It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

76 Gas... Disrespect the parental unit (Adults)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Many times this advertisement has been on the TV and I have finally decided to toss it out there for possible discussion.

Scene, action: Father and son building a bird house on a picnic table. Son to father..."Dad, what is Top Tier Gas?"

Father: "Son, I have no idea."

Son: "I thought you knew everything." Throws the bird house he was building at his dads birdhouse, breaking the roof off, leaving the father with a confused look on his face as the kid storms off.

I have never seen such blatant disrespect for a parent, let alone an adult in an advertisement. What is 76's point, other than saying if you don't know what "Top Tier Gas" is, you don't even deserve the respect of your own child??? Give me a break!!

BTW I could care less what it is...it's the presentation that irks me.

What say you, ATS???

~holly

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Holly N.R.A.

I haven't seen the ad. Is it on youtube? From what you wrote, it sounds very disrespectful.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I haven't seen the ad, but I'll tell you right now this "top tier gas" will crystalize the inside of my two-stroke engine redering it useless, and I need no part of an environmental agenda that has no respect for the labours and lessons of our Elders.

Shame on them.

edit on 9/30/10 by GENERAL EYES because: errant "r" needed - spelling, as usual... *sigh*

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Haven't seen the ad - what country is it aired in? Sounds very disrespectful, the ad should be pulled. Call your local station if that is what it is on and voice a complaint.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Actually, since I posted this, I have been searching the web and have been unable to find any television commercial or advertisement in regards to what I posted. There is another commercial, didn't pay too close attention to that one, but scene is a company board room and the big wigs are either interviewing a geeky looking guy for a job or are berating him because he doesn't know what "Top Tier" gas is.

I will keep looking for a copy of the commercial...but hopefully someone else may find it. It is airing on the West Coast of the US for sure.

Like I asked...what is with the disrespect???

thanks for reading.

~holly

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Are companies no longer allowed to have utter morons managing their marketing departments who produce terribly unclever and unfunny advertisements? Does everything have to have some ulterior, malicious intent?

If all bad commercials have some secret meaning worth discussing, McDonalds has provided us with plenty of content to review. Get crackin', buddy.

edit on 9/30/2010 by PETROLCOIN because: I felt like it.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Holly N.R.A.
Many times this advertisement has been on the TV and I have finally decided to toss it out there for possible discussion.

Scene, action: Father and son building a bird house on a picnic table. Son to father..."Dad, what is Top Tier Gas?"

Son: "I thought you knew everything." Throws the bird house he was building at his dads birdhouse, breaking the roof off, leaving the father with a confused look on his face as the kid storms off.

I have never seen such blatant disrespect for a parent, let alone an adult in an advertisement. What is 76's point, other than saying if you don't know what "Top Tier Gas" is, you don't even deserve the respect of your own child??? Give me a break!!

What say you, ATS???

~holly

A few explanations:

Top tier gas is a term used by gasoline dealers (i.e., Quik Trip) to help ensure that their product will not harm their engines. It usually has ethanol, is marketed as a "green" energy product, is supposedly filtered to an optimal level, and is primarily a buzzphrase to sell gas to the consuming public.

The "meme" of emasculating western males is very prevalent. Consider Homer Simpson, Peter Griffin, most sit-com dads, etc, in which the father is viewed as a bumbling idiot while the child/mother is the moderating voice of reason. This is an important component in the liberal / progressive program to destroy the family and subvert free democratic societies.

What is interesting in this case is that the "son" in the example has violently rejected the father during a traditionally masculine, father/son endeavor (building something).

On a possibly subliminal level, note that the son "knocks the roof off of the house", thus rejecting the existing family and its hierarchy to the point of actual physical destruction.

Also, the father's ignorance of the "green" topic of top tier gasoline is engineered to be symbolic, in a predictive programming sense, of the older (particularly male) generations' uncool lack of awareness of environmental issues, while the son's violent reaction and rejection is the desired reaction of the statist leadership.

This is it in a nutshell.

Good luck.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2

Originally posted by Holly N.R.A.

What say you, ATS???

~holly

A few explanations:

Top tier gas is a term used by gasoline dealers (i.e., Quik Trip) to help ensure that their product will not harm their engines. It usually has ethanol, is marketed as a "green" energy product, is supposedly filtered to an optimal level, and is primarily a buzzphrase to sell gas to the consuming public.

The "meme" of emasculating western males is very prevalent. Consider Homer Simpson, Peter Griffin, most sit-com dads, etc, in which the father is viewed as a bumbling idiot while the child/mother is the moderating voice of reason. This is an important component in the liberal / progressive program to destroy the family and subvert free democratic societies.

What is interesting in this case is that the "son" in the example has violently rejected the father during a traditionally masculine, father/son endeavor (building something).

On a possibly subliminal level, note that the son "knocks the roof off of the house", thus rejecting the existing family and its hierarchy to the point of actual physical destruction.

Also, the father's ignorance of the "green" topic of top tier gasoline is engineered to be symbolic, in a predictive programming sense, of the older (particularly male) generations' uncool lack of awareness of environmental issues, while the son's violent reaction and rejection is the desired reaction of the statist leadership.

This is it in a nutshell.

Good luck.

Thanks for an interesting interpretation of the disrespect displayed in this advertisement. Apparently, the company realizes that if they air it more than a few times a day they will probably get more comments than they are willing to explain...eh?...

Would like to know if anyone else has seen this and has an opinion.

thanks...

~holly

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

It's just a commercial!

If it's airing in the U.S, wouldn't it go against the first amendment to call for it to be pulled?

I don't understand this place sometimes.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by crazydaisy

It's just a commercial!

If it's airing in the U.S, wouldn't it go against the first amendment to call for it to be pulled?

I don't understand this place sometimes.

No, it is not "just a commercial."

Corporations with high-level connections to governments spend billions doing market research in order to separate people from their money. They get people to haul out their wallets by actually altering the cognitive processes, ideals, assumptions and perceptions held by the consuming public.

This is certainly the case with the petroleum, oil and lubricant companies, who are clearly linked to factions within the U. S. Government. These people believe in "transformative human engineering and marketing" and, by God, they intend to get what they pay for.

Look past the initial message, and it starts to really pop out at you.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I only read the OP post but really.. Its just an ad. There cant be anything more sinister about it apart from what I hear you saying is that if you do not know about it, then chuck a birdcage in anger... Have seen the majority of ads these days? They make no sense, and are useless... You can have ones were a tongue comes out of some guys mouth and goes and grabs a beer.. Adds are just paid advertisements to which fortuantly I have paid tv (Which has just as many ads) yet I can pause, then 10 mins later watch and fast foward that junk, or tape on IQ for later

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Just an ad? No, I don't think so. To dismiss it as 'just' anything is foul and ignorant thinking, imo. Marketing is nothing less than the modern magic of fishing for souls of men, women and children. You can disagree if you want, but what would you call it? What value is the attention of a human? When all that attention is gathered and directed in a way that you impose? Think about it.

new topics

top topics

join