It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds of Bibles Burned in Iran

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Im going to start burning harry potter books because there against all religions.. NOW WHOS WITH MEH

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I think the answer you are looking for is when the military does it, we dont go on tv praising allah that we killed an infidel. If you prefer their Sharia law though more power to you. They excesize due process to such an extent, that if a man accuses a woman of being unfaithful, thats the whole trial.

Actually you do, you go on TV and praise you killed a terrorist.

I don't think there is any video of terrorists praising the murder of innocent people, that is just BS propaganda lol..

That is like me saying the US military is laughing and praising the murder of innocent Iraqi civilians, here is the video:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I don't recall seeing an International uproar over this? Why is that?

Because when people burn the Bible there aren't death threats and bombings. There aren't many modern day Christians going around blowing people up, this is because mainstream Christianity has progressed alongside Western "values" just as Moderate Islam has adapted to the Western World. But over in hardcore Islamic Theocracies things are a bit different. No one is getting blown up from the burning of a Bible, I mean there's one in every hotel room... Not that that's an excuse to obey the whim of angry Muslims but let's face it no American troops are going to face retaliation when a Bible gets burned, but they will when a Koran does...

Now personally I think that radical Islam needs to lighten up BIG TIME, but of course they wouldn't be called Radicals if they did.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Most Muslims see the invasion of Muslim nations by the US, as a Crusade against Islam. Hence the war against Radical Islam, is the war against Islam, by the Radical Christians//

Funny how
Christian soldiers kill thousands of innocent people and you ignore the fact that they are Christians, but when Muslims do it, it is a whole different thing right

Your assumption that all US soldiers are christian is beyond absurd. In addition, you're suggesting that the United States has started a holy war against muslims...this is equally absurd. There are soldiers of every faith and no faith in the US military and if you have a shred of common sense, you must know that. Stop the lies.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I am completely indifferent to this.

I honestly don't care one way or the other.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

That is exactly how it looks from ignorant point of view, and the same can be said when Americans talk about the BS holly war Muslims supposedly waged on them:

Christianity: (82.3%[9])
Unaffiliated, including atheist or agnostic (11.6%%[9])
Judaism (1.2%[3] to 2.2%[9])
Islam (0.6%[9][3] to 1.6%)
Buddhism (0.5%[3] to 0.9%)
Hinduism (0.4%)
other (1.4%)

en.wikipedia.org...

Counter propaganda with propaganda.

Iran:

Most Iranians are Muslims; 90% belong to the Shi'a branch of Islam, the official state religion, and about 8% belong to the Sunni branch of Islam. The remaining 2% are non-Muslim religious minorities, including Bahá'ís, Mandeans, Yarsanis, Zoroastrians, Jews, and Christians.[1]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

So let me see if I got this right.

If its a video showing extremists cutting off the heads of innocent people, civilians, or video showing extremists setting off a roadside bomb to kill people, or all the videos that the suicide bombers made before they blew themselves up in the market place, and praising Allah, its propoganda BS.

If its a video showing Military people killing people, its 100 percent authentic and a horrible crime.

Seriously, that is the argument you just made....

biased much?

edit on 28-9-2010 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

BS holy war???

AL QAEDA'S FATWA

The following text is the second fatwa originally published on February 23, 1998, to declare a holy war, or jihad, against the West and Israel.

The ruling to kill the Americans and their allies -- civilians and military -- is an individual duty for every Muslim who can do it in any country in which it is possible to do it, in order to liberate the al-Aqsa Mosque and the holy mosque [Mecca] from their grip, and in order for their armies to move out of all the lands of Islam, defeated and unable to threaten any Muslim. This is in accordance with the words of Almighty God, "and fight the pagans all together as they fight you all together," and "fight them until there is no more tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in God."

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
ooooooooooooozy.

u suk,

what were we talking about?

o ya bibles, pronounced bipples.

china is coming and i will be right there.

better build a reed boat and sail for egipt.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Hmmm.

I can't find this story anywhere else.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

No...the Quran doesn't contain the Old/New Testament, so there's a difference. Christians don't respect the Quran at all, Muslims, by their very dogma, are supposed to revere the New Testament and Jesus as a Prophet. Why burn Jesus's book, no matter what people do? In a sense, for a Muslim burning a Bible is like burning a Quran.

