It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones: Drinking Juice Boxes Makes you Gay

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
aaaand there goes all credibility!

Alex Jones is being mocked on Dlisted, a very funny "gossip blog" written by a very funny gay.

dlisted.com...

Way to prove yourself to be a complete maniac, Alex!

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Haha!! The Gay! Is it like catching a cold?? You have a home, wife and 4 kids but if you drink Berry Punch u will catch The Gay. Dont stand too close to homosexuals either. The process of osmosis will cause you to catch The Gay as well...stupid head..

Kim

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Oh! But I just love my juice boxes! They're just super!

But seriously, I highly doubt it. But there has been talk of various chemicals (estrogen and various hormones dumped by pharmaceutical companies) found in our tap water which could help link homosexuality to a chemical imbalance. (It was a great thread on ATS, I'm sure a simple search will find it.)

What if some of these chemicals were also found in the plastics of these juice boxes?

edit on 23-9-2010 by Frontkjemper because: Edited to add more stuff so I don't upset... The Mods!

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
He's right .. there are chemicals in the foods that screw us up. Screw us up in ways we don't know yet. He's pathetically wrong ... drinking juice isn't going to make you gay. I'm pretty sure that's a definate no.

edit on 9/23/2010 by FlyersFan because: fixed sentence

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I don't agree with anything Alex Jones has to say but...

The idea of seeing a full grown adult drinking about 4 oz of fruit punch, through a tiny straw, out of a box that probably has dancing purple dinosaurs on it does scream something. Maybe not gay, but definitely something!

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper
Oh! But I just love my juice boxes! They're just super!

But seriously, I highly doubt it. But there has been talk of various chemicals (estrogen and various hormones dumped by pharmaceutical companies) found in our tap water which could help link homosexuality to a chemical imbalance. (It was a great thread on ATS, I'm sure a simple search will find it.)

What if some of these chemicals were also found in the plastics of these juice boxes?

Well, actually they're FABulous...

Jones, knucklehead that he is, is getting it half right. He is talking about Bisphenol A, which is know as an endocrine disruptor and I believe , may now be banned in Canada. Among concerns...

~Neonatal BPA exposition of as low as 50 µg/kg permanently alters the hypothalamic estrogen-dependent mechanisms that govern sexual behavior in the adult female rat.
~Prenatal exposure to BPA at levels of (10 μg/kg/day) affects behavioral sexual differentiation in male monkeys. en.wikipedia.org...

So...whether you buy the 'deliberate' angle is another thing.

edit on 23-9-2010 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
i knew it!!!

dam!

now what am i gonna do?

i just love them juice boxes.

edit on 23-9-2010 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
i knew it!!!
dam!
now what am i gonna do?

Redecorate.
I suppose.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
if this includes yoohoo's then myself and the rest of the hax0rs are screwed.

edit on 23-9-2010 by RelentlessLurker because: because none of us...are as gay as all of us....

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by tonypazzo
aaaand there goes all credibility!

OMG! Someone believes Alex Jones has any credibility?

Who knew?
If someone has no credibility about something, why do people believe anything he says? I've said it before: If you drop a cooky in poop, do you just break off the poopy parts and eat the cooky or do you throw the whole cooky away?

edit on 23-9-2010 by stars15k because: typo

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
And people here still insist on taking Alex Jones BS as gospel

Seriously guys....

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I was full out gay before juice boxes.
I grew up on well water.
Is there anywhere else my mom might lay the blame?
She admits to drinking lots of RC cola in the early sixties, but the bottles were glass.
Soda could be the culprit.
I'll keep my fingers crossed. Wonder how much settlement money I'd get for weak teeth and the gay.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Alex Jones: Drinking Juice Boxes Makes you Gay

i love these arguments where the only argument is to take what was said out of context.
he didn't say the juice box makes you gay, he said the chemical liners have been proven to contain things that alter ones body.
anyone want research about any of this?
or would you all just like to run with what has been said in this thread so far?
you might as well just say, alex is wrong because i think he's an ass.
makes more sense that way, he is an ass.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I've been reading more and more these days about the chemicals in plastic bottles and cartons and I'm starting to believe they do have an effect on the body; especially childrens bodies. My 9 year old daughter has suddenly, (just this year) become overweight and is growing breasts. Her eating habits are fine, and she gets plenty of exercise, so this bottle/hormone/chemical thing is attracting my attention more and more. She drinks lots of juice, all from plastic containers. They're very hard to avoid.
I need to do something fast.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
the sad truth is that most if not all kids products these days that are made in asian countries are interlazed with these hormone altering chemicals ,

and its not only kids product is everything from clothes to basic dinning ware and its not only products its the chems they use to sterilize the containers they ship the products in that alter hormones to.

