It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does that make the US?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Hi all. This is my first thread on ATS, and I surely don't want it to be an argument, but I have some thoughts that I would like to share. Please, if I am ignorant in a certain area, educate me, change my mind, but please, do it respectfully. Opinions do change with new information, like the great quote goes: A wise man changes his mind often, a fool never.
So please, tell me your opinions, but lets keep it clean and friendly.

That being said, I would like to get to the point.

There's a thread going on about a recent UN report showing that Israeli military troops killed an American Citizen, "execution style."
So many people, and I mean SOOOOO many jump immediately into how evil Israel is (a point thats never been made clearly to me as I travel there nearly every summer and only meet nice people) and how the US works for them yadayada. I don't want to throw about the word anti semitism, but, lets be real, it is.
Anyway, the point is, so many people are so ready to jump on anything Israel that they forget that its just another country in a different set of circumstances we're in. Lets face it too, if you don't live there, are not from there, haven't even been there, then you can't possibly know how life is there or the mentality needed to survive there. You just don't.
From what i have seen, having family living there, that people in the US seem to forget, is that these are regular people. They will break bread with you if they have the chance, just like many of our friends in the US. They are just living ORDINARY lives! thats right, ordinary. They go to malls, watch movies, play games, party, get drunk, fight, make up, etc etc...
But alas, Israel does this and all the citizens are judged with it.

Well, I think the same should apply to the US.
Think of Iraq. If you ask me, a citizen's life over there is worth just as much as a citizen's life in the US. The US, since the war in Iraq in 2003, has killed about a million Iraqi civilians. Some have been accidental, others have been illegally jailed, tortured, and murdered, "execution style." And the US did all of this in THEIR home. We went over there to do it. to their home.

So, if the recent discovery that Israel murdered one of our citizens leads us to believe the entire country and people in it are evil, well, damn, what does that make the US?
If Israel is the son of satan, then surely the US must be satan himself... not that I believe in such a silly idea as the devil, but you get my drift.

MY POINT is, let it go guys. No one citizen in any country is any better than the other, except maybe Canadians, they rock. Before you judge them and start pointing the finger to how evil anyone is, lets look at home first and see all the problems we have. Instead of hoping something bad happens to them, lets try to understand them a little more. Like it or not, they offer a much different perspective than we have, and if you truly want to be a wise man (or woman) then you will not only open yourself up to new perspectives, but try to understand them too.
Guys, our governments suck, plain and simple. But if we can see that they suck, and we don't buy into the hatred they give us that actually fuels them, then what will happen, and my hope for humanity, is that they will just kill each other off and the world will be left with a bunch of people talking about how crazy their parents were. You think we need a common enemy to get along? Then let it be the craziness of our governments, because surely, the government of the US does not reflect its people, and if our government doesn't, why would theirs be any different? And I'm not just talking about Israel here, substitute it for most any government (except Canada, I F'ing love Canada. Seriously, I wish I were Canadian).
If you can't understand that we're ALL just people living lives in different parts of the world, then you're part of the hurting, and not the healing.
God, if only it was so easy as to point a finger at someone and then the trigger, but we've been doing that since the beginning of man, and guess what, we haven't changed...

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
If the US President can have US citizens killed abroad, how is that different from other countries killing US citizens while they are there?
Wait, that is different.

join