It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: "The precepts of Jesus Christ spoke to me .. "

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
While desperately trying to gain votes for the Democrats in New Mexico this week, Obama had this to say to a group of folks there - New York Times

“I’m a Christian by choice,” the president said. “My family, frankly, they weren’t folks who went to church every week. My mother was one of the most spiritual people I knew but she didn’t raise me in the church, so I came to my Christian faith later in life and it was because the precepts of Jesus Christ spoke to me in terms of the kind of life that I would want to lead. Being my brothers and sisters’ keeper, treating others as they would treat me, and I think also understanding that Jesus Christ dying for my sins spoke to the humility we all have to have as human beings, that we’re sinful and we’re flawed and we make mistakes and we achieve salvation through the grace of God.”

Um .. that's nice and all .. but it flys in the face of the non-Christian Black Liberation Theology cult he has been a member of for 20+ years. 'Treat others as they would treat me....' ?? Okay ...

Obama's Church Not Your Average Christian Church
From His black Liberation Theology Cult -

1. Commitment to God
2. Commitment to the Black Community
3. Commitment to the Black Family
4. Dedication to the Pursuit of Education
5. Dedication to the Pursuit of Excellence
6. Adherence to the Black Work Ethic
7. Commitment to Self-Discipline and Self-Respect
8. Disavowal of the Pursuit of "Middleclassness"
9. Pledge to make the fruits of all developing and acquired skills available to the Black Community
10. Pledge to Allocate Regularly, a Portion of Personal Resources for Strengthening and Supporting Black Institutions
11. Pledge allegiance to all Black leadership who espouse and embrace the Black Value System
12. Personal commitment to embracement of the Black Value System.

I'm not seeing any 'precepts of Jesus Christ' in there.

I wonder if anyone there has read Obama's books and seen the non-Christian racist remarks he made ('that's how white folks will do you') through the books? Wonder if they understand what Black Liberation Theology really is and how it is NOT Christian. I suppose if they did, then they would have asked more important questions than those about 'chilli peppers'.

He spoke so nicely to those folks about Jesus Christ. Too bad his cult doesn't actually think that way -
Black Liberation Theology - James Cones -

Black theology refuses to accept a God who is not identified totally with the goals of the black community. If God is not for us and against white people, then he is a murderer, and we had better kill him. The task of black theology is to kill gods who do not belong to the black community
... Black theology will accept only the love of God which participates in the destruction of the white enemy. What we need is the divine love as expressed in Black Power, which is the power of black people to destroy their oppressors here and now by any means at their disposal. Unless God is participating in this holy activity, we must reject his love

Not exactly embracing God ... are they?

But perhaps when Obama said to these people that he came to Christianity later in life, he means in the past 2 years since he moved to Washington DC and away from his Chicago cult? Could be. He didn't say exactly 'when' this conversion took place.

During this campaign stop Obama also said that abortion should be “safe, legal and rare".
That's out and out pandering. Sitting with one leg over each side of the fence.
1 - What has he done to make it rare? Millions of children die through abortion. That's not rare.
2 - If it's legal then it's legal. Anyone at any time can have an abortion. Why say 'rare' if it's legal?
3 - abortion is black genocide

I know the Obamabots will come running to his defense and say that it doesn't matter. But it does. It matters because he's pandering in a desperate bid to gain votes for the democrats in November. It matters because he panders and changes with the audience, just like every other stink'n politician.

I suppose the good news is that he hasn't said that God is speaking to him like others do.
At least, he isn't claiming that YET.

SIDE NOTE - Wonder if this is true, or if MIchelle is just pandering to the Catholic audience in front of her?
Michelle Obama: 'my husband always carries a picture of 'Mary, help of Christians' in his wallet
That flys in the face of Black Liberation Theology as well.

Pander or sincere? Desperate to gain votes or heart felt honesty?
Considering He is a typical politican .. considering his history and considering the situation ..
I'm going with PANDER.
Hope the folks there in New Mexico can see through this.
Hey .. the good news is this .. I think I finally found the 'transparency' Obama promised!
Transparent LIES!

