It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hearing pulsation when meditating?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
hi

yesterday I was in meditation and I started noticing/hearing pulsating humming, and I didn't know where it came from but I think it came out of my head. This is en example of what I mean:

(you will hear this kinda pulsating noise very fast.)

This is almost exactly how I heard it.

questions:

Has anyone else noticed this while meditating?

What am I hearing? I theorize that I hear my brainwaves, I don't know if its possible but thats the only explenation.

I also think this "sound" never goes away but we simply don't hear it because we ar'nt sensitive enough, once in meditation you start hearing these subtle noises and feel subtle feelings.

thoughts?

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Yes!! S+F! I experience it every time i meditate.. and it never happened before i started to meditate. It got to a point were it would happen without meditation, I decided i wouldn't meditate for a while to see if it would stop and i have heard nothing for a while... i am now currently in the process of trying to regain the humming back. I experience the humming in the left center of my head. Thanks for this OP

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
People on the internet with similar experiences. Some parts of the text I emphisize because it really was the same with me.

About a year ago, when I was meditating on a very quiet farm, I started to hear a drum beat. It sounded like it was coming from outside, about 300 yards away, to the right and from behind my right ear. I asked the owner of the farm if there was some kind of machinery or something that was making the noise. She didn't know. After a few meditations of hearing the drum beat (it is a low, steady even kind of "thump... thump.. thump..") I checked outside the farm house and could not find anything. It started driving me crazy! After a few months, all of a sudden I started hearing the drum beat at home during meditations!

Its with me for months now and as you say when i just relax my body or mediate, i feel it. This must have been started after hatha yoga classes i took last summer in 2008. Other than that I didn't do any practice except just sitting and being aware inside and outside of the body.

source: www.aypsite.org...

Exactly what I was doing, "sitting and being aware". I heard this from maharaj nisargadatta, his guru told him to simply meditate on the words, "I AM". This I also started doing and now I truely understand what meditation is about. Its not about fighting with thoughts or trying to keep thoughts quite, its being aware of your BEING and simply BE, and suddenly its all automatic.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaANDOmega

I'm glad

Just keep meditating never stop!

A few years back I would meditate and then stop all the time because I simply didn't like forcing myself to do it, and the longer I whent without meditation the more uncontrollable I became. I was more rude against my parents and was bitter etc...

I didn't understand what meditation was about until now, Its really something you need to keep doing. Simply BE.

peace man

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by colloredbrothers

I hear a very similar sound to the one you have linked any time I clear my head before sleeping or clear my thoughts etc.

If I dont hear the sound you have just described it will be this one here...

Ive even heard a mix of both of them, at times I have woken up hearing sounds like this.

I originally thought it might be tinnitus but it is not a persistant thing, it only occurs while my mind is clear and I am not distracted by stresses of life etc.

I tried meditating at one point and I had posted about this in another thread quite a while ago, I got a severe headache with it.

I just put sounds like this down to the background noise of life if you like, you only notice things like this if you step back from it all for a short time etc.

edit on 30-9-2010 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by colloredbrothers
reply to post by AlphaANDOmega

I'm glad

Just keep meditating never stop!

A few years back I would meditate and then stop all the time because I simply didn't like forcing myself to do it, and the longer I whent without meditation the more uncontrollable I became. I was more rude against my parents and was bitter etc...

I didn't understand what meditation was about until now, Its really something you need to keep doing. Simply BE.

peace man

I would find it so much easier to meditate if I did not have the distractions of the modern world. The times I've been without the internet I never use my computer - it's hard at first, you hear a name and you want to google it etc... but you adapt very quickly.

I wish Id taken those opportunities to meditate more...

Now I program less than I wanted to with the net, I do less, I can go without tv but not at least am radio...

I used to take 2 hour walks every day... when it was dialup and no internet, I mean BBS's..

I think we all need a timeout from this box once in a while.. and the tv.

Otherwise meditation seems like a chore, a distraction in and of itself.

