would leave for attack would be far too great, There would be protests and riots, People would not be happy having been lied to.
There is the arguement that They are going to create a false flag Extra terrestrial attack in order to unite the globe under the one flag and one government, But the fact that this theory is purposed by Steven Greer removes it from all credibility in my eyes.

In conclusion

In conclusion i just cannot see why they would want to put themselves under the stress of admitting that they have been lieing to us the whole time. I think it is very possible though that we might be introduced to the concept of potential Extra terrestrial life slowely and then ultimately admission of the existance will be stated, As if it was the first time anyone was finding out. This would remove the blame from tptb and place us in a position were almost everyone is happy(Even if they are only placated by lies). In the end there will always be both sides of the arguement, But ultimately the truth will have to come out one day.

I will also leave this video here as i found it very compelling.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
What if disclosure happened a long time ago and that disclosure was simply that the government doesn't know of any intelligent alien life? Just what if they are telling the truth? I know, I know, kind of hard to believe that the government would actually tell the truth, but still.

So, what if disclosure already happened, when the government stated that it knows nothing about ET? Could you handle that form of disclosure, or will you not be satisfied unless the government admits that they are fully aware of and in contact with ET?

I'm just saying! Sometimes you have to take a step back and divest your personal biases in order to check your own objectivity.

--airspoon

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

That is a very plausable theory, despite the overwhelming evidence for the existance of Extra terrestrial life contacting this planet.
I Think most people know that The chances of Et existing somewhere is pretty much a dead set, so if we know, so do tptb.

I always just assume that they know alot alot more than me, so take my knowledge, times it by one million and you have their knowledge lol

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Damezthe2nd

My take on a disclosure is it will happen when our visitors decide and not our governements. I expect globally interacting disclosures at the same time. They will have it prearranged with proof in each country. That's my opinion.

I also dont expect one until approx. 2015-2016 maybe sooner though? They will want to be known and once that happens the governments have no say so on timing.

edit on 30-9-2010 by wonderworld because: edit grammer

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

I always just think, why....why would the Et's(if any) Disclose themselves...for what ends

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damezthe2nd
reply to post by wonderworld

I always just think, why....why would the Et's(if any) Disclose themselves...for what ends

That's the million dollar question. We all have our own views of why. I think Ive worn out my reasons today.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Damezthe2nd

Damezthe2nd…..

Thank you for your thoughtful, well expressed commentary.

I have created this place as a starting point for anyone looking into the Disclosure and where they can quickly see the facts about Disclosure without any bias.

Let me think about that again for a moment….

..without any bias..

I see a problem here…..

As a “parting thought or commentary”, you left us with this comment…..

I will also leave this video here as i found it very compelling.

…..about this video:

I think this video demonstrates that you are not ”without any bias” because it shows you either…..

- Do not know this material very well

Or…..

- You are intentionally misrepresenting that which is on this video.

Accordingly, here is my summary of that which is on this video, which to my mind demonstrates your “positive bias” or “believer bias” pertaining to this whole topic area of Ufology, a subset of which is ”Disclosure”.

00.20: Debris / particles close to camera propelled by firing of thruster

00.38: Debris / particles close to camera

00.49: Reflective debris / particle out of focus causing “bokeh” / “airy disc” effect

01.01: Debris / particles effected by firing of thruster

01.11: Oil wells filmed by plane…..subsequently knowingly promoted by Maussan as hoax

01.48: Looked at that one many times…..don’t know

02.08: Illustration of UFO on laptop

02.27: The crazy one where the debris / particles make the “circle”…..?

02.38: Apparent trajectory change could be caused by change in orientation of point of filming

02.42: Flares…..not video of Phoenix “object”

02.43: Flares…..not video of Phoenix “object”

02.45: Flares…..not video of Phoenix “object”

02.46: Don’t know…..but not video of Phoenix “object” as denoted

02.47: Looked at that many times…..probably tile

03.00: Looked at that many times…..probably tile

03.04: Plane

03.28: Plane

03.36: Seen that many times…..plane aerobatic display

03.58: Plane

04.15: Chinese lanterns

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

edit on 30-9-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Syntax

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

You could be right, the government might not know of any extra-terrestrial intelligent life or what's behind the UFO phenomenon. It's a legitimate possibility and one I have no trouble accepting. You are, however, not representing the government's position accurately.