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
He's using Christianity as a bait and hook manuever. True Christians will see right through this and vote the way they originally intended. So, mostly, his tactics are making him look even dumber.

However, even non christians will see that this is just manipulative rhetoric considering Prez O's recent past.

Obama cancels National Prayer Day

Obama celebrates Islam

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I used to attend a congregation in Rome NY (Church of Christ) because they were the closest to not pissing me off with their brand of Christianity. The bible suggests that you join a congregation of Christians that you can relate to at your life's most pervasive level. I was in the military, and most of the congregation were military who were stationed at Griffiss AFB, like I was. Obama was involved in the community development efforts in Chicago, and that congregation was where all the people he personally knew attended. Like the bible says - attend the congregation of Christians that you can relate to at your life's most pervasive level. For a man, that's what he does for work. Obama worked with many of these people, and regardless of whatever you think about Liberation Theology, the needed inner city work in Chicago is ministering to the low-income black families who live there.

You don't care about those families, but so what. Your view doesn't mean anything in the life of someone who does care about those people. You obviously have no understanding of the Christian life outside your own myoptic view of those bizarre Evangelical video clips that get forwarded around the Internet. True Christians understand exactly what I'm talking about here. No two Christians see worship in exactly the same way, and yet they understand the value of Christian fellowship in the life of a devoted follower of Jesus. That community is the strength of a Christian's daily walk through this world, and your opinion of that congregation means nothing at all in the eyes of the Lord.

You'll realize this when you cross to the other side.

edit on 9/29/2010 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Wow! Aren't you afraid of being tagged as a racist?

I mean you can't just go posting stuff that comes from his life that would make him seem to be a racist, because he is black. It is impossible for him to be racist.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
Obama worked with many of these people, and regardless of whatever you think about Liberation Theology, the needed inner city work in Chicago is ministering to the low-income black families who live there.

It's wonderful and refreshing to see someone who understands this!

True Christians understand exactly what I'm talking about here.

I'm an atheist and I understand exactly what you're talking about. My mother taught me what it meant to be a True Christian. The fact that Obama's religious thoughts and actions are being used against him in a Political forum speaks volumes to the OP's agenda...

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
It was a good rehearsed answer to a planted question.

They really wanted us to believe that a random person asked the President "Why are you a Christian"? It would be almost as funny if a person asked Why are you a muslim.

That would make me choke on my cheerios.

And of course this answer is making the news stories. Forget about what he might have said about the war,economy and the unemployment.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Um .. that's nice and all .. but it flys in the face of the non-Christian Black Liberation Theology cult he has been a member of for 20+ years. 'Treat others as they would treat me....' ?? Okay ...

Why do you CONSTANTLY insist on making crap up in your posts to further your agenda?

When you have to invent a lie about someone in order to have something bad to say about them, it really does say A LOT about you as a person.

Just saying.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
regardless of whatever you think about Liberation Theology,

It's not what I think ... it's what it is .. and it isn't Christian.

You don't care about those families,

And you got that out of me exposing his lies ... that I don't care about families ... amazing.

You obviously have no understanding of the Christian life outside your own myoptic view

YOU obviously have no understanding of what the definition of being a Christian is.
Lemme' give ya' a clue .. it means you don't go around saying you want to 'kill god' if he isn't black enough.

Try again.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
making crap up in your posts to further your agenda?

1 - I made nothing up. He admitted he was in the black liberation theology cult for 20 years.
2 - My agenda?? Yeah right.

3 - This is the political forum and this is exposing a politicians lies and agenda ... deal with it.

it really does say A LOT about you as a person.

The fact that you can't handle when Obama is exposed as a liar and a typical politician .. that really does say A LOT about YOU as a person. Backatchya.

Just saying.

Yep .. I'm just saying .... (that's sooooo old ... passe ... )

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

YOU obviously have no understanding of what the definition of being a Christian is

apparently, neither do you.

Conjuring lies and bearing false witness...pretty big no-no's.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
It's wonderful and refreshing to see someone who understands this!

Actually he doesn't get it. He just thinks like you.

The fact that Obama's religious thoughts and actions are being used against him in a Political forum speaks volumes to the OP's agenda...

