It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Implications of the "Bible Code"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
The Torah was given to Moses on Mt. Sinai, fully written by God, himself. That is what the Torah claims.

It was discovered, fairly recently, that the Torah is also coded with the entirety of human history down to the smallest details of the lives of possibly every individual that has ever lived or ever will live. Furthermore, every POSSIBLE history, life, and decision from the whole of human history is also encoded in the Torah..so that every possible course of action for every being that ever lived on the planet has been mapped out ahead of time. This is what researchers claim.

Let's assume for the sake of this thread, that this is all true. No need to argue about the validity of the Bible, there's plenty of other threads for that. I want to discuss the hypothetical, if you will, implications of these claims about the Bible Code.

Based on what the researchers are claiming, it would seem that the Torah is the "hard code" of creation. Or at least of the Earth. It's as if the whole pageant of human history is a like a computer program written in, not binary, but a 22 digit system (the Hebrew alphabet). It's been running from day one and will come to an end at a predetermined point. The "characters" in the program (we, the people) have free will to choose from a number of predetermined paths in their lives. All of these paths also have predetermined outcomes and affect other paths of other characters, etc.

What I'm saying is that it's not hard to imagine a closed or even infinite system such as this that can all at once be accessed or acted upon at any point inside by a higher system, mind, or the actual "programmer" (God). We're already doing such things on an infinitely smaller scale with virtual environments, video games, etc. Just imagine such tech to the Nth degree and you may end up with a simulated Universe that contains "actual" life.

If we can create things like this with a mere binary system, imagine what a "God" could create with a 22 digit system.

For more information about the specifics of Bible Code research, Google it.

And before you say, "Sounds like The Matrix", be aware that the research for the Bible Code was around well before "The Matrix" was ever conceived. It may have even inspired the movie, for all I know. If the Bible Code turns out to be real, (and according to the mathematicians and statisticians that are studying it, it is very real) then it would be safe to say that it IS the REAL "Matrix".

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Alpha Arietis

Wasn't it just the 10 Commandments given to Moses on Sinai? The Torah, I think, goes back much farther.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by 35Foxtrot

The common misconception is that it was just the ten commandments on the tablets that Moses brought down from the mountain. (Helped by the classic movie, no doubt). The Torah, itself claims that it was the full Torah, written by God. Hebrew mystics and priests have upheld this information throughout the ages.

Furthermore, if the Torah is, indeed, coded in such a manner, then there can be no doubt that it was a "divine gift" to mankind through the Israelites, via Moses. And written by the creator.

edit on 30-9-2010 by Alpha Arietis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I have two books on the Bible Code. I bought the computer program that does the translations for you. Sorry to say for the believers, but it flat out does not work. Try it yourself and you'll see it is bogus. Even do the examples in the books and it still doesn't work.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

The "Bible Code" "programs" are built on the premise that one can find future events in any books of the bible. This is contrary to the actual research that is being done. The programs are basically worthless.

Here's one of the guys that wrote the original paper on the subject:Eliyahu Rips

edit on 30-9-2010 by Alpha Arietis because: add link

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alpha Arietis

The "Bible Code" "programs" are built on the premise that one can find future events in any books of the bible. This is contrary to the actual research that is being done. The programs are basically worthless.

Not just the future. You ought to be able to replicate past experiments. There isn't anything in the directions or the programs themselves that limits them to the future. The 'actual research' uses the programs. I agree that the programs are basically worthless. So is the whole Bible Codes issue.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

The original experiments have been replicated by various independent mathematicians. You can find this information online with a little research.

edit on 30-9-2010 by Alpha Arietis because: typo

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I remember that the Bible Codes were a big thing in the 90's. More so when the Millennium approached. Then it kind of faded out and you really don't hear to much about it anymore. It will probably get renewed interest the closer to 2012 we get.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
-double post- accident oops sorry.

edit on 30-9-2010 by TinFoilHatMan55 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TinFoilHatMan55

Yeah, a large flow of disinfo about the Bible Code kind of diluted the whole topic. Possibly by design.

I find the implications of the issue fascinating.

edit on 30-9-2010 by Alpha Arietis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

That's a good one.

new topics

top topics

join