The government didn't just say "we don't know anything about it". The government -- particularly the US government -- has gone to great lengths to deceive the public about even their interest in the UFO phenomenon.

It's been shown they were very much interested in the phenomenon, especially in the 40s and 50s, while at the same time, publicly stating they weren't.

It's also been shown they offered many bogus explanations to many unexplained cases during their official public investigation (Project Bluebook), skewing the numbers of "unexplained or unknown" cases.

It's also been shown the government has spread disinformation about UFOs and actively deceived US citizens (see the Bennewitz case).

It's current Air Force policy that no official investigation of UFOs have concluded that they pose any national security or defense threat. If just one UFO sighted is truly from unknown origin it's automatically a national security risk, or at the very least, flight security risk. More so in a post-9/11 world.

Personally I don't think the government knows as much about the phenomenon as most people believe, but let's represent the government's position and actions on the subject accurately.

edit on 30-9-2010 by Spangler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Quite the contrary, I left the video as a parting note, because i was watching it at the time of posting and i thought "why not, what harm can it do showing someone else a nice video to watch"

But well done on distracting from the main point and trying to make a big deal out of exactly that, a parting thought.

Notice that the entire talk on Disclosure was done without bias

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Scenario Three makes the most sense to me, based on both the evidence and reason. It seems very likely that the governments know more than they've told, treating as a military secret the fact that they are helpless in the face of a far greater technological power. The culture seems to be near to the saturation point now, so I wouldn't expect disclosure to be very far off. I tend to think that this all wouldn't be happening if it weren't perceived as necessary. The governments may have some way of discerning that extraterrestrials are about to self-disclose, and so want to soften the blow by letting out what information they have, at an ever accelerating rate, before that happens. As UFOs appear to be the basis of a 60-plus year presentation of the reality of extraterrestrial life at Earth, very gradually and carefully convincing us of this fact, it seems very likely that their unambiguous and undeniable appearance will be managed in such a way as to avoid panic, chaos, and cultural disruption. Ross

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

In order for the government to prove that not one aspect of it knows anything about ET's, it would need to declassify all of it's top secret projects as relating to all of the more commonly suspected alien coverups. Furthermore, such a proof would also necessitate that all of the UFO intelligencia community is incorrect in their suspicians.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Disclosure

Here is the main problem. We all know there are many in the UFO field that have an agenda, some for mere personal gain...

Those people have a certain reputation... and as such, if they say anything it is almost immediately dismissed. The problem is these people are very vocal... and will immediately pounce on any tidbit of real disclosure and milk it, while main stream media will report it, maybe run it a day or two, then get on with the latest current news...

Now when the item of truth is picked up by these people that many consider unreliable... what happens? Well since Greer, or Jamie, or Dave Icke talks about it, the info is IMMEDIATELY considered invalid.

An example Dan Burisch talks about Looking Glass... he then says go here for the proof, the file is there at LANL... well people won't even go and look because HE said it. They just brush it off as ravings of a mad man.

Well funny thing is, the file is both the real deal and it IS where he said it was. Now does that make the rest of what he says true? Not at all, but because he puts the info into his camp, many automatically assume it is bogus.

For that reason alone, any true bits of disclosure that do come along, get lost in the noise... helped along by the skeptics that love to bash these people and focus on that person, not the item in question

Better wait till they land at Times Square. Might as well close the Alien UFO section and put it in skunkworks as it is all pure speculation

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Think of what a fantastically successful COINTELPRO OP this has been! If in fact the government has had knowledge of Alien civilizations? Look at the thread responses on ATS. There's still that stigma of being a complete loon if you believe in Aliens and UFO's. What a wonderful job of psychological conditioning perpetrated by government on the population. For so many people to believe a lie that stares in the face of logic. The logic that there are billions of stars (like our Sun) in the Universe. Billions of stars with billions of planets orbiting them. How can you in all seriousness, draw a hypothesis that we are it? We can't be. The Universe has to be teaming with life, out there somewhere.IMHO anything you can imagine is out there. IMO if you can't say yes, absolutely there has to be life somewhere else in the Cosmos, yes they have/ maybe visiting Earth; if you can't see the logic to that? Then I'm sorry but that's like arguing the Earth is flat. Aliens? Ok pretend your an Alien that's just landed on Earth. Something BIG is coming. I can feel it. Get yourself ready. PEACE & LOVE to you all.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Are you talking about phase conjunction? Because if you are, it has nothing to do with what Burisch was saying it is. What he claimed is bogus, just like everything else. No baby in that bathwater, it's all just crud.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Has anyone asked "them" lately?

