It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Casey county Kentucky woman recalls UFO encounter in 1976

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Casey woman recalls UFO encounter in 1976
www.amnews.com...

LIBERTY — A Kentucky UFO-alien abduction case caught the eye of local playwright Liz Orndorff several years ago, but she tucked her idea for a production based on the claims of three Casey County women into the back of her mind to let it simmer.

Although the incident happened more than 30 years ago, Mona Stafford — the only living witness — still hasn’t figured out how to tuck it into the back of hers.

“High Strangeness” premiers tonight at West T. Hill Community Theatre in Danville, and a few folks who attended Thursday night’s dress rehearsal said the play is not only funny but quite moving.

The alien encounter occurred Jan. 6, 1976, on Stafford’s 35th birthday. Stafford was headed to her sister’s house for dinner. She stopped at a local gas station on the way, and it was there she ran into Louise Smith, an acquaintance.

She is still alive and kicking.
Though i would recap u guys on the abduction.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

Hey thanks a lot, it is so good to hear from her. In this article it is revealed that the whole town saw the event. This is one of the best cases ever. I like the new picture. Just look at the drapes, the way people dressed back then, doesn't it seem like aliens had an effect on it all?

Here is another picture of the ladies and news interview of Mona.

www.ufocasebook.com...

edit on 14-8-2011 by greyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

Hey, thanks for posting this! I hadn't heard there would be a performance!

Did you happen to watch the news a couple weeks ago when they were discussing the abduction that supposedly happened in Lincoln county back in the... I think it was the 70's. Is this what that was about? I missed it.
Is this the same case? I'm in awe and amazed that they are actually putting on a performance about it! Are you going to go?
edit on 8/14/2011 by gemineye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Where is the article? That link only takes you to the main news page with a confusing mess of news links.

Personally I always question people "recalling" encounters 30+ years ago, as its been shown we can barely remember stuff correct from days ago.

join