It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teenager Sex With Cop's Daughter Leads To Arrest

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
reply to post by MilzGatez

Well, where you come from...maybe dads don't do anything to protect their daughters.

If you read my original reply, Dads DO take care of their own problems. However, there are many options... and calling a friend to help out is not unusual.

What do you think people really talk about over golf, fishing, and lunch? Sometimes it is about a hunting trip or getting together for the big game...sometimes it is about an upcoming job or contract or business connection...sometimes it is about looking out for family members. Maybe its giving someone's kid a break on a first job, or helping an opportunity move in their direction...sometimes it is about looking out for your kids.

Again, this goes on everyday and around the world in one form or another. Smallest village to the biggest city.

LOL hmm I know what you getting at but where I come from aka what I believe in,Protecting our daughters isnt when she decided to screw another kid and I got to use my power as a STATE Worker to put fear in another person. I would take actions the best way I know how without having anyone else involve with a FAMILY ISSUE And I'm on this subject, I see you trying to flip it to another.

The end of this story is....

That COP did something that he shouldnt have done over an isolated family issue.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by tebyen

Originally posted by havenvideo
A couple people in this thread are just ridiculous, claiming it was statutory rape...

California state law says it was statutory rape.

The pertinent information:

Section 261.5.

(a) Unlawful sexual intercourse is an act of sexual intercourse accomplished with a person who is not the spouse of the perpetrator, if the person is a minor. For the purposes of this section, a "minor" is a person under the age of 18 years and an "adult" is a person who is at least 18 years of age.

(b) Any person who engages in an act of unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor who is not more than three years older or three years younger than the perpetrator, is guilty of a misdemeanor.

So according to this, both of the teens are guilty of a misdemeanor charge of statutory rape.

hmm according to that doesnt mean both are guilty of a misdemeanor..As it states " an act of unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor who is not more than three years older or three years younger than the perpetrator" none of these kids were more than 3 years older from each other... they are still within the age range,very very very close. 14 and 15 (less than one year apart, from a few weeks to a few months within just one year)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   

It seems that we're trying to disagree even though we agree...

I conceed your point of view as I do agree with you and have done as much. What happens in my family, stays in my family.

However, there are those people...dads and moms that would use the powers at hand to "react' to a situation with their daughter....ie..Wanna screw with Maffia Boss's daughter? ...I don't think so. A Cheif of police or Mayor's daughter?...better move away fast. How about a Union Boss...or the head of the KKK...hell, naw.

All I am saying...boys and girls will be boys and girls...always have and always will...and Dads will be Dads...in one fashion or another.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone

It seems that we're trying to disagree even though we agree...

I conceed your point of view as I do agree with you and have done as much. What happens in my family, stays in my family.

However, there are those people...dads and moms that would use the powers at hand to "react' to a situation with their daughter....ie..Wanna screw with Maffia Boss's daughter? ...I don't think so. A Cheif of police or Mayor's daughter?...better move away fast. How about a Union Boss...or the head of the KKK...hell, naw.

All I am saying...boys and girls will be boys and girls...always have and always will...and Dads will be Dads...in one fashion or another.

Yeah but you speaking about people with power and could be brainwashed by the power they have. I'm here speaking about the normal fathers who dont have that mentally or status but has the power of being a parent, a great parent at that to educate their children and hope they take our advices and do whats right and moral, Can we both agree on my statement?

cause I agree boys and girls will always be that

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Umm, hello? Teenagers have sex all the time, whether their parents want them to or not.

The cop went overboard here. He was not on duty and he had no right to place anyone under arrest for such a silly thing. While he was "scaring" this teen, a real crime was being committed elsewhere.

edit on 28-9-2010 by The Sword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Explanation: I had a very long talk with a close contact after I posted to this thread and they gave me some welcomed perspective... maybe the cop was asked by the boys parents to scare him straight...maybe the boys parents are friends of the cop???

But then I went back to the ORIGINAL article ...

Boy wants officer to go to jail for fake arrest. (By Sean Webby Posted: 09/24/2010 05:04:35 PM PDT Updated: 09/25/2010 12:01:26 AM PDT) [mercurynews.com]

Where it becomes fully transparent that the officer was acting so far out of line as to be obscenely misappropriate!

Here is why...