Not too bright...

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
If burning Bibles helps reduce their hostility and gives them an outlet to express it without killing or maiming people, then more power to them.

Hope it gives them a sense of release and accomplishment. Maybe some of their hatred will go up in smoke and ash. Let's hope.

(I'm trying to look on the bright side.)

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Being a atheist, burning the Bible or the Quran has no more significance to me than burning the Hungry Caterpillar or a Harry Potter. They are just books, stories.

I see this as all madness.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghaleon12

No...the Quran doesn't contain the Old/New Testament, so there's a difference. Christians don't respect the Quran at all, Muslims, by their very dogma, are supposed to revere the New Testament and Jesus as a Prophet. Why burn Jesus's book, no matter what people do? In a sense, for a Muslim burning a Bible is like burning a Quran.

Not too bright...

What I actually meant was that they are putting their hatred first.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

Not too bright...

Hatred vs. what though? Christians are supposed to be indifferent to the Quran, there is nothing that it contains that is deemed valuable to Christians. Muslims on the other hand do value the Old and New Testament, so why would they choose to let their anger overcome them and burn the Bible to upset Christians, when that very same Bible contains, according to Islam, the message of God that was given to Jesus?

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

Not too bright...

Hatred vs. what though? Christians are supposed to be indifferent to the Quran, there is nothing that it contains that is deemed valuable to Christians. Muslims on the other hand do value the Old and New Testament, so why would they choose to let their anger overcome them and burn the Bible to upset Christians, when that very same Bible contains, according to Islam, the message of God that was given to Jesus?

I would have thought it was clear what I meant. Hatred and revenge before religious beliefs. Just like the pastor did. For me book is is irrelevant. The Pastor's actions were fuelled by hatred, as were those of the Muslims you refer to, irrespective of the fact that the Pastor's religion is supposed to teach love, and the Muslim religion respects the NT.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

I think I've made it clear what I was saying originally. The Muslims that are burning books are choosing their hate for people over the love of God. Reason? According to their own beliefs, the book they are burning has God, in the form of Jesus, in it. Yet they're basically saying "Screw God, I'm burning this book to bother Christians". Why should any Muslim burn a book that has their God in it? So it doesn't make any sense, logically speaking. There's no inconsistencies for a Christian to burn a Quran though, seeing as how it has no connection to Christianity in an orthodox sense. So there is a difference between what the pastor from Florida was planning on doing, and this. Should be fairly obvious.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   

I think I've made it clear what I was saying originally. The Muslims that are burning books are choosing their hate for people over the love of God. Reason? According to their own beliefs, the book they are burning has God, in the form of Jesus, in it. Yet they're basically saying "Screw God, I'm burning this book to bother Christians". Why should any Muslim burn a book that has their God in it? So it doesn't make any sense, logically speaking. There's no inconsistencies for a Christian to burn a Quran though, seeing as how it has no connection to Christianity in an orthodox sense. So there is a difference between what the pastor from Florida was planning on doing, and this. Should be fairly obvious.

I acknowledge and respect that you hold that view. All's good.
edit on 1-11-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   

They are free to burn any book they want. Why the fuss, if they do not like our bible, so what, they can burn it if they want.

I doubt the catholic church will care.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

My wholehearted reply to this is "So???"

I thought the point was that we are better than some backwards country that is lost in Shariah law?!?

One would expect us to hold ourselves to our own standards and not stoop to theirs.

You are better? ha don't make me laugh the likes of the Westborough Baptist Church make your country look like the stereotype that gets more accurate with each passing day. I say good on iran however it would be more productive to burn the copies of the Koran abandon sharia law and stop looking back on science as if it was some mystical force reather than a wonder of logic. Also some deely about free speech wouldn't hurt.

In short iran has it's failings but as does the USA and without mentioning the dark ages or the crusades Christians love to leave out on their fundamentalist conversions that set the west back a thousand years i think i can safely say a few more atheists were deconverted today and is a great day for logic.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join