It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indianapolis Bakery Refuses To Bake Gay Cupcakes

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Equal Rights means every human is to be treated Equal.

This is exactly the point I'm trying to make.
Why aren't these business owners being treated equal as other persons who are under question?

Face it, the hate mongers on this thread and the internet will destroy our freedoms on the internet since our hate is creating suicides. Big Daddy Govt. is being given the best excuse ever to censor the internet.

American citizens are unknowingly pushing the agenda to destroy our Constitutional Rights.

The internet is power and the one's who have no control are destroying people with this power. They have no limits. They continue to destroy and humiliate people.
They push the limits and disregard our Constitution.
They are creating a society of Guilty until proven Guilty.

sl

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by sweetliberty

Who is violating the bakery rights owners to equality?? Did you miss the part where they voluntarily signed a lease with gay friendly city market? Or do the bakers get a pass on ignorance of law because it conflicts with their religion?

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Mykahel

Then the christians in this story must not be real according to you because would a c=real xian sign a lease with a city market that demanded they serve gays?

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
Funny --- I thought they were a business and stood for baking cookies.

BIGOT: a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group or homosexuals) with hatred and intolerance.

Please tell me how they are not Bigots.

The people who own this bakery are bigots.

And by your own definition, the people that disagree with the choice of the bakery owners to refuse this order are also bigots:

''a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group''

So, someone that disagrees with these bakery proprietors upholding their religious beliefs is also, by definition, a bigot.

edit on 4-10-2010 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

This family has no one but themselves to blame for their "destruction" if indeed they are destroyed by this.

Simply because they felt above the rules and special, they deserved the extra right of not having to obey their contract with city market because of their belief they are christians.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweetliberty
reply to post by Annee

Equal Rights means every human is to be treated Equal.

This is exactly the point I'm trying to make.

Why aren't these business owners being treated equal as other persons who are under question?

I am not seeing it the way you are. I am seeing a "reaction to an action". And that action was bigotry - - perpetrated by a business owner.

I think in this particular case "Reaction to an Action" - - is very plain and simple.

Now - - if the owners decided they did not treat a customer equally - - - and got together with a Gay Group - - - and worked out their differences - - - then I would have more sympathy.

Because incidents like this have happened before where the business owner agreed poor judgment was used and worked with gay groups to make amends.

But all I'm seeing is religious groups "coming to the rescue". Which creates even more division and more Reaction.

edit on 4-10-2010 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater

Who is violating the bakery rights owners to equality?? Did you miss the part where they voluntarily signed a lease with gay friendly city market? Or do the bakers get a pass on ignorance of law because it conflicts with their religion?

I can't believe you just asked that!!
You begin this thread with "wow what bigots", you continue throughout this thread calling them bigots, you title a link "these Christians hate gay cupcakes too".

You set the tone for hate mongers. You do not defend the rights to the business owners when other posters call for a boycott CLEARLY BEFORE they are found guilty.

You go on spun MSM. You play a big part in the eventual censoring of the internet by setting the tone you have set and allowing and participating in Guilty until proven Guilty!
You are a part of the weight on the shoulders of the business owners BEFORE they are found guilty.
You are assisting Big Govt. in the censoring of the internet.
You are also very much a bigot too.
Is there such a thing as reporting fairly? You are the author of this thread, why do you allow and push the Guilty until proven Guilty agenda?
This story should be out there and shared with the public but the internet user's should also control their words. There should be a limit somewhere before the government steps in and limit the internet.
How many more people have to die by the words and actions of the users on the internet who have no limits?
You are violating the equal rights of the business owners by your clear contempt for "Christians" and morals and by feeding the government EXACTLY what they want in order to censor the internet. Your underlying message promotes hate and contempt to Americans who should be considered Innocent UNTIL proven Guilty.

I'm not typing this in anger, I'm typing this with concern for our Constitutional Rights and I'm seeing puppets unknowingly pushing the agenda to dismantle or rights.

If people's lives continue to be destroyed or killed due to not having personal limits then (I will repeat)... Big Government will censor our internet rights and our rights to a fair trial.

sl

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

Funny --- I thought they were a business and stood for baking cookies.

BIGOT: a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group or homosexuals) with hatred and intolerance.

Please tell me how they are not Bigots.

The people who own this bakery are bigots.

And by your own definition, the people that disagree with the choice of the bakery owners to refuse this order are also bigots:

''a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group''

So, someone that disagrees with these bakery proprietors upholding their religious beliefs is also, by definition, a bigot.

Absolutely! Not treating another human equally is Bigotry.

In no way would taking an order for rainbow cookies have affected their belief. They are in the business of making cookies. If religion prevents them from doing their business - - then they should not have a business.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Wow this is my first comment on ATS... so here it goes..

Just Cookies... has anyone found out if they do make cupcakes?

That is my only questions! IF they didn't display or make cupcakes then they can say whatever... Then it is not a refusal of service... It is just a comment in bad taste. If they do make cupcakes and refuse only because it is for a Gay Gathering then that is another story.

Besides how are cupcakes going to effect the owner's daughters if they aren't going to be a part of the Gay gathering.

