It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New member GingerGuidance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Hello i'm GingerGuidance you can just call me Ginger. I'm a male, I've been researching ATS and all it has to offer for information and let me tell you i'm very glad. I also noticed you guys talk about dreams and such. That is when i decided to make an account. Because i've had plenty of dreams, not of prophecy or prediction. But they consist of ways I die. Let me elaborate 3 of these dreams for you.

One of the dreams (seems cliche for a 19 year old to think of it but bare with me) is of me standing outside i don't know where. I'm usually looking to the sky watching a bomb fall and boom I wake up. So obviously it's a dream of a nuclear explosion. I've had a few of these dreams, they aren't consistant.

Another is i'm on a boat, a big one and it starts tipping side to side and this is where i start to feel anxiety in my dream and once the boat tips i awake sweaty and a bit unerved.

This third one is a bit morbid but I think I should include it. Its of me sitting alone in a dark room, someone comes walking in i can't see their face just the figure and it starts to feel like i'm being stabbed all over my body and i wake up. Ever have one of those dreams where you get stabbed/shot and you feel it in your dream? this was like that only all over my body.

I've tried telling my parents/friends about these dreams they just say "thats messed up" or "stop worrying" And maybe it is just me worrying in the back of my mind, i'm unsure. Thought since ATS has gaven me so much info on this corrupted world maybe it could shed some light on my dreams.

Thank You.
Ginger

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Welcome Ginger and thanks for sharing your experiences, you should get some colorful responses in the dreams/predictions forum, and hopefully some replies that help.
Enjoy your truth pursuit and we'll cya on the boards!

Peace,
spec

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS and as far as your dreams, I wouldn't worry about them. We all have dreams that we can remember at one time or another and if I had to bet, it's your own anxiety that's causing them to be morbid. Of course I'm not a believer in dreams meaning anything other than what is already in your mind, though to each their own. Maybe some members here might have a better answer for you or even an answer that is more of your liking and possibly more accurate, but that's my take on it anyway.

I'm sure you'll find what you are looking for and then some, as ATS seems to have something for everyone. My best advice is to stay open-minded, rational and always rely on your own research before coming to any absolute conclusions. Use other people's research as a guide to your own. This is really advice for everything, not just ATS. The most important thing to remember, is to have fun. Stay vigilant young warrior, keep your eye on the ball and don't forget to have a blast, the rest will come along naturally.

Anyway, I'll see you around.

--airspoon

edit on 26-9-2010 by airspoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Thanks for all the advice, and that was my first conclusion. My anxiety, I could say i was one of the children that they inflicted fear in, I slowly got over it. Had my anxiety attacks but i've broken through my illness with help from friends getting over it and embracing the new things. Maybe a bit of the anxiety has stayed with me in the back of my mind. I will be doing my own research of course thanks again for your support.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by GingerGuidance

Dear Ginger,

Over the last several years I have had very vivid dreams of nuclear war.

The dream is always exactly the same and I experience all five senses. I dream in color always. my husband dreams in black and white.

Universal consciousness of a possible timeline? precog? over active imagination? Past / future life rememberance (time is irrelevant).

Possibly because we are all aware of the news and how events globally are changing so rapidly every day we dream to subconsciously "work out" our pent up stress.

Who knows.

Try keeping a dream journal.

A Dream within a dream
Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
Thus much let me avow--
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream;
Yet if hope has flown away
In a night, or in a day,
In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

I stand amid the roar
Of a surf-tormented shore,
And I hold within my hand
Grains of the golden sand--
How few! yet how they creep
Through my fingers to the deep,
While I weep--while I weep!
O God! can I not grasp
Them with a tighter clasp?
O God! can I not save
One from the pitiless wave?
Is all that we see or seem
But a dream within a dream?

- Edgar Allan Poe

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bb0f105b59b1.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
You know, I think it is rare for people to dream of their own deaths. Maybe more ATSers have, but generally I would think it's a somewhat unique trait. Look into your reactions maybe. I guess you were afraid during the boat one, but were you on the others? But your reactions are probably effected a lot by your mindstate you were in when you fell asleep, or the level of anxiety in your body. It won't necessarily show you for sure how you would "handle death," but it could be an interesting thing to examine.

I have had a few. I remember one when I was around 14. I was laying in a casket, dead, but I had to fold my arms over my chest in order to die and be released and move on. Maybe they were my spirit arms, dreams don't always make sense. Most recently I had one where I was shot in the chest, I did not think I was dreaming, it was interesting what I was thinking. I wasn't hurting (much) and I was glad to go in a way that wasn't painful and I was going to die clear-headed. I don't think the dying scares me but pain seems to.

You feel the stabs and gunshots in your dreams, I usually don't feel mine. Sometimes it might feel like scratches, like being clawed by a cat real hard, but nothing serious.

You just helped me think of a way to see about facing physical pain in my dreams. That's what's great about discussing dreams, we give eachother ideas. Talking about dreams can also help you to dream more.

I think dreaming of your own death could also mean your mind is exploring things outside the norm. To even think about death to some, is weird. There are always those social taboos you know, like thinking for yourself, religious/personal freedom, being true to yourself, philosophy/spirituality, dreaming itself lol. You don't really have to go that far to get outside of the norm. Don't let the "that's messed up" (from your RL friends and family)replies let you down, you can dig pretty deeply into just about any dream experience. It might be fun to see what the dream interpretation websites say about dreaming of death too.

Edit: I liked this one, taken from dreammoods.com...: "To dream of your own death, indicates a transitional phase in your life. You are becoming more enlightened or spiritual. Alternatively, you are trying desperately to escape the demands of your daily life. " dreammoods.com... - That's the sort of thing I was hinting at when I said your mind may be exploring things.

edit on 28-9-2010 by Novise because: To add a generic dream interpretation from a website.

edit on 28-9-2010 by Novise because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
"To dream of your own death, indicates a transitional phase in your life. You are becoming more enlightened or spiritual. Alternatively, you are trying desperately to escape the demands of your daily life."

Now thats very erie, I have alot of demands in my daily life of course personal but I can see how they could interfere with my dreams and its also funny how you say transitional because I had just graduated high school when I had the dream of the figure and to reply on my emotions the boat one was the worse, something about being on a boat right before it tips... brrr.

But the other two of course i was quite nervous in the dreams but never scared if anything I embrace death/2012 nowadays, Amazing how many people feel alone when it comes to this kinda thing, Just godda know the right sites and the right people, Dreams come in many shapes and sizes, guess its up to us to decide what they mean.

Thanks for all of your help,
Ginger

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by GingerGuidance

But the other two of course i was quite nervous in the dreams but never scared if anything I embrace death/2012 nowadays, Amazing how many people feel alone when it comes to this kinda thing, Just godda know the right sites and the right people, Dreams come in many shapes and sizes, guess its up to us to decide what they mean.

Thanks for all of your help,
Ginger

It is up to us to decide what our own dreams mean ultimately, I agree. What's good is you are not just pushing them under the rug and you aren't denying an important aspect of your life. Always be honest with yourself and explore things and behind even the ugliest rocks, you can find beauty hiding behind them. Just here we had some scary dreams of death, but I think they are a sign of things that may not always be easy (spiritual growth, transitional stages in life), but are good things.

top topics

join