It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

B'nai Brith: La Presse Cartoon Anti-Semitic Propaganda

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   

B'nai Brith: La Presse Cartoon Anti-Semitic Propaganda

www.shalomlife.com

B’nai Brith has asked a Quebec newspaper to remove a political cartoon from its website that appears to have a Star of David drawn on the Parliament Buildings in Ottawa.

The cartoon originally ran in the print edition of La Presse newspaper Le Droit that serves the Gatineau area and was also viewable at cyberpresse.ca. It depicts the front of Parliament Hill. What looks like a Star of David can clearly be seen on the clock of the Peace Tower. A yellow slippery road ahead sign stands near
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
IF you visit the article link, you will see a comparision between the cartoon and actual photo of the peace tower clock.

I think that Lobbyists have nothing better to do than complain complain complain. They are complaining that the cartoonists was being anti-semitic, but he drew what is ACTUALLY on peace tower clock. How can B'nai Brith be serious about this.

I will refrain from commenting further, for now....

www.shalomlife.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Taken from the article:
“The caricature plays into vicious and baseless age-old stereotypes of a Jewish conspiracy of control,” said Moïse Moghrabi, Quebec Chair of The League for Human Rights of B’nai Brith Canada.

Moghrabi added that the cartoon does not raise any significant political issue. Rather, its purpose seems to be to create public resentment against the Jewish community.

I think that Moghrabi's comments create resentment against the Jewish community. He is asking to be mocked, in my opinion.

and as a side note, "Jewish conspiracy of control" is a fact that has lead to their being kicked out of many nations over many years, many times over. Maybe there is a problem in how they conduct themselves whilst in positions of power? just saying.

by the way, I hate all man made religions, so Im not picking on the Jews, only their leaders.

edit on 22-9-2010 by Le Colonel because: to add

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Le Colonel

WOW!!

I live right down the street from the peace tower clock and can read it from where I live.
I have never noticed that star of David before reading this.
Interesting.
I gotta respect the Quebecers for their boldness.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
That's really stupid.

Bnai Brith is ALWAYS complaining about stupid things like that.

Thing is that most people in Canada are not anti-semitic and hate towards jews is non-existent.

It's ridiculous. There's a ``jewish`` ``chinatown`` in almost every big city in Canada and there's never a problem.

Fact is that Harper is a pro-Israel shill and most of Canada don't like Israel policies because they violate most international laws and human rights.

In summary :

Harper
Israel
Canadians
Israel
Canadians
Jews

Bnai Brith are a bunch of cry babies paranoiacs tards like AIPAC or ADL.

At least there's some good jewish organizations to balance it out.like Jews for the preservation of firearm ownership.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Get Over It!!
Get Over It!!

My mom used to sing this song to me when I was a little kid whining about something...

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta

Get Over It!!
Get Over It!!

My mom used to sing this song to me when I was a little kid whining about something...

err, nothing to get over. Just bringing information forward. Maybe you whined too much and made troll like comments.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
The problem is that we dont really allow other countries to dictate our "inner" workings.

B'nai Brith seems to find the cartoon offensive.

I fail to see what is offense about it. I wrote them to ask what exactly they found distasteful.

There actually IS a star of david in the face of the clock. I brought this to their attention, I wonder if someone will even bother to write back to me, or if they will just call their friends in the MOSSAD to come and pay a visit to me lol.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Le Colonel

Originally posted by TarzanBeta

Get Over It!!
Get Over It!!

err, nothing to get over. Just bringing information forward. Maybe you whined too much and made troll like comments.

My apologies - I wasn't directing that towards you.

I was directing it towards the people who are making a fuss about it.

top topics

join