It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stealth Jihad Through Our Children's Toys?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
After watching this video, I'm not sure what to think? I find it very interesting... I would need more proof then just this one instance... It could be a problem with the toys? It could be a Bad joke, or It could be "Stealth Jihad through our Children's toys". I doubt they would get much penetration with kids in that age group. I think it would be a waste of time.... Kid's of that age only are into things so long, When my son was 3 I let him play with a Galactus toy, That when It's chest was pressed would say " I Hunger" so for about 3 weeks he walked around saying " I Hunger" then moved on to something else... So to me this whole thing seems suspicious.

www.shoebat.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Here's what is funny, and makes me think this lady is creating a Hoax...

Notice the same mother finds both a doll and a video game with the same message IN THE SAME VOICE.

I mean cmon.

Sounds suspicious to me.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I wonder why they didnt do a story about the multitude of video games which portray the Arabs as the bad guys.

as a computer gamer for years I can tell you a couple of the most popular computer online games where Counterstrike, this was released before 9/11 where the counter terrorists had to rescue hostages or prevent the terrorists from planting bombs,
America army online which once again portrayed people wearing turbins as the bad guys, once again, prior to 9/11.

That is just 2 of the most played onlinegames of the past, and there are plenty more examples if ppl want to go through their childrens video game collection.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
OMG I think the videogames are training us to hate Germans. Look at all the WWII videogames out there. Don't forget the Japanese; they're training us to hate them!

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
OMG I think the videogames are training us to hate Germans. Look at all the WWII videogames out there. Don't forget the Japanese; they're training us to hate them!

How many video games are you playing, coz I can find you heaps more if you want of the most popular online games.
Battlefield 2 if you like, it even has a map called gulf of Oman
Medal of honor which is meant to be located in present day Afghanistan.
Crysis, the player fights both North Korean and extraterrestrial enemies, in various environments on and around a tropical island in the Pacific near Korea.
Far cry 2 The game takes place in a modern-day East African nation in a state of anarchy and civil war. The player takes control of a mercenary on a lengthy journey to locate and assassinate "The Jackal", a notorious arms dealer.
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare a radical leader has executed the president of an unnamed country in the Middle East, and an "Ultranationalist" movement starts a civil war in Russia. The conflicts are seen from the perspectives of a U.S. Reconnaissance Marine and a British SAS commando, and are set in multiple locations, including the Middle East, Azerbaijan, Russia, and Prypiat, Ukraine.

I can go on, but these are some of the most popular online games played by males aged between 12 and 35.

so give me a doll that says anything that is played with by a handfull of little girls and I raise you games played by millions of males with too much testosterone and learning they have multiple lives and can do anything.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Game are just for fun, bro. Most game developers just repeat the same things they found fun in other games but with better graphics and technology.

Are movies about alien invasions there to indoctrinate us to have a fear of aliens?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

sorry, but that argument doesn't wash with me.
I have been around the block too many times for that.

If its all fun and game but the excuse developers are just rehashing the same old?

why is it that the military is so involved in gaming technology?

and in my first post I posted America Army online wich is the US military training game.

Drones are flown with basically identical controls as console games.

I play these games and it wasn't until I actually took a step back that I realized how these games suck you in and I have seen a lot of young people who have lost the seperation of gaming and reality as they now use gaming terms in actual conversation.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Yea, America's Army is a direct propaganda game. It was developed by the US Army.

en.wikipedia.org...

While most games are innocent fun, like you said, America's Army is a propaganda tool.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

It's more of a recruitment tool, but that I can agree to. I don't think regular game developers sit in an oval room and ask "So how can we brainwash people to hate Arabs now?"

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

A little reading up on the military involvement in the gaming industry is an eye opener

Commandant General Charles C. Krulak issued a directive suggesting that Marines use PC-based wargames to improve military thinking about the tactics and techniques of modern warfare (Lister, 2003). This led to the first concerted attempt at harnessing computer gaming technology and led to the military release of an add-on pack (a mod) for Id Software's Doom II. The mod is now readily available to download from the World Wide Web. You still need a copy of Doom II in order to use the mod, but once you have installed the modification the whole game changes into a real-life simulation where the monsters become terrorists and the locations become realistic (ID Software, 1997). In 2001 the US Military assembled a team of designers (under the name Rival Interactive) to create a real-time strategy combat game called Real War in the same vein as Command and Conquer. The purpose of Real War was to teach soldiers how to think like commanders (Lenoir and Loward, 2002).

journal.fibreculture.org...

even though these may just be games to most

I think this shows just how carried away some can get.

Now I am not saying that these kids are going to join the military, but how many who join the military now have had their introduction to what war is like from video games and movies, and every movie you see with military equipment in it has a little military input into the movie itself.

new topics

top topics

join