But the Villarruels say that the officer had no permission to intervene with their son, pretend to arrest him or come into their home.

"We thought he was there to arrest our son,'' the boy's mother said. "He was in full cop mode the whole time."

... And ...

"When first interviewed for this story earlier in the week, police told the Mercury News that there was no specific written policy that dealt with officers investigating cases in which there is a personal conflict. The Mercury News has since discovered a policy that states officers "will avoid becoming officially involved in quarrels or disputes occurring in their own neighborhoods, unless the incident involves an immediate threat to human life."

There is also a section of the officer's code of ethics which states: "I will never act officiously or permit personal feelings, prejudices, animosities, or friendships to influence my decisions."

But maybe some unexpected good has come out of it....

The teenage boy later wrote down his thoughts about the traumatic day: "My mind keeps playing back the words 'piece of (expletive).' I don't know if that is true or not. I'm constantly being mean to my little cousin ... abusing my power. Like what (the officer) did. But I don't want to be like that."

Personal Disclosure: The cops personal bias in this case shows a clear case of conflict of interest!

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I'm on the fence with this one.

On one hand, the policeman clearly overstepped the mark and abused his position of authority.

On the other hand, policemen are human beings too, and his actions were perhaps understandable considering the emotional and personal nature of the issue.

I suppose people will say that policemen are paid to act professionally, and not yet these kinds of issues interfere with carrying out their job and their position of responsibility. This is true, but I hope people don't use this particular incident to tar the police as a whole.

There's also the fact that he probably felt bad about his own parental skills, or that he felt he let his daughter down, when she was having sex at 14.

Sadly, it's a common feature of human nature to lash out at somebody else, rather than facing up to our own shortcomings.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Thank you for tracing the original source.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
There seems to be a lot of negativity and a lack of understanding in this thread with regards to sexual relationships.

If the sex was consensual then so what? No one's been harmed... A lot of people seem to have a problem with teenagers having sex so young but I've been sexually active since I was 13 and it's never done me any harm (in fact I'd say it's done me good)

As long as the sex was consensual and the two individuals are intelligent/mature enough to use contraception then I really don't see an issue. I've never made a girl pregnant, there's a thing called condoms you know...

With regards to the cop, yes he abused his power of authority and running around screaming things like "a cops daughter isn't someone you want to mess with" gives a clear indication about his mentality.

He obviously feels like because he is a cop he's above the law, it's these type of characters that society needs to look out for because it's the exact same mindset that cause's these people to unlawfully use violence against members of the public or worse...

The cops daughter is just the same as any other 14 year old girl, just because her fathers occupation is a law enforcement officer doesn't mean anything!

Edit to add: I find it slightly amusing that some people on here are practically dictating when another human being should be allowed to have sexual intercourse, obviously I don't want to see 9 year olds having sex but if a teenager at 13 is mature enough, understands his actions and takes the necessary precautions then why is it wrong for he/she to have sex?

If you don't think it's right for a teenager to have sex at 14 then what age do you think it's acceptable? 15?, 16?. 17?, 18?, 19?

See my point?

edit on 28/9/10 by Death_Kron because: added a teenage sex rant

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos
Explanation: I had a very long talk with a close contact after I posted to this thread and they gave me some welcomed perspective... maybe the cop was asked by the boys parents to scare him straight...maybe the boys parents are friends of the cop???

Even if that was the case I don't think it's fair for anyone to scare someone for committing a natural act such as sexual intecourse...

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

Even if that was the case I don't think it's fair for anyone to scare someone for committing a natural act such as sexual intecourse...

Religions of all different shapes & sizes have been trying that one on humanity, since the dawn of time.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Satements from lawyers from sides of the story.

www.mercurynews.com...

"The part that disturbs me the most is there is a man in a uniform with his hand on the gun towering over a kid and telling him that he was stupid to mess with a cop's daughter," Tony Boskovich, an attorney representing the boy's family, said. "What right does he have to use his uniform, his gun, his handcuffs if all he is is a dad?''

Terry Bowman, the lawyer representing the officer, said: "Most people can understand how this father felt and why he did what he did. It is a shame if the young man's parents lose sight of the importance of the message because they have chosen to focus on what the girl's father was wearing."

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Just replying to write that m0r1arty should be charged for idiocy. (y)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by acrux
Religions of all different shapes & sizes have been trying that one on humanity, since the dawn of time.