I wonder what it is that causes that, tbh.. the feeling of missing out? The urge to catch up?

I think I'll start changing things. And for me that's a hard attitude to take. I know for a fact I can survive without the net, but .... when is the next UFO thread going to arise.. etc...

Definitely time for a break...

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

I understand what your saying with having the feeling of "missing out" of "not actually doing something if not being online etc...". But really if you have been long enough on ATS or on anything you start to notice its all the same and that infact it doesn't matter at all. I ignore ATS trheads of UFO's etc because It really doesn't matter if they are here or not. I used to go outside in my yard and look for ufo's but never saw them.

If the world is a conspiracy or not it does not matter, just live your life, thats my philosophy.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Yes I heard similar to this but faster the same pace as my video, it really resembles, yet its all the same i think.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I hear a high pitch ringing sound instead. I am hearing it now. It gets louder during meditation or if I am alone in a room. Or inside the car driving.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ChiForce

Sounds like tinitus.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I asked Lincoln from the youtube channel: channelhigherself what it meant this sound.

And he responded with this:

Most likely it is caused by blockages in your energy system. When you meditate, more energy comes into your body (in acupuncture meridians and the chakra system). If blockages exist, the energy pushes against these obstructions and tries to break them down and clear them. This can be the pulsing that you feel. Ideally an open and clean energy system has no uncomfortable feelings, no restrictions, no health symptoms. A clean energy system is at peace and full of vitality. Even spontaneous happiness can occur. The more pure, the more happiness and even bliss. As you continue to meditate, the blockages will decrease until there are no physical signs of energy blockages.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I doubt it. I have them when I was 18, the same time I have my 7 Chakras opened.
I am in my mid 30s. I still have my hearing. The sound usually accompanied with a heat sensation. It gets intense during meditation as well as when my chakra is opened.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Whenever I am in that deep concentrating mindstate if I do here a noise its usually attributed to what I am tryng to manifest. Ex. If say I am trying to concentrate on a lol spinning vortex to materialize once I begin to hear the noise of it spinniing then its usually close to materializing in this plane. Last time I did it I was looking up at the sky believe it or not something shiny (this was day time as well), something shiny and orange metallic in football shape appeared in the sky it floated abnormal in the area I was focusing the vortex, lol and then IT SLOWLY DISSAPEARED INTO NOTHING AS IF IT WENT BACK!!! Wasnt gonna share this as I am still studying manifesting, but this thread seemed to be good location for my post... When I say manifesting you got to visualize first what you want to manifest were in location you want your manifestation to apear (mine was sky).

I looked into the sky located my manifestation point and concentrated. I think it works for water bodies as I have tried river concentration to minipulate the electromagnetic waves in the water with my personal electromagnetic field....Peace my friends

edit on 9/30/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Nice you get the warm over body feeling when focusing chacaraz.

2nd

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I meditate daily since i am ten, means since nearly fifteen years. I have never had such sounds....
I dunno if this is related to brainwaves as they are at a very deep frequency ( 9 - 0.1Hz) but actually i am quite sure it is possible...
I always try to get no thoughts and sounds and so on... but you inspired me for a wonderfull idea i will now try out... I think it will be the biggest revolution in all meditations ever! Wow!
If you are interested read my thread series (down in my signature) as it deals with your very own spiritual awakening in many topics...
The next part that will come deals with meditation for beginners and ther i will elaborate my idea...
Thank you for that!

peace love and light,
let u guide by higher i

Jim

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by JimIrie

Glad the thread could help
, I read the first three parts of your series, and its quite good. Keep doing what your doing.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I have the same thing, a whine almost the same as when an old transistor tv is turned on. I can focus and make it much louder or forget about it entirely.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
tickles and pulsing are just the start of growth and maturity of the pineal. you want the vibration centered and to both hemispheres of the brain. if u generate a full brain vibration u should be on your way to an out of body experience yes. the soul sort of 'sieves' or filters thru the skin with an overall hum and vibration as you float out of and over your body.

new topics

top topics

join