It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban militants seek pardon for their crimes: Report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Very interesting approach, I wonder if this will be successful.

There is a solution to every problem, and I don't think death is the solution to every problem.

Five Taliban militants sought pardon from a public gathering for "crimes" they committed during their rule in Swat valley in northwest Pakistan, a media report said in Islamabad on Saturday.

The militants told the gathering of residents of Kabal sub-division that they had made a mistake by joining the Taliban, whose leadership is "anti-Pakistan and anti-Islam."

www.indianexpress.com...

Apparently they were captured last year from the town they sough pardon. They are from that town "Kabal"..

The militants are residents of Kabal, a former Taliban stronghold, and were arrested during the operation conducted by the army in Swat last year. This was the first time that Taliban militants appeared at a public gathering in Swat, located 160 kms from Islamabad.

I don't know what kind of thinkers Pakistan have, but from this approach, it seems very stupid ones. It seems they have focused so much time and effort on killing, that they can't find proper solutions outside the realm of death and destruction.

I want ATS members to come up with their own constructive solutions to the Pakistan problem, I want to hear what others got in their mind.

oz

join