I cant beleive that having seen completely disfunctional government agencies worldwide screwing things up on an unprecidented scale for last 40 years that they would be able to keep a secret.

Russian defectors, Chinese Defectors, korean Defectors, US CIA, NSA rendition flights, guantanamo bay, 9/11,Osama, Afghanistan, Bill Clinton, George Bush, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Iran, Somalian Pirates, Iraq WMDs...this world is FKD UP and you think 'they' could keep a secret for 40 years....there will be no Disclosure IMO.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Someone asked: why would extraterrestrials want to disclose their presence at Earth? Trying to answer that one is likely to get very speculative, very quickly. They may be thinking proactively, and on a fairly long term basis. It may be believed that even if left alone, we will soon, by their standards, travel among the stars, and cause them all kinds of problems, if we're not first clued in to the facts of galactic life and interstellar good manners. Ross

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MisterBurns

The government is awesome at keeping secrets, which is probably why you don't even know about them. I think that the excuse of government being too incompitent to keep secrets, is foolish at best. In fact, I would even go much further and say that the US government is the absolute best at keeping secrets.

I need not go into examples because with their best secrets, there are no examples to go by. Just think of all the things that the government has been successful at keeping a secret, such as the Gulf of Tonkin incident, to name just one.

Government secrets go way beyond whatever political flavor is in Washington at the time, as this government has been able to hone its secrecy skills over the last 100+ years, with the last 60 or so of the CIA. You can bet your bottom dollar that the US government is knee-deep in secrets, most of which are successfully kept that way. Through compartmentalization and other clandestine and covert tactics, the government and her actions are pretty much a closed book. If you know something about government or something that government does, rest assured it's because someone wanted you to know. Entities like Wikileaks that leak a document here and there, could never even imagine access to some of the government's most guarded secrets. They can only hope to get the little stuff, the relatively unimportant scraps that mean little.

If there is one thing that this government is good at, it's keeping secrets, as they have pretty much perfected the craft.

--airspoon

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I dont buy it, are we not talking about governments of the world here or is America the only place they have made contact?

So disclosure, someone decides that its time to tell people, who is that, who decides its time for 'the sectret to be leaked'. And the, take the USA for example, how do you leak that without making the president, congress and senate look like a complete puppet who dont really have the power abyway, do you brief him, his advisers, they beleive the public need to know? They take it forwards, once they know it starts to leak out, what if they went forward before and the president said, not now, they then just dissapear again??

I just dont get this military power behind the scenes, need to know stuff. Im not convinced they know anything more than the talented researchers and astronomers and sky gazes the world over which have nothing to do with the government.

Just my opinion.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damezthe2nd
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Damezthe2nd.....

But well done on distracting from the main point and trying to make a big deal out of exactly that, a parting thought.

I believe you intended the video to be more than just "a parting thought" because when you presented the video in your opening post you stated you "found it very compelling".

Therefore I believe your intention was to use the video to "sway" or "bias" your purportedly "non biased" commentary to the "believer" side of the discussion.

Notice that the entire talk on Disclosure was done without bias

As per my ongoing commentary, I do not believe "the entire talk on Disclosure was done without bias".

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

edit on 30-9-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Formatting

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
the governments of the world and specifically the US government are lying through their teeth.
although they are letting things slip out from time to time and have been since the 40's. its not in their best interest and probably not in our best interest to know the truth, quite yet.

it could have a negative impact on society, its probably better left up to the imagination.
for all we know some of these ufo blockbuster films may actually be a form of disclosure, and they are subliminally giving us the info we need for a later date.

the age of enlightenment is upon us and there is no turning back the clock.

as it stands we are a planet full of sitting ducks with no way to control anything in our reality, let alone an alien reality that has all the cards in their favor.

the aliens have had plenty of time to feel us out and know all our strengths and weaknesses, and now they really have no need to fear us gaining any form of upper hand, so if you notice they seem to be gathering in greater numbers around the globe, and seen more frequently.

personally ive been disclosed, now i'm just waiting for the punchline

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join