Awwwww .. I'm so hurt. NOT!

A few NEWSFLASHES for ya'
1 - Obama is a POLITICIAN and he's CAMPAIGNING therefore this is in a POLITICAL FORUM where it belongs.
2 - Obama made his campaign statements in public, therefore they can be discussed.
3 - This is a discussion board .. it's what we do.
4 - I'm exposing his lies. If that's an 'agenda' then we should talk about YOUR 'pro-obama no matter what' agenda.
Oh that'd be fun.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
Conjuring lies and bearing false witness...pretty big no-no's.

What exactly was 'conjured'?? Nothing.
He admitted he was a 20+ year member in the black liberation theology cult.
The cult is NOT Christian.
Christians don't go around saying they want to 'kill god' for not being black enough.
Nothing conjured. Those are facts.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Looks like he's trying to take his stakes in to the big boys room. Careful there, puppet. You are already in pretty deep, what with sending soul less drones to blow up innocent mourners at funerals.

These lies will not go unpunished.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I know the Obamabots will come running to his defense and say that it doesn't matter. But it does. It matters because he's pandering in a desperate bid to gain votes for the democrats in November. It matters because he panders and changes with the audience, just like every other stink'n politician.

I suppose the good news is that he hasn't said that God is speaking to him like others do.
At least, he isn't claiming that YET.

SIDE NOTE - Wonder if this is true, or if MIchelle is just pandering to the Catholic audience in front of her?
Michelle Obama: 'my husband always carries a picture of 'Mary, help of Christians' in his wallet
That flys in the face of Black Liberation Theology as well.

Pander or sincere? Desperate to gain votes or heart felt honesty?
Considering He is a typical politican .. considering his history and considering the situation ..
I'm going with PANDER.
Hope the folks there in New Mexico can see through this.
Hey .. the good news is this .. I think I finally found the 'transparency' Obama promised!
Transparent LIES!

Judge not, that you be not judged. Matthew 7:1

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

You don't understand the scripture quote.
Exposing lies and pandering on the part of politicians isn't 'judging'.
That's being attentive and cautious. God didn't tell us to be doormats and believe everything everyone said.
That quote of yours means don't judge if they are sinners going to hell or saints going to heaven.
Big difference.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

1 - I made nothing up. He admitted he was in the black liberation theology cult for 20 years.

Hmm.. I had to google it to make sure, but the church is named... the Trinity United Church of Christ....not the "black liberation theology cult" after further googling I discovered that the Church is the largest congregation of the "United Church of Christ, a nation-wide (predominately white) group of churches in the USA...

Maybe you could look it up yourself?

Not to mention that in the OP you declare the church "non-christian"...seriously?

So it seems that you proved yourself a liar in the same sentence that you denied being one...

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

What if I said that the teachings of Jesus Christ resonate with me, and that's why I am a Christian? Whould you doubt my profession of faith?

If I said that I attend a Christian Fellowship where were all seem to understand each other, would that cast doubt on my faith?

I am white, lesbian and Gnostic. So I guess I can't be Christian either, since I believe Christ to be the Great Liberator who frees people from the crap that prevents spiritual ascension. That's my Liberation Theology.

Am I a Christian? Others who profess faith are taken at their word; yet some of us are excluded. If Obama lied about his Christian faith, then let his god take care of it. "Judge not lest thee be judged."

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Obama: "The precepts of Jesus Christ spoke to me .. "

Amen brother.

It's too bad that your only true gods speak to you and through you via teleprompters.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
this thread proves that no matter what you say about the president, the small handful of Obama voters that don't have buyers remorse, are going to call you a bigot when you don't follow their point of view. the man has denounced christ on multiple occasions, i'm not going to waste my time researching it for you, if you can read this you have access to you tube.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by abe froman
the man has denounced christ on multiple occasions, i'm not going to waste my time researching it for you,

John Boehner, head of the GOP in the Senate has stated on numerous occasions that he hates christians and on 4 specific occasions admitted he enjoys wearing womens underwear. I'm not going to waste my time researching it for you...

Geez, this is fun.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join