just last week we had a show on national tv here in finland adressing the problem so AJ is not that far off.

sad part is that the ban on these chemicals has not worked.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

cool, someone is actually interested in this topic.
it is a good one.
here, in my opinion, the first step is to understand the difference between the plastics used.
here is a good link to the 'recycle' code on the bottom of bottles.
the number inside the triangle.
recycle codes.

let me know if you'd like me to continue.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Alex is someone who has very little credibility with me, however he does have or could have an interesting point here. As other posters have said, there are many unknown factors to the chemicals we are being exposed to and I wouldn't be surprised if one of the consequences to some of these chemicals altered our sexual orientation. I am a firm believer that environment variables could be at play to decide whether one becomes homosexual or heterosexual, variables that are out of control of the person in question. Homosexuality seems to be an unnatural defect, at least according to evolution, as being gay actually goes against our natural desire to spread our genes.

Think about it for a minute... The reason that we have evolved to enjoy sex, is because we want to spread our genes, though homosexuality goes against that desire. The general consensus is that males and females both find that opposite sex attractive, according to the variables that will ensure healthy off spring. Good looks and physical fitness for instance are traits that imply good health. Such attraction ensures the viability of our species. Generally speaking, males want to spread their seed as much as possible to ensure that his offspring has a better chance at surviving and multiplying, while females look for a dominant, strong and healthy male that will ensure that her offspring is of the best "caliber".

The same thing with the rest of the animal kingdom (with a few exceptions, of course). Take lions for instance, where the female lions will mate with the dominant male, who is bigger and stronger than the rest of the males. If a male lion reaches the maturity level and size to be the alpha male, then this means that his genes are usually if good stock, as he has obviously lived long enough to get to the size and strength needed to be an alpha male. The same thing goes for most other mammals too. The female will look for alpha male (bigger, stronger, wiser and thus attractive) to ensure a better offspring, while the male will simply try to spread his seed as much as possible to better the odds that his genes will continue on. This is most likely the reason that men seem to cheat more than women.

So, if sex and sexual attraction are based on the natural need to ensure our genes continue on after us, then homosexuality would fly in the face of that notion. This is not even mentioning the fact that homosexuality being a genetic condition is highly unlikely, seeing how most homosexuals don't reproduce.

We then have to ask ourselves, "what causes homosexuality?" What are the factors that lead us to go against natural evolution?

With that being said, it's hard to believe that homosexuality is derived solely from these chemicals, as homosexuals have been around long before these chemicals were synthesized or common. Before Christianity, homosexuality wasn't really looked at in a taboo manner as it is today, at least in certain time periods or civilizations. Both the Greeks and pre-Christian Romans were known to dabble in homosexuality. Alexander the Great, for instance, was a known and recorded homosexual and he lived in the fourth century BCE. Even still, environment variables could have played a role in chemical imbalances or natural deformities in the human brain, to manipulate a person's sexual orientation.

Could this mean that civilization itself, the process in which we no longer live in the wild and base our lives around fundamental survival concepts, could have allowed us to evolve in a manner that homosexuals are just as natural for the very idea of evolution? Maybe, as it could be nature's way of weeding out the less desirables, considering that civilization interrupts that process to begin with.

With civilization, the weak no longer die out due to hunger for instance. This allows genetic defaults to multiply in human beings, where they wouldn't be allowed with animals that aren't civilized. In the wild, if a human or other animal was too weak or sick to hunt or gather food, he would die, thus preventing those weak genes from multiplying and putting the species as a whole in danger of extinction. Civilization has allowed even the most faulty of genes to multiply, which ultimately contaminates the gene pool of our entire breeding population, unlike all other animals whose genes constantly improve to adapt to the ever changing conditions of Mother Earth. So, while the animal kingdom's genes become more efficient to deal with nature, the Human species genes are not.

Could homosexuality be nature's answer to evolution's problem of civilization? Maybe, though I still think that Alex has a point (wow, I can't believe I'm saying that) with these chemicals or other unnatural environment variables.

--airspoon

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Yes.. An "unnatural defect"

Here's a great educational video showing the symptoms of "The Gay":

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp

Oh...absolutely. Beware the man with the bullhorn...classic misdirection.

However...even a broken watch is right twice a day, and I think he is klutzing his way through an important issue here.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by rubbertramp

Oh...absolutely. Beware the man with the bullhorn...classic misdirection.

However...even a broken watch is right twice a day, and I think he is klutzing his way through an important issue here.

yes, that's basically the way i also look at it.
listen and read what he has to say, pick out the pertinent info, and do your own research.
hell, that's what alex himself has been saying for 15 years.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join