It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who else think that modern warfare 2 mind controls to hate russians

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
not just mw2..other games as well, always the fuc***g russians man, im not russian btw

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I don't hate Russians. 99% of the world has similar thoughts inside. NO one wants hatred, but they feel they need to keep their ego close, so they defend when then dont have to, and go along with what their militaries do because they can't not. Entertainment is always going to have a story, and theres always a bad guy and a good guy. Thats the way it is. You can't hate a country because a video games depicts them as a bad guy.

I would say though that video games may be used as a tool for strategy, or even a hint towards future wars.

enjoy. I'm playing right now.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Russians make an easy target....like Nazis or Zombies.....or Nazi Zombies.

But... MW2 is the worst game of the century...it had so much promise, had me so hyped up, and infinity ward screwed it all up...it literally could not have been any worse.,

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

true true what if the russians made a video game killing innocent americans in an airport..LOL games of ww2 and the like is becoming a strategic tool (like what that other poster said)to hate something to mind-control..set up the ones who want to joint the army..giving them hidden hate and desire to kill.yeah its just a game have fun..i play MW2 too.still it got me thinking though.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by aqlpskwo

true true what if the russians made a video game killing innocent americans in an airport

I'd probably play it.

A long time ago, in my college days, when i worked for FedEx Ground as a grunt worker, me and my buddies created a life-like map for counterstrike of our hub...we made it a VIP rescue map...and long story short, you basically got to bust in and kill a lot of ppl that worked there

It was a HUGE hit with the people who worked with us, everyone went out and got CS to just try it, even if they didn't play video games, even the hub manager (big time corporate guy) gave it a shot.

It was a hit with all.

Video Games are like any other form of art, they bring people together.

Gamers may serve many different banners along the way from PS3, Xbox, and Nintendo, to PC, Mac, and handhelds, but in the end, we all serve ONE Chief and his name is GAMING!

/end rant....

But seriously...if Ruskies want to get pissed off over a video game, then my only response is "lay off hte damn vodka...its just a video game!"

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

im not that drunk gimme another one man

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

edit on 19-9-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Well. The Russians are our best and closest adversary when it comes to pretend war games. Who else would be able to invade us and succeed besides China? China was already done in Fallout 3 and really there are only 2 real choices when it comes to war with the US on a make believe basis.

edit on 20-9-2010 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
Well. The Russians are our best and closest adversary when it comes to pretend war games. Who else would be able to invade us and succeed besides China? China was already done in Fallout 3 and really there are only 2 real choices when it comes to war with the US on a make believe basis.

edit on 20-9-2010 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

China was also done on Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising, although I didn't enjoy the game that much.

Back to the OP, no, I don't think COD:MW2 is being used to programme hate against Russians, I believe they used Russia mostly because Russia/USSR were the West's major enemy, and this is just a continuation of the theme.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
OP,
i would not say Russians, it happened that the evil guys was a Russian and the ending kill was the evil American.
You did play it all the way through?

That airport scene I tried to shoot the bad dudes but it makes you play on their side so I didn't shoot any civilians.

If you ask me, after black ops, I'm done with the COD games, I played them and now its just the same garbage.

That why I think Red Dead Redemption was so good, I was bored to tears with the COD games and that game blew them out of the water.

edit on 6-2-2011 by mysteryskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by aqlpskwo

Never played the game, so cannot say, but who knows. Maybe the pentagon has a say ingames, like they do movies.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

(by Snarf)But... MW2 is the worst game of the century...it had so much promise, had me so hyped up, and infinity ward screwed it all up...it literally could not have been any worse.,

Black Ops. IW does it better.
edit on 8-2-2011 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

top topics

join