It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Powell says illegal immigrants do his home repairs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

WASHINGTON – Former Secretary of State Colin Powell says illegal immigrants do essential work in the U.S. and he has firsthand knowledge of that — because they fix his house.

Powell, a moderate Republican, urged his party Sunday to support immigration generally because it is "what's keeping this country's lifeblood moving forward."

In an interview with NBC's "Meet the Press," he said a path to legal status should be offered to illegal immigrants because they "are doing things we need done in this country."

He added: "They're all over my house, doing things whenever I call for repairs, and I'm sure you've seen them at your house. We've got to find a way to bring these people out of the darkness and give them some kind of status."

This is interesting to say the least. I was under the impression it was illegal to hire an illegal alien.
Remember all those raids they used to have at Walmart? www.nytimes.com...

But the former Secretary of State hires them, although the article does mention he doesn't say if they are contracted , or he hires them directly.

Either way, didn't he just admit to a crime?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Yes he did, but as he is a member of American Nobility, the law does not apply to him.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Don't you love how they rub it in your face? Because he knows nobody will do anything about it. Just disgusting, oh look here comes all the wonderful people to defend the illegal immigrants I can hear it now.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
What he is saying is everytime you call a contractor to do something for your home many of the workers they send are most likely illegals. Just like when you go out to eat the food you eat and the plates you eat on are most likely being taken care of by illegals. I am sure most people like to pretend they have nothing to do with them but, I would say Powell is simply calling out people for the hypocrits they are. Illegals work for all of us when they pick our food, butcher our meat and clean the places we go and we all damn well know it. Maybe we all should go to jail.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
"Powell says illegal immigrants do his home repairs." And a citizen can't do this because????? So nice to know that yet again an opportunity for a legal law abiding citizen is taken away. Millions of unemployed American citizens and we hire illegals? There is something very wrong here.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
It happens without your asking for it. I shopped hard for new windows for my house to get the best deal. The deal included installation, and the crew that came out was probably all illegals. For all I know illegals worked in the factory making them too. I don't know how one would even shop to avoid using them.

A two-tier system has been in place in many countries. Singapore is worse than we are. Maids are all foreigners, and they have to lie to be admitted to the country. Everyone knows what lies they have to tell, but since they are lies, it makes them immediately deportable. Yet they are there voluntarily; they chose to work in Singapore as maids, with their eyes open.

new topics

top topics

join