It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Federal Government allows child labor! (Video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I cannot believe this. The US Federal Government is looking to put your children to work. This has got to be stopped now. I cannot believe ANYONE would put up with this!

Do you advocate child labor?

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
You obviously cannot be that ignorant. It's just not humanly possible.

What this candidate is saying is that our children will have to work off the national debt if we don't do anything about it. But you were trying to purposely spread disinformation in your usual way.

This is not advocacy of child labor, this is just the constant and endless tripe that is always shoved at us around election time saying that our children are going to have to pay for the debt if we don't. Course they have been using this line for a long time. (even when I was a child)

But, this is just more endisnighe fear mongering and disinformation that we all have come to expect from you.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I don't advocate child labor and I cannot believe this is how you perceive this commercial.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
That's either a funny or wonky interpretation of the commercial.

Regardless I'm all for child labor. Not forced or slave labor but at least the option to work. Farm kids are out there working as soon as they can walk. If your parents own a business you can work for them being well under 16.

When I was under 16 I was royally PO'd to discover how limited my income options were. That was one of the major growing pains over my life that has shaped my intense and burning hatred for government and authoritarians in general. You dont know what's best for me. Stop legislating like you do. Who can I sue for lost wages for the years I couldnt find any 'legal' work?

edit on 30-9-2010 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Jeez, talk about no humor.

I thought the commercial was pretty good.

Then again, I still have my humor.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Apparently we need to burn the humor out of you like the rest of the seafaring giants. It wasn't funny then and it's not funny now.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

You are right, I would MUCH RATHER vote for a guy that runs a despicable ad like this-

Calling an opponent an American Taliban and completely lying by editing video. Yep, at least some of us enjoy family and our lives. Much better to do this-

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Yeah, so you got the message right?

So, I got you to watch the video.

I guess enslaving your children and everyone's children in perpetuity is just fine and dandy with you, right?

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

It's a pretty lame message endisnighe. One that has been used by both sides for a very long time. This guy isn't going to do anything about the national debt if elected. Surely even YOU can understand that right?

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Well if you think no one is ever going to do anything about anything politically speaking, why do you even bother posting on political discussions?

I know, nevermind.

new topics

top topics

join