It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teenager Sex With Cop's Daughter Leads To Arrest

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Y2KJMan

You can quote laws all day, there are very few people who still believe that having sex before 18 is a bad thing. Hell, I'd say that majority of the users on this site have all had sex before 18, doe's that mean we have all broke the law?

Technically, yes.

Does it mean we are all criminals? No..

Wake up a bit and start paying more attention to real "crimes"...

edit on 28/9/10 by Death_Kron because: spelling

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyTHSeed
reply to post by m0r1arty

WHY can a young woman not consent to sex but a young man can? That's sexist yo.

to put this into a parents perspective, my daughter has the capability to get pregnant, my son does not. Being a man myself, and having once been a boy, I understand what thought and urges go through a young mans mind. I also know what a young man is capable of doing with a young woman. Educate the boy, protect the girl, hope your taught them good morals. Kids will do what they want, it's your job as a parent to teach them to want to do the right thing.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

Originally posted by JohnnyTHSeed

WHY can a young woman not consent to sex but a young man can? That's sexist yo.

to put this into a parents perspective, my daughter has the capability to get pregnant, my son does not. Being a man myself, and having once been a boy, I understand what thought and urges go through a young mans mind. I also know what a young man is capable of doing with a young woman. Educate the boy, protect the girl, hope your taught them good morals. Kids will do what they want, it's your job as a parent to teach them to want to do the right thing.

What do you mean by protect the girl? I don't see why gender matters, you should educate the girl as well and hope she does what you've taught her is right, just as you would a boy.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

This isn't necessarily true though and is old school thinking in my opinion; there's many teenage girls out there who are more than willing to engage in sexual practices, even more so than some teenage boys.

I think it's wrong to stereotype and state that only teenage lads get sexual urges because the reality is that so do teenage girls. There isn't anything wrong with safe sex in my opinion and as hard as it might be for a parent to accept that his daughter is having sex, it's going to happen at some point in her life.

I don't understand the stigma associated towards teenage girls having sex, don't get me wrong I'm in no way encouraging or endorsing promiscuity but as long as the teen is informed, mature enough to understand the implications of his/her actions and uses contraception then I don't see any problem with them having sex.

Teenage boys are vilified as being little horny creatures intent on getting as many girls pregnant as possible and it's quite comical, people seriously need to wake up and accept that just as many, if not more, teenage girls want to have sex and it's possible to do in an entirely safe and acceptable manner.

By the way I've replied to your BTS cooking thread

edit on 28/9/10 by Death_Kron because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Reply to post by m0r1arty

I would never involve the law, and basically ruin someone's life by having them end up as a sex offender, for what amounts to consensual sex. I'm not debating the legal age of consent, I know, technically in the USA anyone under the age of 18 can't have sex. That's not really the point. Look at the spirit of the law and not the letter. The law is there so that when someone is raped there is legal recourse. The fact that someone under the age of 18 can't legally consent to anything, makes this more of a technicality in my book. For the record their behavior is but an instant in my teen years, and my life would be no better if any of the girl's I've dated had ever had me brought up on charges of statuatory (spelling?) rape. Simply because you can't legaly consent to ANYTHING as a minor, doesn't mean you are incapable of making your own decisions (good or bad).

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty
I am confident had that cop wanted he could have charge him, or have a colleague charge him, with statutory rape and place him on the sex offenders register for life. Had it been my daughter, and as a regular civilian, I would have pursued this to the full extent of the law and made sure he understood the gravity of his actions.

And me as the boy's father would have pressed the same charges on the girl who also had sex with a minor (statuatory rape).

It takes 2 to tango.

Why is it that the girl is always the innocent one? She had sex with a 15 year old.

The fact that a cop chose not to follow this perfectly legal judicial process when his own daughter is involved speaks volumes about good character and preserved integrity.

Please.

I'd say feed the boy to big Bubba and catch him whilst he's breaking parole for the rest of his life. Keeps crime targets up and down and keeps my daughter out of harms way.

I'd say feed the girl to big Burtha and catch her whilst she's breaking parole for the rest of her life.

Seems pretty stupid when the shoes are reversed huh?

Or am I abusing my power as a regular law abiding citizen by saying this?

Obviously you need to look into what "abuse of power" actually intails.

Hint: It has nothing to do with speaking on an internet forum. Unless somehow you have POWER over us.

Perspective guys - get some.

-m0r

Mirror guys....get one.

edit on 28-9-2010 by Nutter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
reply to post by acrux

I am with the cop as well.
The cop put the frighteners on that kid so he might think twice before he does something else stupid.
Actually, that kid was lucky the cop only did that, considering it was his daughter involved.

This is just another example of abuse of authority. Both kids were cited, not just the boy, and the cop had no right to handcuff the one and not the other. If he could have charged the kid he would have and if it weren't police abuse internal affairs wouldn't be investigating the officer. The officer is lucky he didn't actually strike the kid. Being a cop doesn't put you above the law, even if it comes to your kid. Doesn't anyone get tired of the nanny state?

..Ex

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Late to the thread but piss poor parenting on the part of the cop. Raising his kid with no sense of worth so she jumps in the hay with anyone she can.

The father should be arrested and put behind bars for poor parenting.

I feel sorry for the poor boy who just thought he was getting his ride on the cop's kid carasoul.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Nutter

The law does seem does seem to be bias in favour of the female when, in reality, there is no guilty party in this situation. If it was consensual then I don't care if it's illegal by the letter of the law, in my mind no crime has been committed.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I am concerned that the US has gradually been turning into a fascist police state over the last 30 years. It didn't happen all at once, but gradually, step-by-step, so that people hardly noticed the process. Now we're actually arguing that someone in uniform might be justified even in doing something like this instead of being outraged.

