It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steering Error Sank The Titanic, Says Author

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Steering Error Sank The Titanic, Says Author

A steering error, followed by the deliberate decision to continue sailing, sank the Titanic in the icy waters of the North Atlantic, according to the granddaughter of the ocean liner's second officer. Louise Patten, a British novelist and granddaughter of Charles Lightoller, the most senior Titanic officer to have survived the disaster, claims in her new book, "Good as Gold," that the truth behind the sinking of the liner was intentionally buried.

All these decades later and they are still trying to figure the hows and whys the Titanic sank. I'm not sure if I buy her story. [I'm sure they would love for some to buy the book] It could be true. The ship turned the wrong way? [The steersman panicked and the real reason why Titanic hit the iceberg] I thought it was interesting non the less.
Link to Video...

Your thoughts?

edit on 23-9-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I think that the steering ( or lack thereof) is a moot point.

With how large the Titanic was, it was paramount to avoid icebergs long before it became a "panic" situation.

These ships didn't turn on dimes.

If anybody was at fault it would have been the Captain (who dictated the course) or the watchmen (who's job was to watch for icebergs).

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by peck420

Well I remember reading someplace that it is a well known fact that the steering [rudder/rudders]? were way too small for a ship of that size. So in the end it may not have mattered which direction they turned, it wouldnt of had the time to avoid the Ice.

You're probably right.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Heard about this on the news.
Thanks for the post SLAYER69.

I know we had no mk ultra back then but maybe someone was trying
none the less. The Titanic 1912 disaster killed Jacob Astor and wonder
if that was planned by some evil conspiracy.
Perhaps the last big funder of Tesla and thus leading to a sale of his
technology to Germany in 1914.
And the rest is history.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Thanks for the post Slayer69,
I'm pretty sure you can't blame it all on one person, they did have look outs, and I just get this feeling, (don't know where from, but I have it), that there was something or someone on The Titanic that somebody didn't want leaving. I smell a rat with the whole Titanic thing, and I'm sorry, but I just cannot accept this story as the main, and only reason The Unsinkable sunk. I mean, why wait this long to state apparent the obvious? That just further lets me know a coverup is in play here.

btw, this is like the 3rd or 4th post on the Titanic now, with this story.
Mods?

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
Heard about this on the news.
Thanks for the post SLAYER69.

I know we had no mk ultra back then but maybe someone was trying
none the less. The Titanic 1912 disaster killed Jacob Astor and wonder
if that was planned by some evil conspiracy.
Perhaps the last big funder of Tesla and thus leading to a sale of his
technology to Germany in 1914.
And the rest is history.

I read it was J.P. Morgan (who owned White Star Lines?) that set it up, as Astor was against the Federal Reserve---signed into effect 1913. Morgan was to take the journey but backed out at the last minute and even removed all his expensive artwork from making the journey. The Captain, forget his name, loyal to Morgan, had made 36 crossings and knew all the icebergs areas. It was deliberate to steer into one.

Also the ship was weakly constucted, in certain areas, to guarantee sinking on purpose, for this was planned.

That was an Internent posting somewhere.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

From the very moment The Titanic was hailed as being "unsinkable" she was doomed. Especially considering the massive pressure that was put upon all those involved in her maiden voyage, which makes decisions like the one below hardly surprising.

Lightoller was the only survivor to know that after the iceberg was hit, Bruce Ismay, chairman of Titanic's owner, the White Star Line, persuaded Captain Smith to continue sailing. - (source)

People tend to forget that it took the ship nearly three hours to sink, which means that if they had come to a stop immediately it is very possible that it would have lasted much longer. Which would obviously have saved many lives.

Another interesting point regarding the whole Titanic saga is the cancellation of J.P Morgan, who was due to take part in the maiden voyage...

Banker J. P. Morgan was scheduled to travel on the maiden voyage, but cancelled at the last minute. - Wiki

This is made even more intriguing when taking the following into account...

From the bridge, the lights of a nearby ship could be seen off the port side. The identity of this ship remains a mystery but there have been theories suggesting that it was probably either SS Californian or a sealer called Samson. - Wiki

And who owns the SS Californian?

Californian was a British steamship owned by the Leyland Line, part of J.P.Morgan's International Mercantile Marine Co., and was constructed by the Caledon Shipbuilding & Engineering Company in Dundee, Scotland. - Wiki

Several of the SS Californian's crew have since stated that the ship had refused aid to the Titanic.

It's all very fishy if you ask me.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
There was a TV special that blamed the captain that was retiring.
And the sale was set to go the highest route to show off the ships invisibility.
Well I see perhaps insurance claims might have made them so bold.
A tragic loss that set in action Sarnoff at the telegraph key on the way to
building RCA Radio and TV Networks and IBM computer clones in later
years.
ED: Thanks canadiansenior70, just caught your post.
ED: And thanks LiveForever8 as getting rid of funding for Tesla, as
my concern, may not be the only benefit. RCA once hired Tesla
perhaps under an assumed name according the researcher Lyne.
A strange web indeed.
sarnoff titanic

edit on 9/23/2010 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

I didnt realize there were other recent threads on this topic. If it need be I'm sure a mod will come along and shut it down.

thanks for the heads up

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by canadiansenior70

Ya I think this is why the Titanic went down, apparently there were prominent people on that boat that wouldnt allow the federal reserve to come into being unless they were dead or something..

Think about it Titanic goes down in 1912, Fed Reserve act comes to being 1913..

There is alot into this I think but this isnt my expertise just what I think, but i think you have it down pretty good..

edit on 9/23/2010 by ThichHeaded because: Misprint a date.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Just thinking about stopping by the iceberg.
Would that cause more damage.
Or push the ship south.
Yeah what do you do in the case of a iceberg hit.

Sailing too high in the North Atlantic under orders.
Not going to the rescue under orders.
Imagine sending out all those messages.
Astor stayed on ship, ship is gone.
OK go in now.

Wow this smacks of on purpose behavior.
Or are people that confused in order to cause disasters.
ED: Come to think about it. The movie Titanic never covered
the dark side of the story. However there was a documentary
covering Morgan not going and the California finally arriving
on the scene. The latest Titanic was truly a convenient way
to give conspiracy amnesia. A sort of mind control.
Like conspiracies never happen.

edit on 9/24/2010 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join