It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald's targeted in US health ad

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

I wouldnt say people are 'impressionable morons' really. Unless you're a person who's become desensitized to shock tactics then they're going to grab your attention whether you like it or not.
Personally I think McDonalds image is becoming less and less the symbol for the fast food culture what with all the changes they've made over the past few years. I dont see how its productive to try and undermine all the work they've put in when it really isnt such a bad place anymore.

Also, if anyone did truly believe that McDonald's could kill you then they probably shouldnt be allowed to own a tv.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

You're Hired!

I think this ad just states the obvious. I ate at McDonalds last week and it confirmed what I had suspected all along: Their burgers are #e. It reminds me of why I don't eat there regularly (this was my first visit since Jan).

I'll take a burger that comes from local, grain-fed cows over McDonalds.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

If I were McDonald's, I'd have a hearty chuckle. They know that they sell garbage to a majority of uneducated, ill-informed morons (to be fair, I just wanted to see if they got any worse in taste) and they rake in the dough over it.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluebelle

I know that shock tactics grab your attention, I don't think that you can become desensitized to them in that respect, but the shock is intended to help convince you into believing what they’re trying to put across.

In my opinion, you have to be very impressionable to be swayed by shock tactics so blatant that it turns the advert into a joke. You’d think that anyone with two brain cells to bang together would see straight through it but unfortunately you wouldn’t see such things if they didn’t work.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
That ad was a bit hilarious, unfortunately it may get pulled. I avoid them like the plague. I rather kill my self over Taco Bell or Burger King!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join