It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN reporter: Network censored footage of Iraq 'war crime'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

CNN reporter: Network censored footage of Iraq 'war crime'

www.rawstory.com

A former CNN Iraq correspondent suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder says his employers wouldn't run footage he filmed of what he describes as a war crime by US troops, an Australian news source reports.

Michael Ware, who covered Iraq for CNN from 2006 until last year, describes the incident as "a small war crime, if there is such a thing."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
This is what happened

*SNIP

These days truth is not being allowed to be reported. From CNN / other news media point of view the people must not be allowed to see this story.

*SNIP*

Thanks to this brave reporter we can finally hear about this otherwise the sissified MSM & US Administration/ Military would have hidden it as usual.

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

edit on 20/9/2010 by Mirthful Me because: Removed excess source content.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Micheal Ware is such a good reporter... I enjoy viewing pretty much anything he films for documentaries, or just commentating. But I'm afraid that this story does not surprise me in the least. Almost all media I'm willing to bet has suppressed at the very least, a little bit of any truth to what they have captured. Micheal couldn't have done anything to save this person, so he should forgive himself for that. After all, he wasn't the shooter and the wound would most certainly have been fatal even if there were medical staff present.
The MSM is either very biased, or forced to suppress such footage. But this is my opinion only - Either way, the only way we will be made aware of such events, is through actions such as he has taken.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
The report sounds a little biased and leaves to much out. I'm not saying war crimes don't happen, on both sides. however this seems highly suspect. They press delights in making the US military look bad......this would be no different.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Shameful as this is, its not suprising or indeed shocking anymore. Im sure most of us have seen the video leaked by wikileaks of the chopper assault on men who were carrying photographic equipment. That attack was horrific overkill , they even chased down a kid who had been injured and put in a van for saftey and obliterated him by swiss cheesing the vehicle.
How can we continue to pretend to be shocked after all that has happened? We cannot. Some of us do, but those amongst us who continue to be suprised at the barbarism of war are either willfuly ignorant, or just plain incapable of understanding reality for what it is. This particular reality , is that lots of people die , and THIER names dont end up on a fancy bit of marble. THIER families dont get to have a ceremony, because either they all die together, or theres nothing to bury. Im not talking about combatants, or armed civilians . Im talking about those who were just in the wrong spot, on the wrong day , doing NOTHING wrong, representing no threat . These voiceless tens of thousands of people who have died in the war on terror,dont have the luxury of discussing wether thier deaths are called war crimes, or just unfortunate realities about which one can do nothing...
The whole situation makes me sick. I would rather be killed by sociopathic fundamentalists, than have these things done in my name, to people too weak , poor, and uncared for, to defend themselves against such outrage.
As for CNN , can you imagine greater and better proof of them being a media catspaw than that? I cannot.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
nothing is stopping him from leaking it on the internet. but then it would only be a big deal if wolf blitzer expressed "shock" at this horrific incident. plus cnn has been run by a few jews as a propaganda machine for some time now, its a pro-war mongering station, whose speciality is alarming americans into a state of least resistance into accepting war. probably because everytime there is a major conflict their viewership surpasses the superbowl. showing american soldiers commiting war crimes would offend their main costumers, the american public who pay for their cable show.

top topics

join