It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AZ gun buyers busted by Feds - Link to Mexican Cartels

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
www.azcentral.com...

A new article came out and showed how Arizona is sending high powered guns to the Mexican drug cartels.

It's time to crack down on the AZ gun laws. High powered rifles shouldn't be sold to anyone; it should be stricter!

Comments, questions, concerns??

edit on 20-9-2010 by Gemwolf because: Mod Edit: Removed all caps title

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Ignorance_Defier

Unless I'm mistaken....this is NOT AZ law...they crossed international...lines.....that's Federal....

AZ. has some of the better gun laws in the USA.......wonder if the feds will.."ignore" this too...or spin it off....to look like AZ's problem......

I'm not gonna say no more....just going wait patiently, to see which way it gets spun......by the media "if at all"

ETA....its just the "dog and pnoy show" is what I got from the article......drug cartels=prohibition leaders....

DEA ....wants more $$$ and power so.....they are not gonna fix this.....everyone wants to plat along.....
To see who can chase the black market $$$....whether through prisons, drugs, guns, prevention.....ETC...ETC...

edit on 19-9-2010 by Doc Holiday because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
You know whats funny about this? If the feds did their job and secured the borders like they are supposed to this would be exactly what it is, a none issue.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Lol, thanks for your opinions. So would you guys be in favor of a 2% federal tax increase to tighten up boarder security??

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Absolutely not! What I would be ok with however is if they slashed about 20 billion in pork spending projects to fund it with the money that is already available. There is no need whatsoever so increase taxes when all that needs to be done is a little more discretionary spending. How many bridges to nowhere need to be built before people wake up and realize that money is being spent like we are printing it.... oh wait... nevermind carry on.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
After reading the article I am left wondering a few things. First high powered rifle is kinda of misleading. You can't hunt big game with out them, bears and boars are prime examples a .22 just wouldn't cut it. Second given the names of the suspects I would like to know their resident status. Are the cartels sending people up with the intent of purchasing weapons. From what I have read the cartels use a lot of military grade weapons. Full auto and grenade launchers which you cannot purchase in the states with out heavily checked into permits. So the idea of sending people stateside to purchase firearms makes little sense.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I will bet the one that are caught get very little jail time and are willing to do the time for the money they made.

Why would they take the chance because the feds never looked for these people before.
That can be seen because if these people had not wanted to be caught they would have removed the serial numbers before selling the guns to the cartels.

The government should be doing more of these operations not banning guns.
They also should be using the RICO laws and other laws to enhance the jail time for these offenders.
If the laws against the people doing this gave them 30+ years in jail you would have a lot less offenders and if you added laws like taking there homes, cars, and money for the crime like they do for drug dealers that would help to.

Then there is the part that is the mexican government fault.
If they controlled there side of the border and stopped illegal crossings they would have less problems.
But since they are corrupt and helping illegals and drugs to cross the border the same supply routes are being used to take guns back into Mexico.
Stop illegal trafficking on the border and the whole problem will go away.

The really strange part is why the drug cartels have not set up shops to manufacture there own weapons in Mexico.
guns are not that hard to make.
There are 1000s of people in the US that build there own guns.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

im not buying it.

the biggest reason im not buying it it doesnt list any makes or models of firearms.

like the poster said if the feds were doing their jobs those guns wouldnt be there to begin with.

and in this tough economic times i can see why they did sell them .

it puzzles me though that they spent thousands of dollars on "high powered" us rifles when you can pick up an ak-47 anywhere in the world for around $25 bucks.

i smell bs here i think its another attempt on the 2nd ammendment so they can try to pull some bs on az agian.

new topics

top topics

join