It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uhuru

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Well,I did some reseach on this and came across a few interesting stuff.

Uhuru is a resistance movement in Africa that got its roots in Kenya.Infamous for being extremely voilent.If you'd like to know more you can just check out these links.

thegreenarrow.co.uk...
en.wikipedia.org...

I came across the name Uhuru Guru.This is the guy thats been blogging about Uhuru for a long time now.Apparently he's been arrested in Ranburg.Also a guy with the nickname Doodler commited suicide in a police station.

fromtheold.com...
thegreenarrow.co.uk...
www.beeld.com...

It's a bit suspicious that someone would commit suicide in a police station.I can understand if they wanted to shut the site down.It was giving SA a bad name before the SWC,ect.They also did alot crackdowns on these right wing groups,like the Suidlanders,just before the Soccer World Cup.

Some say its a big conspiracy and others say its just racists trying to sweep up the white nation.Personally I'm not going to take this seriously.Alot of us have heard about the Nag van die lang messe claims that never came.

Anyway,I'm pretty sure theres alot more you can find over the web about this.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Good post

I have wondered now for a long time if the whole Uhuru thing isn't just a urban legend perhaps. A myth, that's maybe got some little bit of truth connected to it.

But like you said, it;s probably just a propaganda campaign.

VVV

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

There might be some truth to it.Mean,black people aren't immune to racism.But i'm not sure,ey.It's hard to tell the difference between someone trying to put a spin on it just to get you swept up or the truth.The whole thing is a bit hazy.

I wouldn't give that much thought to it myself.Next thing you know I'm a member of the AWB and planning some racial war at teazers.

I'll just wait to see what happens.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
It's news to me.

I thought Uhuru was the communications bird off Star Trek.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Suicide huh ... remember John Vorster ? And no, not the politician.

They really are out to get us.

R.I.P.

EDIT: UHURU has been discussed many times on ATS:
searcah here

edit on 17-9-2010 by harryhaller because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri Sep 17 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix link

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Wow,I didn't know that.Didn't think there are so many of us on this site.Mmm,do you think all these crackdowns on right wing groups and the arrests being made on bloggers could be related to it.It's a scary thought,ey.If this is true...I'm [SNIP] I live in Jo'burg.

edit on Fri Sep 17 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

No idea who john vorster is,but i'll look him up.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
After I read gemwolf's thread on Uhuru and the replies he got you realize just how deep this thing goes actually.Specially the prophecies made by Siener and his theory on Mandela might be assassinated by black people to hurry the whole thing up after his family was recently attacked.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SlovenlyGhost
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

I wouldn't give that much thought to it myself.Next thing you know I'm a member of the AWB and planning some racial war at teazers.

Oh God, that made me laugh. Picturing Eugene on his horse riding into Teazers. I wonder if they will charge him a cover fee!?

But jokes aside, I hope the whole story of the blacks going ape on whites when Mandela dies is just a pile of crock. I moved from JHB to Canada 3 and half years ago because of the damn violence. It's not nice being shot at
I'm the only 1 here, rest of family is still there.

You say you're from JHB, where exactly? I was from the South - Linmeyer. Used to be a really nice peaceful little suburb. Now the folks tell me the elderly people are getting tanked there. It's just a God damn sad state of affairs. People here in North America have NO CLUE what is happening in SA.

Unfortunately when you try educate people here, they immediately call you racist
.... so I have just given up.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Wow,I didn't know that.Didn't think there are so many of us on this site.

I've seen quite a few people on here from SA, but would like to see more. Try spread news of ATS existence to your friends in SA. I was wondering if we could some how create a S'Affers group here on ATS where we could meet up and chat about what's happening in SA? Maybe a mod could let me know??

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

You should post a message in the suggestion complaint link.
There is a SA mod isn't there ? Gemwolf ? Not sure tho.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Three years ago??Damn,its been a long time.Actually don't know the South side that well but I'm not surprised.Anyz,I live in Randburg,more to the north.
I was thinking the same thing.South Africans are so scattered it would be nice seeing more threads on South Africa.I think we have alot to say.Our voices should be heard and yeh there is a mod thats also a South African.Maybe we can take it up with him.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Three years ago??Damn,its been a long time.Actually don't know the South side that well but I'm not surprised.Anyz,I live in Randburg,more to the north.

Yeah I know the Gauteng area pretty well. I used to rep for a company all over the area. My brother says they've expanded the roads quite a lot since I left. I used to hate taking the western bypass on Friday afternoons. William Nicholl's off ramp - what hell that was. Beyer's Naude' also wasn't pretty.

And what's with all the God damn name changes?? I hated that in SA. In was really just political and served no purpose, except pissing us off. New maps, street signs, etc ALL costing money, and for what?

Randburg is a nice area. I used to target shoot against the boys at "Randburg High" - They hated this "[SNIP]" because I used to clean their clocks! Those were the good days, 92 - 94.

I hope some mods have read our exchanges and let us know how or if it is possible to have a section or something where us S'Affers can hook up?

Hey Mods, anybody out there??

edit on 19-9-2010 by Gemwolf because: Snipped naughty word

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

They have done alot of work ever since the Soccer World Cup,mostly in the public transport sector.Everything looks good in my opinion.I'm still not going to go on the Gautrain,though.I'll wait a while till they've sorted out all the kinks.I've heard too many horror stories.

