It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Obama Rolling Stone interview for the 2010 midterms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Rolling Stone magazine, about as liberal as they come, is about to publish an interview with the president in it's October 15 issue. If you're so inclined, here it is. Before it's published.

The most talked about part of the interview has been a part that seems to be an 'extra' to the interview:

(Signaled by his aides, the president brings the interview to a close and leaves the Oval Office. A moment later, however, he returns to the office and says that he has one more thing to add. He speaks with intensity and passion, repeatedly stabbing the air with his finger.)

One closing remark that I want to make: It is inexcusable for any Democrat or progressive right now to stand on the sidelines in this midterm election. There may be complaints about us not having gotten certain things done, not fast enough, making certain legislative compromises. But right now, we've got a choice between a Republican Party that has moved to the right of George Bush and is looking to lock in the same policies that got us into these disasters in the first place, versus an administration that, with some admitted warts, has been the most successful administration in a generation in moving progressive agendas forward...

I won't spoil the whole thing so I encourage you to read the entire interview, followed by the final remarks at the end. It touches on just about every subject imaginable, from Afghanistan, health care, the Tea Party, to Fox news and the financial crisis. Being RS, the interview is geared toward the progressives but I'm sure the other side might enjoy picking it apart.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by links234

versus an administration that, with some admitted warts, has been the most successful administration in a generation in moving progressive agendas forward...

Aren't warts contagious?

This administration and its "progressive" agendas has been one, if not THE most destructive in the history of this country. It can be easily measured in reckless legislation and out of control debt and deficit spending, economic decline, forcing business and manufacturing overseas, allowing China to own a massive portion of US debt and the endless retraction of jobs, the destruction of the free market private sector and downfall of the middle class.

Their successes can be measured easily by indexing the pain that average Americans are dealing with daily, and in rapidly growing numbers.

The arrogance of this president to proclaim success in the midst of the worst downward economic crisis in over 50 years speaks volumes about their true intentions.

If massive expansion of government, deficit spending, growing national debt and destructive legislation in a time of deep recession are how they measure success, we (as a nation and a people) are truly F'd!

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Hope they aren't genital warts! That's okay though, his policies are the only thing of his getting near me.

He apparently doesn't read the news when it is bad, he wouldn't say this crap if he knew where his job approval rating was at, and the likelihood of anyone re-electing their current congressperson (around 30%).

S&F!

edit on 29-9-2010 by butcherguy because: word maintenance.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Be careful, this president has an internet kill switch, he can in a time of crisis or internet security threats shut down the internet for up to 90 days.

Maybe we should all talk really nice about our president and praise his successes, or else?

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

All praise dear leader! ( butcherguy bows at waist )

We must repeal the 22nd Amendment so that he may continue to lead us as long as he may live!

Now the internet is safe for the time being.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Now the internet is safe for the time being.

That is great, now if we could only say the same for our country.

Can we, as a people and nation survive this administration and congress and their great successes?

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

We must.

We weathered the Carter years, which was very bad. This administration really reminds me of Carters.

He only lasted for one term, I hope Obama resembles him in that respect also.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

It seems that peanut farming and community organizing have a lot in common eh?

I hope Americans learn well from the pain of successful progressive agendas, this time it will take many more decades to repair the damage. I'm afraid it is going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

I hope I am wrong.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I'm just going to throw this out there before you two get too into each other;

This is the best administration we've had in 100 years, if not more. He needs to get re-elected so we don't fall back into the horrible state we were in during the 1980's and the rise of the right.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by links234

Here's how it really went.....

Obama came into my office for the interview and handed me a 15 page document, telling me to make it 'fit' into the interview format. A Secret Service guard helped himself to a handful of the jolly-ranchers sitting on my desk. Suddenly Obama storms back in, wondering why he wasn't allowed to take any jolly ranchers. I informed him that he was welcome to take the rest of the bag I had in my front desk draw and then handed it to him. Obama looked pleased as he began to turn around. "Oh, and one more thing...remember that these Republicans are dangerous, real bad, like George W Bush all strung out on crack looking to rape grandmothers and whatnot, spruce that up can you?" I nodded. "Also, I'm a god-damned black FDR, you got that? No, wait, I'm a black Lincoln! Spruce that up to. And remember how dramatic this moment was." I was somewhat taken aback but couldn't help but admire the President's lack of perspiration, he left my office and I got to work.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by snusfanatic

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by links234

This is the best administration we've had in 100 years, if not more. He needs to get re-elected so we don't fall back into the horrible state we were in during the 1980's and the rise of the right.

Do you remember the Carter Administration? Our 'state' was not horrible in the 1980's. It WAS horrible in the 1970's.

I had to eat the 'government cheese' in the 1970's, and I worked 60 hour weeks for $2.00/hr. under the table. Those were NOT good years.

new topics

top topics

join