I am very worried about the furture of this society and the direction it has been heading in.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

and with him having the responsibility to drive a car et al. he should be more responsible or at least would be deemed to be by an adult panel.

Where in your little world do 15 year olds drive cars?

Not in the U.S. I can tell you.

That 15 year old boy could have been in the FBI party van if the father sought to seek incriminating actions against him and it would at least be a filled charge on his record against him. Bye bye college.

Yeah, let's ruin a kids life because no one (not even you ) has ever made a mistake at 15.

BTW, The girl is also guilty of statuatory rape if he is. Going by your logic.

edit on 28-9-2010 by Nutter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Nutter

Now that's the type of dressing down I'm prepared to acknowledge. Not agree with but at least the perspective is correct and the argument sound.

I agree that girls are just as capable as boys at seducing or taking responsibility for for underage sex initiation - but the ratio that court cases have indicated as guilty is deeply skewed against the male gender in this scenario.

Originally posted by Edews
Just replying to write that m0r1arty should be charged for idiocy. (y)

I'd like to return the sentiment of this post (of almost 3 hours c'mon mods - you're usually all over me for much less) back upon everyone who was pwned in the actual law regarding statutory rape.

Lively debate. So Pedobear anyone?

-m0r

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Even if the law says so, do YOU honestly consider a teenage who has sex with someone a year younger a pedofile?

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
To those who are trying to prove this young man or both teens broke the law:

SO WHAT? If you honestly think there are any family law/social service professionals that would even consider punishment of any significance for a 14 and 15 yr old escapade, you are completely out of touch with reality. The courts are thanking God these two are as old as they are! The family courts/ schools/ parents are dealing with 11 & 12 yr olds having sex. These two are late bloomers by today's standards.

If you don't know this by now, you either don't have kids or you are not a very informed parent.

You wanna scare em? Show them some medical books/ films of late stage syphilis or gonorrhea. You wanna help them? educate them re: safe sex, give them easier access to birth control/STD protection.

Either the kids are gonna abstain, or they're gonna do it. Do you really wanna wait till the age YOU had sex to start addressing this? Good luck.

It's called an alarm clock, people. Coffee's ready

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

A long time ago, in a different country, a committed a trespass, and a cop (likely intoxicated) fired his service weapon slightly above my head to get me scared. He did. I think that such behavior is criminal and idiotic, and just where do you draw the line?

I understand your point, however it is two completely different situations. This officer was in complete control of all of his faculties and not once as far as the article is concerned threaten or attempt bodily harm.

Some people apparently have happy lives just being superficial and not thinking hard or at all. Do you realize what kind of psychological problems the teenagers may ACQUIRE as a result of the cop's idiocy?

As I read the article, the boy stated that teen sex wasnt smart... I would applaud that response. Sex adds grownup consequences to any persons life. Can you honestly tell me that those two

... and so he screwed up as a parent and goes on to brutalize other people to shrug off the guilt. Brilliant.

So basically what you are saying is... if my kid gets into a fight I failed as a parent. I would argue that is a fallacy. It is not the what my kid does, but how I proactively and reactively tried to support a growth in the personality s/he is devoloping. Sometimes it needs bribing, sometimes discipline, and sometimes a good old fashioned scare.

Posted by Death_Kron
I'm still shocked at the comments displayed in that post by Y2KJman...

He's almost displaying an incestous possessiveness over his daughters.

Seriously? So because I have a morality that states that pre-marital sex is wrong, and curbing it is a priority... then I am incestuous? I am over protective, and will act on that. My blood is infinitely more precious to me than anyone elses blood. This is not incest. It is the unconditional love that I share with my children, that will never change.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by King_John

Do you consider James Bulger's killers murderers or just kids having fun?

The law is much more than opinion on a fruityloop forum.

-m0r

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Y2KJMan
Seriously? So because I have a morality that states that pre-marital sex is wrong, and curbing it is a priority... then I am incestuous? I am over protective, and will act on that. My blood is infinitely more precious to me than anyone elses blood. This is not incest. It is the unconditional love that I share with my children, that will never change.

Well then you have a very old fashioned way of thinking in my view...

There's nothing wrong with having sex before your married, it's a normal part of sexual development. Imagine being a virgin until your wedding night, romantic you say? No, more like a complete flop... you would have no experience what so ever of how to pleasure your partner or enjoy sex with each other.

Sex is like anything, you get better at it the more you do it, especially when it's with a long term partner as you learn what turns each other on and your personal preferences of how to do certain things, your supposed to communicate with each other and learn how to satisfy each other to the maximum degree possible.

Just because you believe pre-marital sex is wrong doesn't mean you should bring your children up like that, surely it should be for them to decide?

There's thousands of users on this site and I'll bet my house that they had sex before 18 and before they were married.

I don't see how anyone can find anything wrong with two people who love each other having sex, what if you only get married at 30? That's a long time you've been missing out on having pleasure, fun and physical love with your partner.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

-m0r

That's a stupid and extremely narrow minded comment.

If you can't differentiate between consensual sex between two teenagers and two mentally disturbed individuals sexually abusing a young boy then you need help.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
This is ridiculous. The guy was maybe a year year older and clearly broke no law and if he did than the daughter did to. This cop took advantage of his power and position, this is why so many americans see cops are crooked. Not all cops are this way but the ones that are give a bad rep to them all.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

-m0r

Yep because that is an apples to apples comparison isn't it? Both parties were consenting, and neither were over 18, I just don't see how either one is a pedophile.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join