Yeh,they're Africanizing everything.Think it's part of the whole master plan.Slowly but surely they'll remove any traces of colonials ever being here.

Funny,I use to go to Randburg High.It's awesome hearing from other South Africans,expats or not.

Um,well,I really hope so.It would be awesome hearing from others what their opinion is on South Africa.Think theres always been this split between skeptics and hopefulls.Atleast no one denies the fact the we have alot of problems.

Didn't realize theres been so many threads on Uhuru,ey.Don't think we'll ever come to a conclusion unless someone comes up with some evidence.But who has enough time in their day to chase after something that might end up being a ghost story.

Anyz,hopefully they'll hear us out.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SlovenlyGhost

Are you online now? I'm sending you a U2U now. Hopefully we can chat online.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Interesting observation here is that once again only the South Africans or expats comment on this forum. Shows you once again, the liitle interest the rest of the world has in SA's affairs.

Don't even hope that you can rely on any other country or organisation for even a friendly ear. You guys are on your own and I really hope that you wil get some way to sort out your issues.

I get the feeling that the rest of the world think that after apartheid was sorted out, everything's hunky-dory now. They totally lost interest in SA.

Peace!

edit on 17-9-2010 by Ysterlong because: Spelling mistake

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Ysterlong

Yup,as you can see from TortoiseKweeks comments even he has trouble getting through.I don't blame them.Think it's because it doesn't affect them directly.And of course it isn't about the end of the world or ufos,ect.Unless you can put some spin on it or change ur title you might never get a response from others.

Or unless the whole Uhuru thing turns out to be true and we make world news.lol.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SlovenlyGhost

If you look at the massacre in Rwanda and what the rest of the world did, then don't keep your hopes up to high. Afterwards everyone will "Ooooh" and "Aaaah" and after a week it will be all forgotten.

I really hope that Uhuru stays the myth it is perceived to be.

I see that you mentioned Suidlanders before and the media tries to depict them as a group of extreme right wingers. I have looked a bit at their profile and listened to what they say. I can nowhere see any racism in their remarks, they don't charge membership fees, etc. What they try to do, is to provide a plan for the white ethnic group to plan ahead and provide info re safe locations to flee to, when they are attacked en masse. Nowhere do I see that they promote racial hatred, planning attacks, etc. They provide strategies of fleeing and hiding from an event like Uhuru. Is there reallly something wrong with that? Then most of us are all extreme right wingers because every night we lock the doors and plan ahead what we would do if we are attacked in our homes. When I stayed in SA, I had an evacuation (fleeing) plan in place, if we would have been attacked in our house. Does that make me a racist or a right winger?

People also accuse them of fear mongering, but if you look around you at crime, don't you think it is just wise to have a plan if it comes to the worst. We all pray that it will never happen, but what if it actually happens - that 1/100 chance - better to be prepared than not..

Peace!

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I get the idea South Africans want to be heard.We have alot to say and alot on our minds thats bothering us.Mean,so many have left the country because of the crime.These that stay always moan about it.Just think no one can come up with a solution to all of this and ur right.We are on our own.Just think someone needs to stand up.I sometimes think people are to scared to give their opinion because they might rediculed for it.

Mean,recenlty it surfaced only 5million people pay taxes.Out of the 45(maybe more)that live in this country.

We actually have real issues.People are dying and they aren't getting justice.

Read a news article today of a student in stellenboch that got murdered.His family moved to Australia but he decided to stay behind because he has always been a proud South African.He tryed stopping some guys from raping his lady friend and got stabbed in the neck.It's sad,ey.Guess his parents reasons for leaving just got reinforced by this.

And the one thing that keeps getting stuck in my mind is this story of a girl who got raped.Her brother was murdered infront of her and then when the police arrived they shot her parents.That's bad.How can she possibly go on living after shes been through all that.

We've become so numb that most people just shrug their shoulders when they hear about things like these and others try and avoid it completely.

Then you people who always try and tell you things will get better and it isn't all that bad.I don't care.How the hell am I suppose to stay positive and turn a blind eye to these things.I'm not heartless,I can't just shrug my shoulders.

Of course you have the whole black thing forced down ur throats from an early age.At some point you get tired of it,ey.I still in preprimary when Apartheid officially came to a fall.Why should I say sorry?I wasn't there.Wasn't connected to it in anyway.

We have alot of social issues in general.Just think avoiding them won't make them go away.

edit on 11/09/2010 by SlovenlyGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Ysterlong

Yeh,you're right.These fears aren't just paranoia.I've been mugged and held at gun point a whole lot of times.You've got to put ur self first sometimes and u just can't wait till things get better.You can't predict the future,so you can't say,'i wont be one of those unfortunates,so i'll stay'.

I've also checked them out.I use to live in Newcastle for a while thats right next door to their HQ.They've actually got it all planned out.Was impressed at how in detail they went.Even preparing for nuclear war.lol

Its frightning to think they're actually doing crackdowns on these guys and disarming them.Why don't they go to some of these shanty towns.Pretty sure they've got enough weapons in there to arm an army.They pose more threat to our society than the Suidlanders do.AWB and the Suidlanders all lost their fire a long time ago.Mean,AWB has become a bit of a joke and a myth untill Eugene got murdered.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join