It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looting hits hurricane ravaged Mexico

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Looting hits hurricane ravaged Mexico

www.news.com.au

LOOTERS ransacked destroyed homes and businesses in eastern Mexico yesterday after Hurricane Karl passed through, leaving at least 12 people dead and forcing 40,000 into shelters.

"The Army and navy have been instructed to tighten security," President Felipe Calderon said after an overflight of the worst-hit areas of Veracruz.

The storm roared ashore on Friday, pummelling a country already reeling from one of its wettest seasons on record and leaving communities flooded from the border with the US state of Texas clear down to Mexico's Pacific coast states.

"In total we have the de
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Could this be attributed to whats happend with the gulf oil spill? Correct me if Im wrong but is this not too far up the coast from mexico? We havent even heard about this on mainstream news here in australia, and the increase in hurricanes all over the world just doesnt seem coincedental any more.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
www.gulf-shores-alabama.net...

The above link provides a little historical reference hurricanes wise. I think its premature to suggest that the Gulf incident is already affecting the weather patterns. I would direct you to the above link which explains that the general storm trend has been steadily increasing since 1995 in the Gulf area, so whatever causes that is more likely the culprit.
The only thing that having a bunch of oil and chemicals in the sea will do for hurricanes and storms, is basicaly mean that storm surge tides will contain pollutants, and rain may contain pollutants... its basicaly the same problems but with a toxicological bite added to it. I dont see how the mere presence of these chemicals (oil , corexit, whatever the hell else they threw in for a laugh) will drasticaly alter weather in the immediate sense. It might be five to ten years before we really see the extent of the damage, but we wont see weather effected by it for a while yet.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by q_ball

Not to surprising there's a lot of looting going on down there...
you have to be an old guy like me to know this but for years there's been this big push to get wealthy retired Americans to move to Veracruz... there's even a book written "Retire to Mexico for $1,000 a month" in it they state how with that money you can rent a nice place have a house keeper come in everyday, even hire a cook to make your meals and still have money left over for a night on the town... How is that possible? the locals are lucky to earn the equivalent of $4 USD per day... of course those folks are gonna pick over the left behinds, I do it too!

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
The government "loots" the common folk all the time. In Mexico it's called bribes/payoffs. In the USA it's called taxes.

These poor folk are surviving, not looting. Anyone here think the poor people are going to receive official help from the government have no idea how Mexico works.

new topics

top topics

join