It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton outlines plan to boost Northern Ireland economy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Clinton outlines plan to boost Northern Ireland economy

www.bbc.co.uk

The US Economic Envoy to Northern Ireland, Declan Kelly, introduced Mr Clinton to the specially invited audience, telling them that no other world leader in history had done more to help Northern Ireland.

Mr Clinton began by contrasting his low-key arrival in Derry earlier on Wednesday with the reception he had enjoyed from the city in 1995.

Back then, 35,000 people lined the streets but now he said "three or four people waved hello".

But he insisted that he was pleased - hailing it as a sign of progress.

"People shouldn't be so desperate for a normal life that they wait for so
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.bbc.co.uk
www.bbc.co.uk

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
"He explained that he had been asked to make an speech on building economic prosperity in Northern Ireland because, in his former role, he had been responsible for the American economy "and in a larger sense the economy of the world"."

Clinton is still showing why he was the best president in recent history, Not even doing it for the continued fame (small crowds, not much world publicity). He continues to actually try to heal the world (economically at least), while the other current world leaders seem to be sliding it further into ruin.

I personally think that the U.N should change its rules & put Clinton in charge lol

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

I also find it amusing that the U.S 'economic envoy' gets paid to do a job, yet it is Clinton who seems to be doing all the work

edit on 29/9/2010 by AmmonSeth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AmmonSeth

Clinton is still showing why he was the best president in recent history, Not even doing it for the continued fame (small crowds, not much world publicity). He continues to actually try to heal the world (economically at least), while the other current world leaders seem to be sliding it further into ruin.

I personally think that the U.N should change its rules & put Clinton in charge

He was part of what I like to call the Group of 3. The 3 presidents who laid the foundation for international collapse. He is not someone to support, he set up an artificial economy by making the worst deregulation and free-trade decisions in our nations history. He dismantled Glass-Steagall, thus killing regulation of financial markets and put America in the WTO and signed NAFTA.

If I met Clinton it would be to spit in his face!

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

C'mon Misoir, tell us how you REALLY feel.

When I saw the title of the thread, I did a double take. I thought yeah right, this has to be some other Clinton but nope. Well he must really be pushing the Clinton Global Initiative, otherwise known as Global Governance.

The last thing anyone should do is listen to a former president of the US on economic strategies.

Clinton will probably say hey, give a bunch of people loans they cannot afford and then have the banks bundle the mortgages and sell those derivatives around the world. Worked great for us!

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Don't you ever put me in the same grouping as Clinton!

That Neoliberal trash! You wanna know how I really feel? Well I can't post how I really feel on ATS due to T&C.

Our nation lost EVERYTHING because of him and now people are praising him!? Do they need a baseball bat upside the head or what!?

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Wait a minute, I did not put you in with Clinton did I?

Baseball bat? I think we should borrow a 3wood from his buddy Obama or Bush.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Man do I feel sorry for those people.......you see how well his "planning" is working for us.......
As an aside, why not fix here first before we help mess up another country?

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Just like they boosted americas economy... My sympathies to the irish for becoming victims of american idiocy...

top topics

join