It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i need information

page: 1

join
share:
ELY

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
can someone who is a freemason tell me what the number 33 means???

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   
33 is after 32 and before 34
. Do you mean 33 Degree?

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Scottish Rite Freemasonry has 33 degrees.

According to the Orinda Lodge

The Sovereign Grand Commander and other members of the Supreme Council of each Scottish Rite jurisdiction hold this degree.

The Scottish Rite also awards a special honorary 33� to those it feels have made outstanding contributions to Masonry, the community as a whole, and to mankind. There is no way to "achieve" this degree or "take" it, in the sense that one takes the 4-32� in the Scottish Rite. It is a singular honor, rarely bestowed, and greatly admired.

ELY

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
i have no idea what 33 means someone who is a freemason told me to ask a friend of mine, who is a christian and doesn't beieve in freemasonry what this number means but unfortunately i haven't been in contact with my friend so i am asking hoping someone could give me an answer besides the un-needed sense of humour.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
It was a joke. Humor is always needed, we take things much to seriously. I did ask you in all seriousness if you meant the 33 degree. Your question is/was very vage(sp?), being more specific and telling us what you where talking to the Mason about, and why he might have said that. Or did he just walk up, stop, scratch his head and say "ask your friend what 33 means." and walked away.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Actually, are really seeking information?
Or, are these like your previous posts?
advise

thoughts from a female

need info

People here are more than willing to be helpful and provide requested information, even if you could have done a search here yourself.
You seem to start these topics, and then disappear.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ELY
i have no idea what 33 means someone who is a freemason told me to ask a friend of mine, who is a christian and doesn't beieve in freemasonry what this number means but unfortunately i haven't been in contact with my friend so i am asking hoping someone could give me an answer besides the un-needed sense of humour.

Doesn't believe in Freemasonry? You mean, doesn't believe we exist?

Here is what the number 33 means to a Freemason:

If you make piles of 11 rough ashlars, and you take three of those piles, you have "33" rough ashlars.

Good enough?

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
DTOM, wow I forgot this person, I'm sorry I wasted the key strokes on this thread now. Oh well, so Ely how is that "friend"?

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I remembered the name. Hanging around with you guys, I picked up on some of your methods. I did some research...voila.

ELY probably won't be back unless someone stirs the pot here

ELY

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
well actually i was having a conversation with a freemason about the Lodge and what it's all about you know normal questions that curious people ask, during the conversation i mentioned to him about my christian friend who believes that Freemasonry is not of God and i quote what he(christian friend) said THE LODGE ARE OF THE WICKED ONE. Then the freemason told me to ask my christian friend what 33 means just to hear what he would say but i haven't seen him lately so that's why i'm asking the members here.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
There are many wonderful things about the number 33.

Jesus Christ, considered the Saviour by us Christians, is said by tradition to have lived 33 years before being crucified and resurrected.

33 is 3 x 11, and I personally think multiples of 11 are cool... they're easy to figure out mathematically.

33 is one degree above freezing in the Fahrenheit Scale.

I am personally twenty-seven, which is not only 6 (3 + 3!) years younger than 33, but is also symmetrical with 33 about the axis of 30 years old.

33 is not prime, of course, but it is the product of two primes -- three and eleven.

P.S. -- "THE LODGE ARE OF THE WICKED ONE?" So, whatever daemonic entity was speaking through your pseudo-Christian friend at the time has a very poor sense of grammar? I mean, what kind of supernatural entity can't even make a singular subject match a singular verb tense?

[edit on 24-6-2004 by AlexKennedy]

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
"THE LODGE ARE OF THE WICKED ONE?"... Doesn't sound like a very Christian thing to say. Seems just a tad judgemental, or at the least just mental

ELY

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Thank you so much for your info on the number 33 you have been very helpful, i think with all this info i must and i will yes i will and i know i can move up to grade 2. i hope i know what 2 means.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Oh, yes, you are 2 much. I can't imagine what your last reply means 2 you...or 2 anyone.
Why the riddles?
YOu should try 2 be a little more straightforward.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ELY
Thank you so much for your info on the number 33 you have been very helpful, i think with all this info i must and i will yes i will and i know i can move up to grade 2. i hope i know what 2 means.

The sarcasm drips. But let me ask you, you posted a question saying "what does 33 mean to Freemasons?" 33 means nothing different to Freemasons than it does to anybody else. To SR Freemasons, the only additional meaning is that the honourary degree within that rite is denominated the 33rd degree.

So what are you trying to get at? Are you perhaps getting testy because your attempt to "expose those eeeeevil Freemasons who IS OF THE WICKED ONE" failed (because there's nothing to expose)?

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
DontTreadOnMe
I am really glad i looked into your links in your post. I usually dont click those links(due to server loading problems) but I did cause you always seem to have good points, as I have just reaffirmed in that post. Great job at looking up the previous posts. (You have voted DontTreadOnMe for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.)

DarkTalon
you said she(ELY) didnt have accountability, as you also did a search. YAY for the ppl that actually look into what they are saying!

---pineapple

top topics

join