It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EBay Question: Seller's perspective.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I'm wondering if anyone has had EBay experience as a seller. I want to sell a painting on EBay but I'm having trouble when it comes to being able to quote reasonable shipping costs. I would like to have that information listed along with the selling price, at least as a reasonable ball park figure, but when I went to my local FedEx outlet, the person behind the counter was very unhelpful. Practically pushed me out the door in the direction of the post office.

Is it possible to get some kind of master list of shipping rates versus parcel weight for say, North America, from FedEx, UPS or the (in my case Canadian) post office? I've looked at these organization's websites but haven't found it yet. Maybe I'm just a bad Googler. Any tips?

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I can't give you postage advice, but from my Girlfriends experience selling art on ebay sucks.
My girlfriend sells much more through This site, and you don't have to sell the original as you can upload a high quality jpg and they will sell prints of it for you on canvas, you can sell the original too if you want

You don't have to be in America to sell from the site, my gf lives in the UK with me

edit on 21-9-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Thanks for the tip. I'm checking out the website now. I still would like help with the shipping question though, if anyone knows about that side of it.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I just realized that I probably misinterpreted your post.

If you just want to ship one painting and your not an artist then you can get a free quote on the fedex site by filling in the weight / dimensions etc.

I can't link to it though as it automaticly directs me to the UK site

I'm not sure if your an artist or just selling one painting

edit on 21-9-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Just selling one painting. I am an artist but this is a different thing. Thanks for the tip about getting the quote though. I can probably quote a shipping cost that would be close to what it actually turns out to be.

new topics

top topics

join