Or in some cases used as an excuse for terrible sexual practices to take place...

You can't win with religion

edit on 28/9/10 by Death_Kron because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

Haha! So funny! My friends a hunter and was cleaning his own dear out back one day. The young man rang the bell, I'm sure very excited about his 1st date with this girl. My friend answered the door in a blood splattered apron and a meat cleaver...lmfao. Not only did that boy not want to date her the other school boys stayed far away as well!!

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Are you all so daft as to not see the law as was posted? It clearly shows that it was against the law, the fact that he was not charged by the father means that he was truly trying to scare the kid and not overstepping his bounds. Kind of funny that when his parent complained, his son was charged as a sex offender.

OMG!!!1!111!!!1! You scared our son! Now we sue!

Too bad they didnt think it through enough to realize that this can seriously impact the REST of his life.

I have 2 daughters and possible another on the way, I swear to God, if any boy or man tries to do this #... it wont just be a scare. There will be missing persons reports filed.

I applaud his restraint, and I also applaud the effectiveness. He was able to scare both his daughter and the boy, possibly saving them from teen pregnancy or other problems. All in the course of one night.

If you had sex at that age fine, if you like little girls... fine. That is your business. This was HIS daughter, not yours. It truly is none of any of our business.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Y2KJMan

Are you for real? Seriously....?

People "would start going missing" if some male had sex with your daughter? She'll have sex eventually mate, what are you going to do? Ban her from sex all her life?

Maybe if parents like yourself spent more time educating their children on how to engage in safe sex rather than protect "daddy's little girl" there would be less teen pregnancies and STI's/STD's.

You do realise not educating a teen on an issue or banning them from doing so will only make them want to do it more and rebel???

Edit to add: How on earth can you say that if like sex at that age then fine "if you like little girls"???? There was a 1 year age gap between the pair, 1 year.

Because I was 6 months older than the girl I had sex with at 13 I'm suddenly now a pedophile who likes little girls?

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Y2KJMan
OMG!!!1!111!!!1! You scared our son! Now we sue!

A long time ago, in a different country, a committed a trespass, and a cop (likely intoxicated) fired his service weapon slightly above my head to get me scared. He did. I think that such behavior is criminal and idiotic, and just where do you draw the line?

I have 2 daughters and possible another on the way, I swear to God, if any boy or man tries to do this #... it wont just be a scare. There will be missing persons reports filed.

So you are confessing right here on ATS that you would murder a teenage boy? Please seek help. You need it.

I'm also a father of two daughters and yes, this is a challenging position.

He was able to scare both his daughter and the boy, possibly saving them from teen pregnancy or other problems.

Some people apparently have happy lives just being superficial and not thinking hard or at all. Do you realize what kind of psychological problems the teenagers may ACQUIRE as a result of the cop's idiocy?

This was HIS daughter, not yours.

... and so he screwed up as a parent and goes on to brutalize other people to shrug off the guilt. Brilliant.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

I'm still shocked at the comments displayed in that post by Y2KJman...

He's almost displaying an incestous possessiveness over his daughters.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by MilzGatez
hmm according to that doesnt mean both are guilty of a misdemeanor..As it states " an act of unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor who is not more than three years older or three years younger than the perpetrator" none of these kids were more than 3 years older from each other... they are still within the age range,very very very close. 14 and 15 (less than one year apart, from a few weeks to a few months within just one year)

You are wrong in your assessment

Section 261.5.

(a) Unlawful sexual intercourse is an act of sexual intercourse accomplished with a person who is not the spouse of the perpetrator, if the person is a minor. For the purposes of this section, a "minor" is a person under the age of 18 years and an "adult" is a person who is at least 18 years of age.

-This sets the legal age. Anyone under 18 is not of the age of consent PERIOD, there is no ambiguity in section (a).

(b) Any person who engages in an act of unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor who is not more than three years older or three years younger than the perpetrator, is guilty of a misdemeanor.

-This states that minors that are LESS THAN (3) years of age of each other are guilty of a misdemeanor.
-Note that it does not specify the charges of those GREATER THAN (3) years of each other. I would suspect that it would be a felony offense at this point.

Please read, and reread before you reply. Comprehension is a major part of any discussion, especially one with legal ramifications.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join