It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman sues Dallas hospital

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
CBS News

A North Texas woman is suing Medical City Dallasfor ruining her reputation, credit history and medical record following an alleged records mix-up.

As read on it is more disturbing. I became aware of this when I met "B" before the newscast.

I saw this on the news last night and decided after reading all the obamacare things I would post this. There are a lot details that this report watered down. They where quite ugly with her, and hippa was ignored.

She is also suing them in federal court.

I will add that from what she has said it has been a nightmare. From everything I have seen she is one of the nicer people on the planet. I hope she wipes the floor with them. All it took was less then five minutes to fix.

this is there spin on it

"Unfortunately,it is not uncommon in situations where a psychiatric patient is brought in by the police that it is difficult to get an accurate identity from the patient. We are working diligently and in good faith to resolve this instance of record misidentification. We regret the frustration this confusion has caused the plaintiff and we, of course, will not hold her responsible for anyone else's charges."

It sounds like spin to me.

Her attorney, Larry Friedman, is hopeful the suit will force the hospital to make changes and prevent others from experiencing a similar nightmare.

Larry Friedman Googled

I am glad she has a good attorney.

It is things like this that make me wonder what this country is coming to. This lady is a good christian and not one of themultiple hypocrites I have ran across. It is coming as a Pagan who has seen many things. I vouch for her and tell you she is honest.

I post this because she wants everyone to be informed and to take a look at their own medical and credit records. She hopes "it will help stop this from happening to you."

edit on 25-9-2010 by ripcontrol because: fixing language expression

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Can you expand on this a little please:

It is things like this that make me wonder what this country is coming to. This lady is a good christian and not one of the hypocrites I have ran across. It is coming a Pagan who has seen many things. I vouch for her and tell you she is honest.

I don't understand *what* is becoming (I'm guessing that is what you meant) a Pagan that has seen many things.

Thank you

Also, how would you prefer the hospital staff handle this? I believe the spokesperson when they state that getting an accurate identification from a psych patient isn't always possible at first. Makes sense to me. Sounds like a horrible mix-up that they are working to fix. Or did I miss something?

edit on 25-9-2010 by Alora because: to add a new paragraph

edit on 25-9-2010 by Alora because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Alora

I wonder this country is coming to when it seems more and more good people are being done wrong.

As a pagan I have ran across very few good souls who where christian. She in fact is only one of five I have every run across who is practicing what they believe as christians.

They have not started working on it. She asked me not to speak of some the details she had told me earlier because the hospital was on tape. It is evidence going to be used in court. They lied completely. The only reason they are doing anything at all is because she threatened and is suing them.

As for the psych info on being committed. It is true, but she has been trying to get them to correct it for a long while. The police, creditors, and the hospital itself will not budge. The admitting part is true the problem is fixing it.

I tried to find the court case number so I could post a link so it could be followed but I cant find it. I wanted that link so the case could be followed.

I want to note this is not the first case I have heard of a hospital and its personnel misusing there access to hurt people and do a passive aggressive acts on people. its the third...

The other thing I got out of this was that the hospitals only use hippa to cya not protect your info. You might want to all check whats in your records and who has accessed them. I already that this morning.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
i used to work for the department of mental health in santa clara county and if they violated hippa its like the congress or whatnot just threw out the consitution as hipa is like the bible to those in health industries so if that was vololated in any way some one is gonna swing for it no matter what at least for the violation

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

If you dont mind me asking what are the penalties for these violation in criminal court. I have friend who has someone directly on this in a separate matter....

top topics

join