It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HERE are the stories the MSM hid from you while you were distracted.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Ever wonder what evil plots by TPTB the MSM were hiding while we were all distracted by that little oil spill thingy?

Well, this artilce doesn't cover that stuff but it does show us all the wierd stuff we may have missed out on while distracted by more important things.

Top 10 Bizarre Stories You’ve Missed in 2010

A lot of people complain about the mainstream media in the US. They say that the media covers up the important stories and doesn’t give us access to what’s really going on in this country. And you know what? I agree.

No, I’m not talking about the need for more government scrutiny or stories on government cover-ups or conspiracy theories. I’m talking about weird, twisted, and flat out bizarre stories. The media needs more stories about couples catching fire while attempting to siphon gas and fewer stories about Lindsay Lohan or soulless politicians.

1. Guinness names world’s shortest man at 27 inches

2. Man sues after finding rat’s head in beer

3. Whorehouse for sale. Contact Harris County to place your bid.
If you’re looking to make a real estate investment, Harris County (that’s in Houston, Texas) has an opportunity for you. The county is putting a seized whorehouse up for auction. The Velvet Touch got shut down in 2008 after a lengthy investigation resulted in a confession from the owner that she was a prostitute and a madam. She had deposited more than $2 million in her bank account, so you know the property generates income. Just beware of Johns knocking on your door at 3 a.m.

4. Man goes without a name for 19 years

5. FedEx driver chokes on pork rind, crashes into ditch

6. Colorado man arrested twice for DUI on same night
Adam Segura put other drunk drivers to shame when he received 2 DUIs in the same night. The first DUI was for driving his own car, and the second time came from stealing the police car while he was waiting to be taken in. Can you imagine a drunk guy driving with handcuffs on? Disaster.

7. Claustrophobic deputy locks himself in jail cell, tries to shoot way out

8. Bank robber turns down cash
You know, they say criminals are just in it for the money, but now I’m not so sure. A Houston man robbed a bank inside a grocery store. The teller handed over some cash, and then she reached down to grab some more cash. The thief declined the additional cash saying, “No, that’s enough.” At least he’s not greedy.

9. Girl born in airplane given free flights until 21

10. Dog shoots master with shotgun
A man took his female Labrador retriever out hunting with him. When he set down his shotgun to retrieve some equipment, the dog stepped on the shotgun, causing it to discharge into her master’s back. The man was wounded but released from the hospital after a few hours. Somewhere, PETA members were rejoicing.

Totally Offbeat

edit on 9/15/10 by FortAnthem because: Adding links

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
your title is misleading

I dont think anyone was trying to hide these stories

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Ah yes, this is the kinda news that we all are kept away from knowing.

And this is the news that show's the kind of people TPTB really are. They can no longer keep the media in their control. Not when you have the ATS Community and people like you to hunt down these news stories!

Thanks abunch. Keep up the good work.

Lol no but really thanks, I read and seen some of these like the shortest man, but not the one about the dog shooting his owner. That's just hilarious.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I think that at least one of these stories might have a hidden agenda,

IT appears that not only is he the worlds shortest man, he is also the worlds shortest "man in black"

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/249e932dcce2.jpg[/atsimg]

Thats some serious undercover work there

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

He looks like the little pug alien from the 1st MIB movie!

Great find.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I don't see a conspiracy here, none of these stories are headline worthy unless it's a slow news day. At the end of the year, there is usually a good recap of surprising news stories that were covered poorly. It can be surprising what the MSM doesn't report on sometimes.

top topics

join