I am not Jewish and I buy things at a Jewish Deli.... It is not going to make me Jewish by eating their food.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

It is not bigoted to expect a bakery owner to not discriminate based upon the terms of his lease and the ordinances of the city in which one does business.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I have the civil right to be against organized religion, and the free speech to say so.

I support every single citizens right to the same things, INCLUDING the bakery owner.

I support their right to hate on gays.

I do not support them in this case because they violated a lease they THEMSELVES entered into, totally disregarding their religion for the almighty dollar.

How are you failing to ge tthe distinction?

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malandark
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Wow this is my first comment on ATS... so here it goes..

Just Cookies... has anyone found out if they do make cupcakes?

They do not make cupcakes. It was after the owner explained they only make cookies - - the man changed the order to rainbow cookies - - and then was refused because he told the owner what they were for (according to one report I read).

I have been to pastry shops that say "Just "something" --- but then found that they carried a full line of pastries.

So - - I do not find it odd or out of the ordinary for someone to ask "Just Cookies" if they made cupcakes.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I understand what you're saying but if we don't question the MSM, their articles, then we are not doing anyone a service.
I believe if these owners are guilty, they will get their just deserve.
Is the other organization there to defend the rights of "morals"?
If so, then is this issue a "moral" issue and not a true discrimination gays?
Does the organization know something we don't know?
All I'm saying is we can not believe everything the MSM feeds to us.
I do not want gays discriminated against.
I also don't want the internet to destroy a family owned business BEFORE they are found guilty.
If the family's business is in fact destroyed before we know the whole story, then I ask how long will it be before more small business become destroyed...... BEFORE being found innocent or guilty?

We hold the power to keep or to lose our rights to the internet, so far, we are showing we can not control the power.
This thread calling for boycotts and insulating and using words together like "Christians" and "hate" in the same sentence is just showing a clear lack of control of their power over the internet. Ignorant.
How many more people are going to commit suicide before the year is up due to us abusing our power on the net?
Real people and real lives we are affecting with our contempt.

sl

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Absolutely! Not treating another human equally is Bigotry.

That's not what your definition of bigotry said:

In no way would taking an order for rainbow cookies have affected their belief.

How do you know what they believe ?

It seems a bit presumptuous for you to say this. It seems like you're projecting what you believe that they believe onto what this couple actually does believe.

They are in the business of making cookies. If religion prevents them from doing their business - - then they should not have a business.

Who says that they shouldn't have a business if religion prevents them form doing business with certain patrons ?

You are just proving my point that you are bigoted against their religious beliefs.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
In this case, the bakery owners rights to not believe in and be against gays were not violated.

For one thing, they signed the lease.

For another, they have the right to hate gays, they did not have the right in this case to refuse to sell to the gays on moral grounds IN THIS case, due to them voluntarily waiving that right in order for the privilege of leasing in the profitable City Market real estate.

I fully support any privately owned business, who takes no federal money, who has no lease with a governemnt body, who is free standing and self supporting, to retain the right to refuse service to ANYONE, even gay christians.

In the ideal world, those private businesses retain those rights, and we the consumer retain the right to CHOOSE at which business we wish to spend our hard earned money.

The reason this story appealed to me was the many avenues of discussion it entailed.

The fact that I am exercising my free speech and spinning the story to my liking is my right, and I am glad to see that others are posting rebuttals.

That is how debate works.

I tend to post up articles and stories that interest me Sweetliberty considering we are expected to defend our threads and positions.

If you do not like the fact I post anti Christian (or as I like to call it, pro Gay or pro Human rights) stories, please be the change you want to see and start threads on topics you enjoy.

You are the one who first called this thread foolish, insulting me personally (where have I done so to you?) as a poster, and still you keep posting in my thread.

I am glad it is bringing to light many illuminating points to ponder.

Hypocrisy, irony, many points to ponder.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

I have the civil right to be against organized religion, and the free speech to say so.

And I am not trying to take any of your rights away as this thread is clearly doing to the owners of this small business!

Every small business owner should take heed to this story, this thread and the others spewing contempt on the internet!

This isn't simply a gay issue, hate issue, or religious issue. It's also an issue of the public/internet/radio/msm, killing the rights of United States Citizens. They have been judged and convicted BEFORE we know the whole story.

This is another chip off the small businesses and lots of points for Big Govt.

sl
edit on 4-10-2010 by sweetliberty because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

The father proclaimed his beliefs, it is quoted upthread.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Thank you for your reply... I wasn't sure and everything that I read didn't say yes or no that they made cupcakes. As I didn't read anything about them changing the order to cookies. Do you have that Thread? Thanks again

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

My thread takes away the owners rights?

I thought they voluntarily waived their rights by CHOOSING to sign the lease at City Market.

What ar your thoughts on that?

Or is it all my fault and the fault of my thread these particular Christians expected special treatment and rights over and above the lease they willingly signed?

Which came first, the bakery owners bigoted actions or my thread?

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malandark
reply to post by Annee

Thank you for your reply... I wasn't sure and everything that I read didn't say yes or no that they made cupcakes. As I didn't read anything about them changing the order to cookies. Do you have that Thread? Thanks again

No sorry - - didn't not save it.

You could probably find it if you Google it.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join